Mad Cool 2023

edge235

58 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Muse are out (played this year).

Florence an The Machine are out (played this year).

Depeche Mode are out (Primavera Sound).

RATM probably out.

Arctic Monkeys will be hard to book because of the situation in 2018.

So... I wonder who will show up at Mad Cool next year. 

Don’t know why but I’ve got a feeling RHCP will come back to Europe doing festivals next year so I’ve been predicting them. Imagine QOTSA come back after last year, and Taylor Swift might be a shout after she was supposed to be there in 2020 and there’s strong rumours of her doing a tour.

The rumours that P!nk is going to be about makes me think she’s in the frame. But I hope there’s one or two surprises lined up that we don’t know about. Guns N Roses or Slipknot could be interesting to throw in the mix 

55 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Still confused what this AM situation is? I saw 30 mins of their set and went off to see Young Fathers but can't remember my friends mentioning anything from the gig.

Apologies for the double post, but as far as I’m aware there was nothing particularly wrong with the show itself. If I remember rightly though, MC Management annoyed AM by teasing their appearance and in effect leaking the tour before they were prepared to announce

26 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

Apologies for the double post, but as far as I’m aware there was nothing particularly wrong with the show itself. If I remember rightly though, MC Management annoyed AM by teasing their appearance and in effect leaking the tour before they were prepared to announce

that was the strokes not arctic monkeys

5 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

It was The Strokes for the 2020 line up, it was AM in 2018. They have form for it, if I’m right I think they also annoyed Metallica’s management with the letter game basically revealing that they would be announced before their tour as well. But The Strokes are the only ones who ever actually pulled out of an appearance 

31 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

That was 2/3 of the 2019 headliners.

My mistake. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see the strokes back further down the road, they seemed to be struggling for offers this year, and maybe it was a reality check of their position. 

Looking back at 2019, it looks completely different to the lineup for 2022 over the whole weekend. 

9 hours ago, birchtree29 said:

9 hours ago, 49Lawson said:

It was The Strokes for the 2020 line up, it was AM in 2018. They have form for it, if I’m right I think they also annoyed Metallica’s management with the letter game basically revealing that they would be announced before their tour as well. But The Strokes are the only ones who ever actually pulled out of an appearance 

I seem to recall The Strokes being accidentally announced by another band who Tweeted a version of the poster with their name. Which feels like a more wide-ranging admin issue, but the festival's organisers do seem to be landing something of an unfortunate reputation for misdemeanours.

I saw Arctic Monkeys at Mad Cool 2018 and I'm not sure I was 100% aware of the arguments over them being or not being there until after the festival. But given the frostiness, I would be surprise if they bury the hatchet and turn up this one coming up.

2 hours ago, Mondo-kun said:

Arctic Monkeys are playing Bilbao BBK Live, wonder if it reduces their chances of being at Mad Cool 🧐

The killers and Placebo played both mad cool and bbk this year, imagine the band will be calling the shots. Also, isn't the capacity of bbk on the smaller side of things compared to mad cool? 

1 hour ago, jonnytee1 said:

Am I the only one who finds Arctic Monkeys more recent shows a complete borefest? I quite like the new music but the live shows to me are just boring.  

I saw a post after Reading & Leeds this year asking best, worst, most surprising and most dissapointing acts with a few hundred comments. 90% of people's most dissapointing act must've been Arctic Monkeys. I saw em twice this summer and they're really boring, I left early at Leeds, and they're my fave indie band. 

1 hour ago, jonnytee1 said:

Am I the only one who finds Arctic Monkeys more recent shows a complete borefest? I quite like the new music but the live shows to me are just boring.  

Their show at Pukkelpop this year was one of the most boring show I've seen this Summer. And I think the most boring show of an headliner ever.

2 hours ago, jonnytee1 said:

No, you'll find this sentiment echoed across this entire website and beyond. They'll still pull a ridiculous crowd everywhere they go of course.

For me, I'm glad I finally caught them this year but it was so dull we left early to get a taxi before the queues started, which was a great idea. No interest in seeing them again now.

• Like 1