2024 Festival

Chad888

On 1/28/2023 at 5:45 PM, Andre91 said:

Get The 1975 back every single year. The show I saw last week was phenomenal. All hail Matty & da bois. 

Oh aye, saw em Thursday in Liverpool, they’re so bloody good man and I was in the nosebleeds

• 2 weeks later...

Particularly with Panic! At the Disco being off the cards, Paramore would fill the potential pop-punk-turned-pop-rockers late-noughties vibe they may want to tick off.

blink-182 surely going to run through festivals next summer, but could see them eschewing this for something stranger, like BST Hyde Park or maybe even Download.

• 2 weeks later...

May as well get the ball rolling again for Reading and Leeds 2024... Perhaps a bit too optimistic, with almost a 50/50 split of male:female acts, whilst also assuming some acts have big years again (e.g. PinkPantheress) and others will be on the festival circuit again (e.g. Confidence Man).

599252542_rl24mock0.thumb.jpg.2035fc36e517625ad688e3df08803742.jpg

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, stanh said:

May as well get the ball rolling again for Reading and Leeds 2024... Perhaps a bit too optimistic, with almost a 50/50 split of male:female acts, whilst also assuming some acts have big years again (e.g. PinkPantheress) and others will be on the festival circuit again (e.g. Confidence Man).

599252542_rl24mock0.thumb.jpg.2035fc36e517625ad688e3df08803742.jpg

may as well just bin the forum off if this is optimistic lol

i'd expect two door, wombats, gerry, blossoms etc all back tbh. no way are bloc party in that slot or IDLES i think - don't think chvrches are that relevant with r&l crowd either

26 minutes ago, gfa said:

i'd expect two door, wombats, gerry, blossoms etc all back tbh. no way are bloc party in that slot or IDLES i think - don't think chvrches are that relevant with r&l crowd either

Was trying to just do something slightly more inspired than the same old same old, even though I'd imagine that is what it'll end up being. Don't think IDLES or Bloc Party are that unrealistic, IDLES especially, going into Foo's. Chvrches are due a return too, haven't done it since 2019. I honestly think though it's a fairly feasible lineup🤷🏽‍♂️

24 minutes ago, stanh said:

Was trying to just do something slightly more inspired than the same old same old, even though I'd imagine that is what it'll end up being. Don't think IDLES or Bloc Party are that unrealistic, IDLES especially, going into Foo's. Chvrches are due a return too, haven't done it since 2019. I honestly think though it's a fairly feasible lineup🤷🏽‍♂️

true re same old

bloc party way past it now i think. IDLES not past it at all just not sure about that high

1 hour ago, gfa said:

God, thats depressing, Two Door, Wombats and Blossoms AGAIN.

Its pretty much nailed on isn't it. Id put Chvrches in the same braket but they havent played for 7 years to be fair to them

8 minutes ago, Benj said:

God, thats depressing, Two Door, Wombats and Blossoms AGAIN.

Its pretty much nailed on isn't it. Id put Chvrches in the same braket but they havent played for 7 years to be fair to them

Isn't it, I really hope not. Chvrches though, they last played in 2019.

4 hours ago, shedrovemetodaytimetv said:

I don't know why anyone bothers speculating anymore. It's always wildly disappointing compared what the speculation is. 

It's just a bit of fun. Without speculation, what's the point in having these threads about the festival?

• Upvote 2

I feel like Aitch is too low but overall, fuck knows anymore. 

MSE: Paramore / Lil Nas X / Phoebe Bridgers

MSW: SZA / The Kid Laroi / CHVRCHES

MSE: Travis Scott / Playboi Carti / Headie One 

MSW: Twenty One Pilots / Aitch / Ashnikko

MSE: Foo Fighters / Olivia Rodrigo / IDLES 

MSW: Kasabian / The Wombats / beabadoobee 

Edited by Andre91

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I feel like Aitch is too low but overall, fuck knows anymore. 

MSE: Paramore / Lil Nas X / Phoebe Bridgers

MSW: SZA / The Kid Laroi / CHVRCHES

MSE: Travis Scott / Playboi Carti / Headie One 

MSW: Twenty One Pilots / Aitch / Ashnikko

MSE: Foo Fighters / Olivia Rodrigo / IDLES 

MSW: Kasabian / The Wombats / beabadoobee 

I think all three of your MSE subs will be MSW headliners by then, arguably Carti (doing wireless) and Lil Nas X (meant to be subbing glasto, headlining all over mainland europe) are already.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

I reckon Aitch and Pinkpantheress will be two of the headliners. Probably on the 2nd main stage.

I’m going to predict headliners will be

Paramore

Travis Scott

Muse

Aitch

Pinkpantheress

Twenty One Pilots

Can't see a world in which Pinkpantheress headlines in 2024.

8 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I reckon Aitch and Pinkpantheress will be two of the headliners. Probably on the 2nd main stage.

I’m going to predict headliners will be

Paramore

Travis Scott

Muse

Aitch

Pinkpantheress

Twenty One Pilots

You’re off your nut if you think Pinkpantheress is gonna be that big in a year just because she’s suddenly had one hit song. 

Has there been any recent bands or artists that have such a huge smash as their first public widely released album?

The kind where a bunch of the songs are still played and loved, and they still tour smashing the bangers out?

Like Eminem with The Eminem Show, Post Malone with Beerbongs & Bentleys, Arctic Monkeys with Whatever People Say I Am...

I struggle to think of any recent bands that have had such a cultural impact right out the gate.

1 hour ago, Chad888 said:

Has there been any recent bands or artists that have such a huge smash as their first public widely released album?

The kind where a bunch of the songs are still played and loved, and they still tour smashing the bangers out?

Like Eminem with The Eminem Show, Post Malone with Beerbongs & Bentleys, Arctic Monkeys with Whatever People Say I Am...

I struggle to think of any recent bands that have had such a cultural impact right out the gate.

Sour - Olivia Rodrigo comes straight to mind.

4 massive hits, 2 Uk Number 1s, UK Number 1 album, very impressive streaming numbers, instantly sold out tour (granted it was pretty intimate), very highly anticipated sophomore album. Will only imagine she will go from strength to strength on album 2, whilst still having a very strong first album to play during her sets.

8 hours ago, stanh said:

Sour - Olivia Rodrigo comes straight to mind.

4 massive hits, 2 Uk Number 1s, UK Number 1 album, very impressive streaming numbers, instantly sold out tour (granted it was pretty intimate), very highly anticipated sophomore album. Will only imagine she will go from strength to strength on album 2, whilst still having a very strong first album to play during her sets.

Honestly I’m surprised Olivia isn’t doing any shows this year. She’d have been a massive coup for R&L 2023 if they got her on an exclusive.