Taylor swift

brettredmayne

Have to Admit, i knew the hits then caved in and listened to evermore and folklore and they are two superbly crafted albums. Midnights was also pretty good. 

I have to agree with the above, ultimately the music and lyrics will do the talking upon release. I personally cant wait to give it a listen.

Absolutely. I'll be honest, she's on mostly a hot streak, so I anticipate at least some excellent cuts in there.

The question is whether they are the ones that get pushed. Seems almost predestined the Post Malone collaboration will get some airtime, thanks to its status as the lead-off track.

1 hour ago, brettredmayne said:

She said she had thos album for 2 years so I can't see any thing about matty in that time frame , also she was still with Joe 

Well, either Joe Alywn is an all-timer bad 'un or he's about to get one hell of a character assassination. (An exaggeration on both counts, but also...)

1 hour ago, brettredmayne said:

She said she had thos album for 2 years so I can't see any thing about matty in that time frame , also she was still with Joe 

She wrote “you’re losing me” in 2021 and she was with Joe then too. I think it will be pretty damning 

6 minutes ago, ls2408 said:

She wrote “you’re losing me” in 2021 and she was with Joe then too.

Did that leak as a title a while back? Seem to recall it did so.

8 minutes ago, ls2408 said:

I think it will be pretty damning 

Maybe so, but two to tango and all that jazz.

3 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Did that leak as a title a while back? Seem to recall it did so.

Maybe so, but two to tango and all that jazz.

I don’t think the title leaked. Nobody seemed to have heard of it until she announced it was available on specific physical Midnights CDs that were only able to purchase at her tour merch stands. So technically out since mid 2023. Then she put it on streaming December 2023

To add to my nitpicking of Taylor as a person earlier today, she’s now apparently threatening to sue a student who is tracking her private jet (which is public information, he’s just making it more accessible). Great way to bring attention back on her excessive use of a private jet. 

21 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

To add to my nitpicking of Taylor as a person earlier today, she’s now apparently threatening to sue a student who is tracking her private jet (which is public information, he’s just making it more accessible). Great way to bring attention back on her excessive use of a private jet. 

Have you read the letter? I’m no lawyer but god it’s pathetic. No legal merit at all

30 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Ive been following this story for a bit due to work-related interest overlap to how he is automating it (im a computer/videogame programmer).

Its the same guy who Elon was trying to sue aswell. The guy tracks Elon, Taylor  Kim Kardashian, Bezos and a whole host of celebrity jets; using entirely public data. He just tracks the serial of the private jets (all public if you know where to look) then sets up an automated program that ticks whenever the plane serial is reported at an airport (also all public data). Then he calculates the flight time, carbon emission used etc. One issue he has had is that social media platforms keep kicking the data output off due to reports from Elon, Taylor etc so he has to circumvent by going to Reddit (which is even clamping down a bit) or his own website (not as much traction).

He also had backlash from swifties as originally he made it to highlight how many pointless private jet flights these people take and the carbon emissions created; but swifties started using it to try to go to airports and see Taylor. One flight of her jet she wasn't on so they were disappointed then retaliation flood-reported his social media accounts taking them down by sheer number of reports. 😄

Edited by FrogLobster

On 2/5/2024 at 11:50 AM, fraybentos1 said:

all good shouts to skip.

Midnights imo is one of her weakest albums so would not be sad to see it trimmed.

I cannot believe is releasing another album during one of the biggest world tours ever, she is mad.

And the day before Record Store Day as well. Well that's buggered again for the second year running. 

I was queuing for 4 hours last year, and a shocking number of people were there just for the Swift album!

14 hours ago, FrogLobster said:

Can't wait for TS13: 'Touchdown Heartbreak'

With singles such as 'Gridiron Tears', 'Crying At The End (Zone)', and 'I Hate You (When You Make A Pass)'.

Remember memes like this doing the rounds. So many football ones.

13 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

Not exactly sportsmanlike behaviour.

12 hours ago, FrogLobster said:

One flight of her jet she wasn't on so they were disappointed then retaliation flood-reported his social media accounts taking them down by sheer number of reports. 😄

Fandom remains a baffling prospect to me.

If the surprise song rules remain the same now she’s reset (no repeats unless she messes up) then we can count out Holy Ground. She also just did Dear Reader for the first time, but seemed to make a few mistakes with lyrics

13 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Speaking of fandom that's taken too far and a lead singer who shares 99% of his DNA with a Rattus Rattus

Do these people just f**king stink by the time they get inside the venues? Also, where do you put all your tents etc once in? Does somebody come get them from you or is the venue happy to keep them aside for you? So many questions, mostly coming down to ‘…but why?!’

Edited by FloopFiller

Suspect there are parents helping out and if you're with a pal you can rota on ablution breaks.

Plus I dunno if the average Glastonbury attendee can comment on cleanliness at a gig - and we see folk queuing overnight in often sh*tty weather just to get a sweet camping spot.

Folk even spend all day on the barrier armed with apples and chewing gum to get close to.....it says here.....Thom Yorke.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

Do these people just f**king stink by the time they get inside the venues? Also, where do you put all your tents etc once in? Does somebody come get them from you or is the venue happy to keep them aside for you? So many questions, mostly coming down to ‘…but why?!’

Apparently you get your number and wrist band on the morning of the gig and then you can go wash and nap and come back for doors.

Still mental though!

7 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Not a legal expert but this seems like a rare own goal for Swift. It's just going to draw attention to the data if anything and makes her look bad on multiple fronts, bullying small guy, wrecking the planet etc.

20 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Not a legal expert but this seems like a rare own goal for Swift. It's just going to draw attention to the data if anything and makes her look bad on multiple fronts, bullying small guy, wrecking the planet etc.

Her ‘America’s sweetheart’ mask is slowly slipping I feel, due to both the sheer overexposure and little slip ups here and there. Obviously won’t matter in the grand scheme of things, but feel like people are starting to turn on her a little in some corners (and I’m not talking about dumbass right wing Americans hating on her because she told people to vote).