Taylor swift

brettredmayne

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Hmmmm - so not a like-for-like of 2020.....

Why would it be? She’s not toured for years and she can easily sell out multiple nights at stadiums up and down the country. Why limit to BST shows? She can make more money.

Thought you all might appreciate this - missus and I have just decided on Holy Ground for the first dance at our wedding next year 😀 We got engaged in NYC and it's a song that always reminds us of that holiday, even though it's actually quite a sad tune...We're getting married the weekend before Glastonbury so it all feels quite appropriate! Although we're still not sure if we can actually do G with all the wedding expenses etc...might be a bit brutal if we can't afford it and Taylor headlines days after we have Holy Ground at the wedding 🤣

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

Thought you all might appreciate this - missus and I have just decided on Holy Ground for the first dance at our wedding next year 😀 We got engaged in NYC and it's a song that always reminds us of that holiday, even though it's actually quite a sad tune...We're getting married the weekend before Glastonbury so it all feels quite appropriate! Although we're still not sure if we can actually do G with all the wedding expenses etc...might be a bit brutal if we can't afford it and Taylor headlines days after we have Holy Ground at the wedding 🤣

Forget the wedding presents get people to pay into a Glastonbury fund instead 

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Forget the wedding presents get people to pay into a Glastonbury fund instead 

Ha, well to be honest we'll be asking for Honeymoon donations. It's just whether or not Glastonbury ends up being the Honeymoon 😂 We're incredibly torn on what to do particularly now given how expensive everything is, and while we're fortunate to be fairly comfortable, we can't afford to do everything. Not that I'm remotely complaining, just being able to pay our energy bills without worrying this winter makes me thankful enough!

• Like 1

I just think the demand for her to do a proper stadium tour is probably the highest it’s ever been (or maybe ever will be). Can see BST biting the dust if it’s something like three nights at Wembley instead. Glastonbury isn’t part of that narrative.

Edited by Matt42

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I just think the demand for her to do a proper stadium tour is probably the highest it’s ever been (or maybe ever will be). Can see BST biting the dust if it’s something like three nights at Wembley instead. Glastonbury isn’t part of that narrative.

Damn you Matt stop putting my hopes down

1 minute ago, Enkidu said:

Damn you Matt stop putting my hopes down

Sorry what I mean is whatever she does (Wembley or BST) I don’t think it means anything to Glastonbury.

Emily has said if she’s touring she’s playing. If she’s touring, I feel pretty good about her playing. BST or not.

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Sorry what I mean is whatever she does (Wembley or BST) I don’t think it means anything to Glastonbury.

Emily has said if she’s touring she’s playing. If she’s touring, I feel pretty good about her playing. BST or not.

Ah sorry, I misunderstood your post. Do wonder if she'll have any other  european festival dates if she does Glasto or if it'll be the only one

32 minutes ago, jparx said:

I love this choice! So far the only Taylor in my wedding music plans is "This Love" in the lead-up to the ceremony as people are getting seated, and "Love Story" at some point in the dancing-the-night-away portion.

Fingers crossed you can get it all worked out to be at Glasto for Taylor's headlining night 🥰

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, jparx said:

I don't have any reactions left today but I like this. 

4 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

I love this choice! So far the only Taylor in my wedding music plans is "This Love" in the lead-up to the ceremony as people are getting seated, and "Love Story" at some point in the dancing-the-night-away portion.

Fingers crossed you can get it all worked out to be at Glasto for Taylor's headlining night 🥰

Thank you 🙂 This Love is a great choice! 

Just now, GeezLouise said:

Agreed and the Taylor's Version of it is just so amazing. or are you being fancy and having an orchestral version? 

It's going to be Taylor's Version - pumped right through the speakers into the ceremony 🙂 I've been imagining getting married for 20+ years and the music in mind are the actual versions I know and love, no violin interpretations, thank you! (Though they are very pretty!)

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Riggins said:

If she did a tour I'd be hoping for the Dessner crew as supports

Sharon van Etten and King Princess splitting half the dates

Gracie Abrams and/or Girl in Red on first each night 

Perfect

Think Dessner's are unlikely given The National are finishing off an album and will likely tour in 2023.

Just now, Riggins said:

Sorry meant all the similarly style artist he's produced for after he did Folklore! 

My bad! I thought you meant the Dessners on the tour. I think it'd be cool for some of those acts you've listed but my god would it be a big jump for some of them given the size of some of the venues being touted.