Taylor swift

brettredmayne

3 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Lover is fine if a bit soppy, You Need To Calm Down slaps when you play it at 1.25x speed and ignore the classist tropes in the video, and The Man is cute enough once you get over its idea of feminism sounding like it was pulled from a Tumblr post made in 2013. Me however is irredeemably cringe, right down to the title feeling the need to patronisingly specify it features “Brendon Urie from Panic at the Disco” as opposed to all those other Brendon Uries we might have accidentally thought it was otherwise.  No coincidence that’s one of the few singles from Red onwards that didn’t make the Eras setlist. 

As I say though, aomits every other song on the album bangs so no harm done. 

This just seems petty. Most tracks are ladled like this and it really has nothing to do with quality of the song. Like it or not. 

49 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

This just seems petty. Most tracks are ladled like this and it really has nothing to do with quality of the song. Like it or not. 

Eh I’ve never seen another song labelled like that, it’s usually either ‘feat [band name]’ or ‘feat [singer’s name]’. It usually wouldn’t bother me but it just contributed to the sense that song was aimed at children. 

16 hours ago, thatTFBguy said:

Taylor Swift had a "cool image" and was accepted by the "cool music crowd" pre folklore? That's very much news to me and was not my experience of the Fearless/Speak Now/Red/1989 eras! 

Not to toot the horn of this forum too much, but there was certainly a lot of praise for Red and excitement for 1989 on its release around these parts from people who had a keen ear for good music. Folklore went one further and gave even the snarkiest music fan a chance to finally admit that she could write a good song, even if they did have to note Aaron’s presence as the main factor, but real ones knew she was legit long before that.

Hey everyone, first time here, I have the unique access code for Warsaw for August 1, 2 and 3, 2024. As i wont use it because my girlfriend managed to get tickets, I would like to gift it to anyone who will want to go but didnt manage to get tickets yet. There are still tickets left for all 3 days for multiple sectors standing or sitting, starting around 110 euros per ticket. I wont sell the code for money, as it seems greedy for me. First to reply with an interest in code will get it. Thank you. 🙂 

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Not to toot the horn of this forum too much, but there was certainly a lot of praise for Red and excitement for 1989 on its release around these parts from people who had a keen ear for good music. Folklore went one further and gave even the snarkiest music fan a chance to finally admit that she could write a good song, even if they did have to note Aaron’s presence as the main factor, but real ones knew she was legit long before that.

1989 was when I hopped aboard the T-Train.

1 hour ago, Ivan254 said:

Hey everyone, first time here, I have the unique access code for Warsaw for August 1, 2 and 3, 2024. As i wont use it because my girlfriend managed to get tickets, I would like to gift it to anyone who will want to go but didnt manage to get tickets yet. There are still tickets left for all 3 days for multiple sectors standing or sitting, starting around 110 euros per ticket. I wont sell the code for money, as it seems greedy for me. First to reply with an interest in code will get it. Thank you. 🙂 

Isn’t the code linked to your email? You’d have to give the code and your email

8 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Not to toot the horn of this forum too much, but there was certainly a lot of praise for Red and excitement for 1989 on its release around these parts from people who had a keen ear for good music.

It was literally me and you and no one else on here who liked her in the Red era lmao. I remember you bringing up that she was in the area of Glastonbury on the Red tour. The only other people who gave a sh*t were the ones who were giving it the "teenage girl shite! I am very intelligent". Then even in the 1989 era there were a load of people who liked her but still a constant stream of real music uncles barging into the thread to be like "oi u just like her coz she's fit". And then a few of them got won over when prolific sex abuser and real haircut haver Ryan Adams had the manners to fix her album for her without even having to be asked.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

The Man is cute enough once you get over its idea of feminism sounding like it was pulled from a Tumblr post made in 2013.

🙄 she's talking very specifically about the undeniable sexist double standards of how the press speak about her, it's not like she tries to pretend this is the full extent of sexism in the world or minimises anyone else's experiences. She's completely allowed to do this. The Man is a good song and a good video. She was real for that one.

1 hour ago, Amy Lawn said:

🙄 she's talking very specifically about the undeniable sexist double standards of how the press speak about her, it's not like she tries to pretend this is the full extent of sexism in the world or minimises anyone else's experiences. She's completely allowed to do this. The Man is a good song and a good video. She was real for that one.

Okay ❤️ it’s a bop regardless so who cares 

1 hour ago, Neil said:

i'm fed up hearing about how rishi is a swifty.

think apout that one folks you share musical tastes with a tory prime minister.:P 

I once saw David Cameron at kokoclub watching thom yorke and Jonny greenwood , he just said he liked them in a sad attempt to be cool and relevant 

I think a fair few people sided with Kanye when they had their spat… and it’s taken those people a while to be won over by her.

Friends of mine who just don’t get her can’t move beyond her speak now / red era. They can’t get onboard with her growth.

On 8/5/2023 at 12:47 PM, Ivan254 said:

Just a heads up, the code is used now.

I’m really believing those 1989 announcement theories for Wednesday. She posted her 4th July pics with Polaroids, the light up bracelets in LA kept randomly lighting up blue (before Speak Now announcement they kept going purple) and CRUCIALLY the date is 8/9 in America, and California is her 19th state of the tour. 19…8/9

8 minutes ago, ls2408 said:

I’m really believing those 1989 announcement theories for Wednesday. She posted her 4th July pics with Polaroids, the light up bracelets in LA kept randomly lighting up blue (before Speak Now announcement they kept going purple) and CRUCIALLY the date is 8/9 in America, and California is her 19th state of the tour. 19…8/9

How long between announcement and release were the previous re-recordings? Only been a month since Speak Now so seems a bit soon to me, but then I don’t remember the timescale for the previous releases. 

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

How long between announcement and release were the previous re-recordings? Only been a month since Speak Now so seems a bit soon to me, but then I don’t remember the timescale for the previous releases. 

Fearless announcement: Feb 11 2021

Fearless release: April 9 2021

Red announcement: June 18 2021

Red release: November 12 2021

Speak Now announcement: May 5 2023

Speak Now release: July 7 2023

not a huge pattern but the big theory is it will be released on October 13th so keeps with Speak Now and Fearless being announced two months in advance 

11 hours ago, ls2408 said:

Fearless announcement: Feb 11 2021

Fearless release: April 9 2021

Red announcement: June 18 2021

Red release: November 12 2021

Speak Now announcement: May 5 2023

Speak Now release: July 7 2023

not a huge pattern but the big theory is it will be released on October 13th so keeps with Speak Now and Fearless being announced two months in advance 

Records take time to press.

Edited by Suprefan

31 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Records take time to press.

Not sure on the point here? I know they take time to press, but considering the theory is announcement this week then release in October - that’s the same timeline two of her previous rerecords had