2024 Festival

Chad888

Few acts announced for BBC Intro - one of which is Sun King who I saw support Wunderhorse and they’re outstanding. Also someone called Ellur who’s really good 

Edited by Dukey

If the fest didn’t have the reputation of being a literal creche it would be sold out now. Lineup is actually ridiculously strong for someone early 20s i’d say - perfect mix of good new acts and solid older stuff.

if they keep booking it like this and the reputation recovers it could sell out every year again (big IFS)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gfa said:

If the fest didn’t have the reputation of being a literal creche it would be sold out now. Lineup is actually ridiculously strong for someone early 20s i’d say - perfect mix of good new acts and solid older stuff.

if they keep booking it like this and the reputation recovers it could sell out every year again (big IFS)

Yup. The way it will recover is if the experience is once again good, its deemed as good VFM and people, esp the litteral crèche kids, think it’s worth coming back for.

The young 20 something audience (crèche kids in 2021) were lost in the two main stage years, when it was simply a sh*t festival. They came as the rite of passage and unlike significant numbers before them found no reason to return.

Will this new format offer a better experience?

We will see. It’s still looking very light choice wise as things stand when you see it in clashfinder format.

The proof will be in if people remain in the arena instead of going back and forth all day. Is the quantity there to get them back when they’re paying £400 of there own money…

Edited by Benj

On 5/25/2024 at 12:41 PM, Benj said:

Yup. The way it will recover is if the experience is once again good, its deemed as good VFM and people, esp the litteral crèche kids, think it’s worth coming back for.

The young 20 something audience (crèche kids in 2021) were lost in the two main stage years, when it was simply a sh*t festival. They came as the rite of passage and unlike significant numbers before them found no reason to return.

Will this new format offer a better experience?

We will see. It’s still looking very light choice wise as things stand when you see it in clashfinder format.

The proof will be in if people remain in the arena instead of going back and forth all day. Is the quantity there to get them back when they’re paying £400 of there own money…

Im 42 next week and the strength of the Fred Again day and the new Chevron stage has pulled me back in for a day ticket, first time attending Leeds fest since 2019. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, glastorome said:

Im 42 next week and the strength of the Fred Again day and the new Chevron stage has pulled me back in for a day ticket, first time attending Leeds fest since 2019. 

As you never experienced the 2 main stage era, you’ll be the best judge of how the new format compared to the old.

As I mentioned above, while there’s some great names, as things stand, depth wise it’s not a patch on 2019 at the mo

IMG_3787.thumb.png.9d2b4646ed00268f8be34abf5a0a2500.png

IMG_3788.thumb.jpeg.b9c6731482fc1126e8f9b002a0a6331e.jpeg

Assume we’ll get another couple more mainstage acts and a second mini stage. Otherwise I fear it will feel similarly weak outside of the few big names. 

Less of a festival, more a big gig in a park

12 hours ago, Benj said:

As you never experienced the 2 main stage era, you’ll be the best judge of how the new format compared to the old.

As I mentioned above, while there’s some great names, as things stand, depth wise it’s not a patch on 2019 at the mo

IMG_3787.thumb.png.9d2b4646ed00268f8be34abf5a0a2500.png

IMG_3788.thumb.jpeg.b9c6731482fc1126e8f9b002a0a6331e.jpeg

Assume we’ll get another couple more mainstage acts and a second mini stage. Otherwise I fear it will feel similarly weak outside of the few big names. 

Less of a festival, more a big gig in a park

Im hoping your timings are well out. Goddard was the once act on Chevron I was hoping to see but my group wont be missing Raye, saw her earlier this year at Brid Spa and she was incredible. 

1 hour ago, glastorome said:

Im hoping your timings are well out. Goddard was the once act on Chevron I was hoping to see but my group wont be missing Raye, saw her earlier this year at Brid Spa and she was incredible. 

Theyre not ‘my’ times, some other kind soul has taken a crack at it

Given it’s a new format, it’s all guess work at the mo. I’m really hoping it’s still far from complete too.

7 main stage acts would be a proper pisstake and most certainly won’t be getting punters back again any time soon!

30 minutes ago, Benj said:

Theyre not ‘my’ times, some other kind soul has taken a crack at it

Given it’s a new format, it’s all guess work at the mo. I’m really hoping it’s still far from complete too.

7 main stage acts would be a proper pisstake and most certainly won’t be getting punters back again any time soon!

Tbh I'll take 7 if it means Lana and Fred both get headline length sets, plus Rayes set wont be short, still think they'll add 1 more act to each day on the main stage

41 minutes ago, glastorome said:

Tbh I'll take 7 if it means Lana and Fred both get headline length sets, plus Rayes set wont be short, still think they'll add 1 more act to each day on the main stage

Even if they both have 2 hour sets we'll go from people legging it from stage to stage to people just sat for hours in between acts!

It wouldn't be too bad if EVERYONE gets extended sets but again, I'd prefer variety myself

45 minutes ago, Aromaticmusic1 said:

I’m begging the clashfinders wrong. Quite a few massive clashes for me - Fontaines and Wunderhorse, blink and prodigy to name a couple

It’s complete guesswork at present so I wouldn’t worry yourself at all 🙂 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Aromaticmusic1 said:

I’m begging the clashfinders wrong. Quite a few massive clashes for me - Fontaines and Wunderhorse, blink and prodigy to name a couple

I doubt Fontaines and wunderhorse will clash with their shared audience

On 5/30/2024 at 10:44 AM, Sam Y said:

I doubt Fontaines and wunderhorse will clash with their shared audience

They still haven't ruled out Blink and Prodigy clashing - which you'd do straight away if they weren't so i wouldn't count on it.

Festivals do weird clashes all the time

13 hours ago, Aromaticmusic1 said:

Do we reckon he’ll keep the same like with all the b-sides bc it just says he’s playing def maybe so I wonder if he’ll play them then some of his own stuff

Really hard to say i think

17 hours ago, Aromaticmusic1 said:

Do we reckon he’ll keep the same like with all the b-sides bc it just says he’s playing def maybe so I wonder if he’ll play them then some of his own stuff

I think the setlist will be similar to this, minus a few b-sides.

Either way, hopefully there will be some good sing-alongs.

18 hours ago, Aromaticmusic1 said:

I would assume probably not too close to this. I don't think this works for general people, it goes extremely deep into B-sides. When he played Fade Away at Leeds 2022 nobody had a clue what was happening. My assumption is full album, maybe Whatever and I am the Walrus and then a couple of solo tracks, perhaps Wonderwall

10 hours ago, nathanh said:

Interesting thing to note is the "MORE ARTISTS AND STAGES TO BE ANNOUNCED" has disappeared on the latest poster so this might be our lot for 2024

IMG_8532.jpeg

NEW POSTER

IMG_8533.jpeg

PREVIOUS POSTER

Another HUGE lineup slash if so

Those Extra acts and stages promised never came

If it is the case I can’t see the arena opening much before 2

The usual suspect will still try to make out its a great lineup as 3-4 big names they happen to like are playing…

A festival in its death throes, shrinking and sinking like a stone

6 minutes ago, Benj said:

Another HUGE lineup slash if so

Those Extra acts and stages promised never came

If it is the case I can’t see the arena opening much before 2

The usual suspect will still try to make out its a great lineup as 3-4 big names they happen to like are playing…

A festival in its death throes, shrinking and sinking like a stone

You’re really boring. You’re destroying what’s left of this part of forum like you have in the past by incessantly repeating the same, tired statements day in day out.