2024 Festival

Chad888

18 hours ago, Sam Y said:

posters up around Manchester near gorilla with 22nd Feb on so I guess an intimate gig there

Think it’ll be a mini tour of venues like the Ritz, academies, Ally Pally etc, but hopefully they do a good few dates.

Sets them up nicely for an arena run in November/December.

Some interesting quotes from the article for people who don’t want to scan through the full thing: 

‘The Chevron will boast the world’s first outdoor floating LED video sky canopy, and has been created especially to host dance music, pop and hip-hop acts.’ 

‘The 40,000-capacity open-air venue’s video canopy will be made up of hundreds of thousands of programmable LED lights, “turning the sky into a dazzling, reactive display” and boasted as “a feat of engineering, as the LEDs will appear to be hovering in the air”.’

‘A press release revealed: “The canopy will bathe the audience with dynamic light and the mesh is 90 per cent transparent, so fans can dance under the open sky into the early hours.”’

‘I felt that I could still accommodate the six headliners on what would essentially be Main Stage East,” Benn exclusively told NME. “What I was seeing was an emergence of a really strong popularity of dance music coming back again in a very powerful way. We needed to look for a different environment of a stage’ 

‘I also really wanted to have a stage that dance acts, hip-hop acts [and] pop acts could all feel that it was their own. The Chevron is building on the Reading & Leeds logo, and it just happened.’ 

Edited by Andre91

Really intriguing, if the acts utilise it well the stage and lighting design could allow us to have some really exciting shows. Also no wonder they can get The Prodigy in there if it fits 40k people in there, just wonder how the other acts will fare

7 minutes ago, nathanh said:

. Also no wonder they can get The Prodigy in there if it fits 40k people in there, just wonder how the other acts will fare

I agree, especially with sonny Fodera probably competing against Fred again,  I can’t really see any dance fan who’d make the decision to go to sonny. On top of that the wombats, massively popular won’t be indie crowd, will draw more away 

One thing also intriguing about the stage is the continual talk of pop, however there isnt any pop stars on it as of right now, could this be an indication of whats to come on future lineups? I think having a couple might draw people to the new stage.

Interesting how he said he felt he could accommodate the six headliners on one stage. Taking, for example, BMTH and Arctic Monkeys in 2022, there’s no way you could have had both their stage sets rigged up ready to go on the same stage. It has to be one or the other surely? Really is just a glorified sub now, isn’t it? 

5 minutes ago, FeverDream said:

Interesting how he said he felt he could accommodate the six headliners on one stage. Taking, for example, BMTH and Arctic Monkeys in 2022, there’s no way you could have had both their stage sets rigged up ready to go on the same stage. It has to be one or the other surely? Really is just a glorified sub now, isn’t it? 

Yeah, they’re just subs now, aren’t they. Especially this year, in terms of stage show, what are Gerry and Catfish going to have? A backdrop? What does Lana have? A video screen and a swing? It’s definitely not like the situation you’ve mentioned with BMTH and AM having not setups. 

I guess it’ll depend on the year. 

• Upvote 1

Hope the prodigy clash with Gerry and not Blink, that’d be horrendous. 

As people have mentioned it is gloried sub but I see Lana as a headliner and Fred Again as a closing set, a bit like what European festivals do. 

This looks amazing. Loved arcadia at Glastonbury but This looks much better. Might actually get a ticket for prodigy day as hopefully they will be going back to being more of a dance act rather than rock. Seen them 4 times but not been to see them since 1996 due to going more down the path of rock music. 

2 minutes ago, Aromaticmusic1 said:

What are the chances they put the prodigy on after blink

Unlikely. Reading are restricted with late night sound due to licensing. Only way I could see it happening would be as a silent disco set but don't think that will happen