Green Man 2023

March Hare

1 hour ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Not really, it's a tube that protects wires. Also Wire haven't gigged since Covid and don't have anything listed.

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

A conduit is not a wire but the mechanism to hold the wire like a pipe. So it could be. Other than they haven't toured in years.

OK both good points. Is there a band called Pipes? 

Although I’d like it to be Coby Sey, I think the clue is possibly a bit more cryptic than just the name of the street being the album name.

The coordinates seem specific to the Vivienne Westwood store to me and I think it’s got something to do with that…some sort of punk band like Le Tigre, Mhaol or Petrol Girls…but can’t connect the dots. 

43 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Although I’d like it to be Coby Sey, I think the clue is possibly a bit more cryptic than just the name of the street being the album name.

The coordinates seem specific to the Vivienne Westwood store to me and I think it’s got something to do with that…some sort of punk band like Le Tigre, Mhaol or Petrol Girls…but can’t connect the dots. 

Glen Matlock ‘Supergroup’ doing lust for life in full with Iggy as headliner

14 minutes ago, zico martin said:

is this the least known/ leaked festival line up ever then? roll on the morning and fingers crossed I've heard of at least half a dozen acts over the weekend!

Warmduscher and Squid are confirmed in one way or another, so that's a third of your 6 already!

1 hour ago, SweepingTheNation said:

I wouldn't say it's unlikely, he's collaborated a lot with former Thursday headliner Tirzah. I think you're right.

If he does play then I hope it's in front of a crowd more receptive than Tirzah had, that was totally ruined for me by people stood around chatting throughout. 

3 minutes ago, zico martin said:

true, although I'm sure a lot of people aren't too familiar with them?  

They are both pretty big aren't they? Squid sold out a 700 cap venue in Southampton last year which is pretty much the equivalent of selling out a stadium in London, haha.

One of the clue coordinates goes to the village Beth Orton grew up in. She'd be a decent booking, latest album is great.

First three clues most likely: Lankum, Beth Orton and Warmduscher. 

I like the shout for Gina Birch for the final clue.  Gina is one half of the punk band The Raincoats.  You can see a shop called Macintosh on the street view.  She has a new album out and is touring this summer.  It sort of works both with the Macintosh shop and also the Vivienne Westwood shop, given the Raincoats are a very famous punk band, Vivienne being heavily associated with the punk movement/aesthetic.  Gina also supposedly attended the very first Sex Pistols show - another connection to Vivienne. 

1 minute ago, retromoz said:

I hate these cryptic clues. They make me realise what a dumb arse i am.

In other news, if Orbital play (I think someone mentioned something somewhere on here), I will personally be rather happy. Que up the dad dancing.

I used to love them but most stuff in the last 25 years is just a bit meh. Also they've done a song with Sleaford Mods which is unforgivable in my eyes!

I'd probably still well up and dance like an idiot if they played Belfast, Chime, Lush etc while remembering the times I saw them and the people I was with in the 90's.

36 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

First three clues most likely: Lankum, Beth Orton and Warmduscher. 

I like the shout for Gina Birch for the final clue.  Gina is one half of the punk band The Raincoats.  You can see a shop called Macintosh on the street view.  She has a new album out and is touring this summer.  It sort of works both with the Macintosh shop and also the Vivienne Westwood shop, given the Raincoats are a very famous punk band, Vivienne being heavily associated with the punk movement/aesthetic.  Gina also supposedly attended the very first Sex Pistols show - another connection to Vivienne. 

You might well be right but it won't be as the intersection of Macintosh and Vivienne Westwood. Would be one or the other and definitely Macintosh, not VW - it's a coincidence the VW shop is next door.

It's not as if the clue setters thought, right, let's think of another word for raincoat and then find where in the UK a shop with that name is next to a Vivienne Westwood shop!

ps on Orbital about half of their set these days is their 90s classics, agree the rest is not very good.