3rd main: Bad Omens, Sum 41, While She Sleeps 

Opus headliners: Machine Head, Corey Taylor, Babymetal

Opus subs: Heilung, Billy Talent, Bowling For Soup 

Avalanche: Polyphia, Thy Art Is Murder, The Used 

Dogtooth: The Black Dahlia Murder, Biohazard, Fear Factory

These are my guesses. 

Sum 41 can't do Saturday.

55 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Just remembered (and checked on Google) that there was talk of Slipknot doing a world tour in 2024. I think maybe they do a Knotfest UK with either Judas Priest or Korn as sub, plus a number of the bands doing the festival circuit that are apparantly missing from Download and not at Bloodstock. Kreator, Behemoth, Mudvayne and Satyricon for example. I obvs mentioned before I suspected it and when you see bands doing the circuit missing from both Download and Bloodstock it seems feasible.

Also surprised In Flames and Lamb Of God not announced for any fests yet. If multiple Knotfests happen I think they'd be ideal to play. I don't think Coal Chamber announced anything in Europe yet either?

Slipknot, Judas Priest, Lamb Of God, In Flames, Kreator, Coal Chamber, Mudvayne and Behemoth all in one day would pack out MK Bowl. 

It would be very Download like to not get Mudvayne while the best European one's do.

48 minutes ago, RedJosh said:

My guess on stage placements

Friday

Apex – Queens of the Stone Age/Royal Blood/Babymetal/

Opus – While She Sleeps/Bad Omens/

Avalanche – Polyphia/

Dogtooth – The Black Dahlia Murder/

Saturday

Apex – Fall Out Boy/The Offspring/Bowling for Soup/

Opus – Pantera/Corey Taylor/

Avalanche – The Used/

Dogtooth – BioHazard/

Sunday

Apex – Avenged Sevenfold/Machine Head/Heilung/

Opus – Sum 41/Billy Talent/

Avalanche – Thy Art Is Murder/

Dogtooth – Fear Factory/

I think this is closer but cheap tickets will easily be picked up later.

3 hours ago, Nice to Michu said:

Limp Bizkit for Knotfest or R&L on the Blink day then.

If both Limp Bizkit and Avril have gone Reading instead that's a big blow for Download. I wonder if just maybe Limp Bizkit would get booked for a Glastonbury Pyramid rock slot? 1 or both of these probably have the popularity that if ever Glastonbury were going to book them it is now. They booked Motorhead Motorhead afterall, on a day originally with Mary J Blige, FATM and FF and ended up with The Libertines and Florence. Glastonbury is the one festival where it really doesn't matter if there is a flow.

We are at the point of the year where both of these would just have needed to announce earlier shows if they were doing their own?, Bizkit having done Gunnersbury Park likely rules them out of doing their own. Let's also not forget that Bizkit did Boomtown In what will be 6 years ago next year so that's possible given they announce late.

2 minutes ago, Judas Yeast said:

Limp Bizkit have no European dates at all though. Loads of us were really hoping for them but just looks like they're not about this time

Wes posted they would be back in the UK next year so not sure where they’ll pop up, unless they’re going to announce an arena tour instead, 10 years since they last played Download.

47 minutes ago, Judas Yeast said:

Limp Bizkit have no European dates at all though. Loads of us were really hoping for them but just looks like they're not about this time

In the Pinkpop topic, someone has posted that the promoter of Jera Festival has basically confirmed them for Pinkpop. Think it’s likely they’ll be in Europe next June but unlikely they’ll be at Download now 

1 hour ago, Nice to Michu said:

Could they headline 2000 Trees? 

Think it's perfectly plausible, or as @Spiral_Low has mentioned they could just be doing their own tour. With the somewhat resurgence of those sort of Nu Metal bands of that era are having currently, it wouldn't surprise me if they do a big EU festival run with the likes of Pinkpop, Rock For People, Mad Cool, Graspop etc giving them a decent slot

11 minutes ago, Gejonimo said:

You would not have thought there had been a full leak last night, this place is dead. Guessing this is gonna be pretty poorly received. 

I expect so too. If the leak is legit, overall DW got most of good available acts for next year, but still weaker compared to the stacked 2023. Let's see
P.S. I'll be surprised if there's no Crosses in the announcement today.

1 hour ago, Gejonimo said:

You would not have thought there had been a full leak last night, this place is dead. Guessing this is gonna be pretty poorly received. 

If the headliners are true then they are chasing a more mainstream crowd this year. A few heavy acts thrown in won't change that (especially when one of them is as controversial as Pantera)*.

Personally speaking it's a shame as I'd love to see Machine Head, Offspring and Karnivool but not paying the ticket prices plus everything else if I don't wanna see any headlines. 

*Modern over produced metalcore doesn't count.