2024 Festival

Chad888

Sorry but were people seriously placing Lana del f**king ray above Liam Gallagher 

I mean get a grip…

It’s a good lineup for the festival, and more importantly it will sell well, even if it’s slightly uninspiring to some.

Blink are a massive pull for RandL, and Fred Again headlining outright will draw a big crowd even if some of the olds have never heard of him. Liams day will likely sell best, such is his pull, as he remains one of the biggest artists in the country right now.

Overall 7/10

52 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Did Liam day in 2021 and missed the first tracks coming over from Biffy. Same for Wolf Alice after seeing Blossoms. Please tell me they've somehow sorted the overlaps?

How, saw Biffy finish, got a pint in and had to wait for Gallagher to do his admittedly funny welcome, before f**king off to see Girl in Red....

Its easy to do unless youre going front to front. In which case you need to join #BRINGBACKTHEBIGTEN

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Aromaticmusic1 said:

Reckon Liam will play songs from other oasis albums as well as solo stuff and definitely maybe since definitely maybe is only 11 songs

The fact people are getting excited/ asking questons about this type of thing, simply shows how sh*t modernt options are.

Oasis were sh*t live back in 2000 at Reading, Liam Gallagher in 2024 will to be fair probably play a better set by the sound of it, its sad that people are getting excited by this fact though...

48 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

skrillex not being on the same day as fred again seems like they’ve missed a trick 

its the new format.  You cant have genre led days as there is nothing else to see. They need to mix stuff up otherwise they'll sell zero weekend tickets, being forced to watch 3 hours of stuff you hate to end your night...

3 minutes ago, Benj said:

Spiritbox playing 5th at Reading in two stage format.... NOT    GOING   TO    HAPPEN

That would actually indicate they’re playing 3rd, or MSE sub. Definitely not, it’s just listed by hierarchy I think.

They could be anywhere from 3rd down to introducing stage basically. Probably be FR headliners I reckon

4 minutes ago, gblock said:

That would actually indicate they’re playing 3rd, or MSE sub. Definitely not, it’s just listed by hierarchy I think.

They could be anywhere from 3rd down to introducing stage basically. Probably be FR headliners I reckon

youre right..main stage is not going to happen.

...I was quite excited by Blink and Lana Del Rey earlier yet I've already been convinced out it by my boomer mates that its not worth going...

Whats in this for the kids... Fred, Liam, Blink?....

Will this sell better than last year??   I reckon so, while no better on paper, its far better when you consider the actual demand to see these acts.

Fender...Eilish...Killers.... every coont under the sun had a chance to have seen them previously... Gallagher may have sold himself thinnish but seems to still have demand... Blink...deffo demand left over....Fred yes....Del Rey... would be my first act..big, different draw. Cinnamon...will draw few above those who'd be there to see Gallagher already, CATBM - Would be up for it personally if Id not seen them 2 years odd back...

6 hours ago, BenG92 said:

Spotted by good man @stanh via Ticketmaster

IMG_9014.jpg

Ah I thought a Liam/Fred day sounded far too strong to be true.

They’ve done wise with those headliner splits as each of the MSW names are hot ticket acts who will go a long way to selling out their respective days. 

It’s funny that with Bicep this year and now Skrillex next they’ve got these electronic acts just made to headline a tent but are having to stick them on in the middle of the day, although I’m sure he’ll go down very well regardless to all the jaw swinging teens 

11 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Because he’ll pull one of the biggest, hypest crowds of the weekend and not a lifeless crowd half the size full of people feeling sad in their late 20s whilst all of the kids go and watch something else more relevant to them elsewhere. 

Hard not to with that lineup. Even Mumford and Sons would look half decent there. Enjoy watching the laptop.

40 minutes ago, omarara said:

Goodmorning, I have one question, i'm from Italy and i want to come for the first time to Reading festival with my friends. The weekend tickets usually goes out fast or not?

Really depends year to year and the lineup, this year shows potential to be pretty quick but still think you have time