2023 Ticket Price Confirmed

Dukeicon

25 minutes ago, leath02 said:

Yeah this is exactly the point I'm making. Will be markedly more expensive one you're inside those gates for sure

However I think we were all expecting more expensive prices that we were greeted with this year, so mayb Emily and Michael will keep true to keeping stuff relatively affordable on site, and absorbing that is perhaps part and parcel of the increase in ticket price

24 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Of course you can bring some booze on the coach but you are very limited really. I usually just bring a bottle of spirits now.

How much was the Co-op on site for beers? Could you easily pick up a cold can for under the price of a pint from one of the bars?

29 minutes ago, leath02 said:

Yeah this is exactly the point I'm making. Will be markedly more expensive one you're inside those gates for sure

However I think we were all expecting more expensive prices that we were greeted with this year, so mayb Emily and Michael will keep true to keeping stuff relatively affordable on site, and absorbing that is perhaps part and parcel of the increase in ticket price

I'm not sure how much control Michael or Emily have over prices on site.

If the ticket prices are going up it's probably fair to assume pitch prices will too. Then the food vendors for instance will have their own costs going up in terms of power, ingredients for food, infrastructure, etc...

Not really surprising given the state of things, and at the end of the day, it has always been really good value for money

My main worry is how expensive being at the festival will be next year. Last one was the first one I had to return to my student days of only a few beers from the bars as the prices were outrageous.

It's been said before, but if you're going to charge me £6 a beer, at least give the tents to the amazing UK craft breweries we have and not the absolute piss that is carlsberg etc.

5 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

This is not an issue, the festival needs a younger demographic. The average age of attendees is in the 40's.

Not an issue for you, but for some, the younger audience brings too much change. I agree with you, the festival needs an injection of youth to keep it fresh. Not sure about the average age of attendees being in their 40s though, is that an official figure?

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I'm not sure how much control Michael or Emily have over prices on site.

If the ticket prices are going up it's probably fair to assume pitch prices will too. Then the food vendors for instance will have their own costs going up in terms of power, ingredients for food, infrastructure, etc...

I thought there was a general consensus that M&E applied pressure to keep prices as low as possible and insisted on initiatives such as Food for a Fiver?

2 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Not an issue for you, but for some, the younger audience brings too much change. I agree with you, the festival needs an injection of youth to keep it fresh. Not sure about the average age of attendees being in their 40s though, is that an official figure?

Can't find anything from GFL on this, but loads of other sources have it in the 40's.

26 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I didn't read much of the threads around overcrowding etc and absolutely everyone I know who went had one for the ages. Sure, there were some bottlenecks, particularly on the Sunday but the atmosphere was on point, as always. There is always going to be a small group that don't feel it or have a less happy experience, and that's fine, I'm not one of those who think every year is amazing and the festival can do no wrong, but 2022 felt like a really strong year. 

2023 will be exactly the same, despite what this thread is discussing. Sure, it's going to cost more, but the vast majority of attendees will have the time of their lives and again, post-June, a small group will highlight the issues that made it not so enjoyable. And that's ok.

Stages changing, new acts headlining, costs increasing, increased security measures, younger demographic attending, it's all part of the evolution of the festival. It won't be for everyone, and sometimes there'll be people who've been attending for many years who call it a day. Nothing lasts forever.

Absolutely agree with all that. Just responding really to the poster who suggested it was only one person's group who felt that whereas, as I say, I've never seen as much negativity round these parts as I did this summer (and I've been coming here 15 years or something).

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Can't find anything from GFL on this, but loads of other sources have it in the 40's.

Interesting. From a Guardian article this June:

"This year it is 45 years and two months, even with Eilish, although that is down slightly on the average age of 49 when the festival last went ahead in 2019"

Increased costs aren't going to reduce that average number, are they?

14 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

How much was the Co-op on site for beers? Could you easily pick up a cold can for under the price of a pint from one of the bars?

Don't think it's allowed to sell booze. I've actually never been to the Co-op on site though (think it's only been there one year I've been - 2019?) so not sure.

I always just accept I'll spend a fuckload on booze and food over the weekend but as that fuckload increases it will give me pause.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

Just now, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

"This year it is 45 years and two months, even with Eilish, although that is down slightly on the average age of 49 when the festival last went ahead in 2019"

More likely increase it.

Whilst one drives the other, cost and value are also very different things, one is objective and the other subjective. Everyone will have their own take on it, however if you find yourself standing in stadiums two or three times a year watching a major act then its less likely to feel unreasonable.

I must admit Mrs Chef and I did wince a little when we saw the cost, but we were unsuccessful getting tickets for this year (2020) and have decided we will try our hardest to get tickets and love every minute if successful without feeling we have been taken for a ride over the total cost of attending. Everyone in our group of 15 or so has said the same - no one has dropped out. Yet.

1 minute ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

well, I'll be damned

7 minutes ago, leath02 said:

I thought there was a general consensus that M&E applied pressure to keep prices as low as possible and insisted on initiatives such as Food for a Fiver?

Not sure how viable FFAF is anymore with everyone’s costs rising.

This year it felt you were shopping in the £10-15 bracket for a decent meal.

Of course demand will still far outstrip supply for this, so ticket day will be no different.

But no doubt about it, that is an awful increase.

It's still good value against big gigs, but I don't go to any big gigs cos they feel like a rip off.

We will still be in the mix for tickets I would have thought. 

6 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

But that is age of headliners, not attendees, which was being discussed.

The average age of Glastonbury headliners has increased steadily in the past 15 years. When Prodigy, Radiohead and Ash topped the bill in 1997, the average age was 26 years and five months. This year it is 45 years and two months, even with Eilish, although that is down slightly on the average age of 49 when the festival last went ahead in 2019.

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1