All Points East 2023

gfa

24 minutes ago, shivroy said:

Ah interesting, what other fests does superstruct run then? 

I also wonder if her booking this year was purely because they had to book her again after the 2019 cancellation? So her contract might be different than usual for a headliner. 

Seems unlikely, if they HAD to book her again then it would have been this year surely, she did European fests this summer.

I really doubt thats a thing to be honest, especially 4 years on.

6 hours ago, shivroy said:

Ah interesting, what other fests does superstruct run then? 

I also wonder if her booking this year was purely because they had to book her again after the 2019 cancellation? So her contract might be different than usual for a headliner. 

They own

Victorious, Boardmasters, Tramlines, Truck, South West 4, Kendell Calling, Bluedot in UK

Outside the UK they own

Wacken, Sziget, Sonar, Hideout, Flow, Oya, Elrow, Parookaville, Mysteryland, Thunderdome, Awakenings, Milkshake, Defcon1, DGTL, STRAF_WERK, Pleinvrees, Amsterdam Open Air, The Gardens of Babylon

They probably own a ton more too, they've been buying up festivals non stop past few years

• Like 1

18 hours ago, luckysalt said:

They own

Victorious, Boardmasters, Tramlines, Truck, South West 4, Kendell Calling, Bluedot in UK

Outside the UK they own

Wacken, Sziget, Sonar, Hideout, Flow, Oya, Elrow, Parookaville, Mysteryland, Thunderdome, Awakenings, Milkshake, Defcon1, DGTL, STRAF_WERK, Pleinvrees, Amsterdam Open Air, The Gardens of Babylon

They probably own a ton more too, they've been buying up festivals non stop past few years

Isn't Boardmasters Vision Nine group now, who also own Nass?

1 hour ago, stanh said:

Isn't Boardmasters Vision Nine group now, who also own Nass?

For the past few years, Boardmasters has been produced by Vision Nine but owned by Superstruct. Although it's all becoming a bit more assimilated as Superstruct took a majority stake in Vision Nine (and therefore also NASS) earlier this year.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, incident said:

For the past few years, Boardmasters has been produced by Vision Nine but owned by Superstruct. Although it's all becoming a bit more assimilated as Superstruct took a majority stake in Vision Nine (and therefore also NASS) earlier this year.

Ah sweet! Cheers for that.

2 hours ago, Enkidu said:

I might be wrong but I think in the years where it was in May/June, there were some headliners announced in February. So a headliner being announced in February for an August festival doesn't seem that late at all

All of last years shows were announced on 21st Nov. If we don’t see something tomorrow with 3 weeks lead time to Christmas, I doubt we will see anything before the end of Jan / start of February. 

On 11/29/2022 at 1:12 PM, shivroy said:

image.thumb.png.f2e4dd3a418382e3118c15585fca09fa.png

if she is doing APE i wonder if it'll get announced in the next week or so if or if they'll wait until after these dates happen

I mean the final show of that tour to APE's new August dates is a six month window... I've seen big summer shows go on sale with a smaller window than that. Or at least waiting until after that rescheduled London O2 date.

But we'll see. Maybe they'll wait, maybe they won't.

48 minutes ago, gfa said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/ClyRbPVqQBQ/?hl=en

First names for Electric Picnic

Fred Again headlining sat alongside Capaldi - could he headline Field Day?

Jamie XX and others playing too

Been saying that for a while, pretty sure Field Day will be Fred Again and someone else. Jamie XX / Aphex Twin / Goldie or Four Tet would be the best guesses with other shows around the time. (Aphex is a shot in the dark to be fair). 

1 hour ago, The Crimson King said:

Been saying that for a while, pretty sure Field Day will be Fred Again and someone else. Jamie XX / Aphex Twin / Goldie or Four Tet would be the best guesses with other shows around the time. (Aphex is a shot in the dark to be fair). 

Four Tet is doing 30k at ally pally with that light thing in May - feel like hes not impossible but a bit of a weird pick for APE given the circumstances. Jamie XX solo headlined it recently

They seem to like doing a mix of young / old e.g. how it was like Peggy Gou and Folamour as big names - but then closed with Chems and Kraftwerk. Fred and Aphex would work for that.

19 hours ago, gfa said:

Four Tet is doing 30k at ally pally with that light thing in May - feel like hes not impossible but a bit of a weird pick for APE given the circumstances. Jamie XX solo headlined it recently

They seem to like doing a mix of young / old e.g. how it was like Peggy Gou and Folamour as big names - but then closed with Chems and Kraftwerk. Fred and Aphex would work for that.

Totally agree with you. Only thing I’d say is that the capacity has grown by 15K since Jamie XX headlined last, although it did sell well.

My hope is still Fred Again / Aphex Twin but I think it’s optimistic