2024 Festival

Chad888

1 hour ago, Chad888 said:

Could we see Greenday and Blink-182 in the same line-up? Are we giving to much credit to FR booking acts each day to cater to individual subsects, and they are instead looking to have the old-school fetival line-up with just 3 (or 6) crowd pleasing names?

Green Day / Post Malone / Blink-182

Fred Again / Kasabian / Paramore

Replace Post Malone with My Chemical Romance, Fred Again with Queens Of The Stone Age and Kasabian with Fall Out Boy.

LLVVE9d.png

2 hours ago, theesundayroast said:

I apologise for being slightly off topic but at least it isn't just efests users that can be deluded about the size of bands. Hope everyone gets excited about Catfish's Glasto headline on their return in 2027!
image.png.6d4f03277aea0fb428759e632c7f00c8.png

Weren't some people on here tipping them to headline R&L circa 2017/2018?

13 hours ago, VCK said:

Weren't some people on here tipping them to headline R&L circa 2017/2018?

They had a massive rise between 2014-2017 but dropped off after The Ride came out. Instead it was cool to dislike Catfish, unlike Fender.

Their 2014 FR tent set was one of those where you could tell they’d go on to big things. Hope they do come back as rumoured.

1 hour ago, andyrhodes24 said:

They had a massive rise between 2014-2017 but dropped off after The Ride came out. Instead it was cool to dislike Catfish, unlike Fender.

Their 2014 FR tent set was one of those where you could tell they’d go on to big things. Hope they do come back as rumoured.

Catfish were brilliant headlining Trnsmt in 2019, so loud and full of energy. Where has the rumour of the return with a new lineup come from ? 

3 minutes ago, swede said:

Catfish were brilliant headlining Trnsmt in 2019, so loud and full of energy. Where has the rumour of the return with a new lineup come from ? 

Seems like a reputable source on this forum tipped a comeback next year, minus Van (not sure how successful that would be, given he’s the frontman)

Theres a new band called Hearts with 2 of the former band members going on tour soon, maybe this is what that source was referring to. They have a couple songs out, pretty average 

31 minutes ago, gblock said:

Seems like a reputable source on this forum tipped a comeback next year, minus Van (not sure how successful that would be, given he’s the frontman)

Theres a new band called Hearts with 2 of the former band members going on tour soon, maybe this is what that source was referring to. They have a couple songs out, pretty average 

I think you’ve got that the wrong way around; I’m sure the person said that they’re coming back and it’s only Van remaining with a whole new lineup.

Catfish had the momentum and the tunes, just their songs all sounded the same so they kind of reached a peak

They were doing all the right shows to build up to it imo - just needed a bit more music wise, which could have happened but we'll never know now

No way are they bigger than current fender - good point of comparison is Sam Fender's finsbury show vs theirs / APE

Edited by gfa

9 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I think you’ve got that the wrong way around; I’m sure the person said that they’re coming back and it’s only Van remaining with a whole new lineup.

Would make a lot more sense that, hence why the others have started up a new band!

4 hours ago, gblock said:

Would make a lot more sense that, hence why the others have started up a new band!

Last I read the bassist hadn’t posted anything like the others confirming he’d left? Seems like there was definite animosity between Van and Bondy though from the latter’s Insta post.

45 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Last I read the bassist hadn’t posted anything like the others confirming he’d left? Seems like there was definite animosity between Van and Bondy though from the latter’s Insta post.

Looked on companies house, CATB LIVE LLP terminated all 3 of the other band members involvement in 2021 so that Van has full control. So who knows what’s gonna happen.

Anyway… new blink-182 music is out, what do people think?

49 minutes ago, gblock said:

Looked on companies house, CATB LIVE LLP terminated all 3 of the other band members involvement in 2021 so that Van has full control. So who knows what’s gonna happen.

We got told van is touring solo with a backing band ala Liam Gallagher and is about next year by a good source as someone else stated

so probably that!

• Upvote 1

New Blink:

One More Time’s not bad, although more of a meaningful statement song about their past than a particularly great song in itself, but More Than You Know is a banger and seems like a great continuation of their self-titled and Neighborhoods sound. Didn’t think I’d get caught up in the reformation hype, but gotta say I’m pretty excited for the new album. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

This new Blink stuff is drumming up hype. If they tailor the weekend right with some more rock bands, I think they’d do ticket sales a world of good. Day tickets would certainly fly out anyway. 

Genuinely think tickets would fly if Blink were headiners

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

New Blink:

One More Time’s not bad, although more of a meaningful statement song about their past than a particularly great song in itself, but More Than You Know is a banger and seems like a great continuation of their self-titled and Neighborhoods sound. Didn’t think I’d get caught up in the reformation hype, but gotta say I’m pretty excited for the new album. 

Even as a big Blink fan I think they’re alright, a little forgettable if I’m honest with hype aside. 

More than you know didn’t seem to have a really punchy and catchy chorus that they’re known for. One more time is heart felt and hits the fans in the feels, better of the two for sure. 

I have no doubt the album will be full of bangers though especially with Travis producing. 

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Just watched the One More Time video. f**k me. Should have had some tissues ready. 

More Than You Know is straight from the untitled album. 

GOD BLESS BLINK-182

Same.

Watching that made me want to buy tickets now to know I have them to bask in their comeback.

14 hours ago, jcarb said:

Even as a big Blink fan I think they’re alright, a little forgettable if I’m honest with hype aside. 

More than you know didn’t seem to have a really punchy and catchy chorus that they’re known for. One more time is heart felt and hits the fans in the feels, better of the two for sure. 

I have no doubt the album will be full of bangers though especially with Travis producing. 

Yeah personally I really liked One More Time. More Than You Know is OK. 

Is this to stacked? 

Do we call it stacked when its just all the bands that WE like and we are so cynical that we can't possibly imagine it happening?

Paramore // Travis Scott // Blink-182 as a line-up seems R&L

AJ Tracy // Catfish &T Bottlemen // Queens of the Stone Age is a very cheap undercard

Probably a dance act like Charli XCX instead of Courteeners and swap her for Aitch to sub Travis?

Sziget tend to share all the headliners with R&L, and Sizget leaker posted a picture of a blue sky - Travis Scott Skywalker? seems very likely. Blink are nailed on and Paramore are in the area supporting Taylor Swift.

RL242.jpg