Green Man 2023

March Hare

5 hours ago, riverlodge said:

With complete randomness, and with zero inside info, would love to see GM try and get / get back: Bill RJ, SVE, Panic Shack, whatever outfit Ben Kane decides to create, Twilight Sad, King Hannah, Low Cut Connie, Stella D, caroline, Warhaus, Luke la Volpe and L'Objectif.

In realistic mode, feels highly likely we'll get Big Moon (now up to Roundhouse gig size) and (with a x3 date Ally Pally gig run) Four Tet.

I saw L'Objectif a couple of weeks ago, they were ok but I wasn't that fussed. New songs sounded better though. 

Ben from Lazarus Kane is in Vegas Water Taxi.

Panic Shack will surely play. Would happily have Caroline and also Shovel Dance Collective.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Really excited to attend next year after getting tickets on sale day 🥰 Hopes and predictions (MOSTLY HOPES 😂) from me have to be:

Sigur Ros, Sharon Van Etten, Big Thief, alt-J, Hot Chip, Oliver Sim, Beth Orton, Nick Mulvey, Aldous Harding, The Mysterines, The Big Moon, The Beths, Confidence Man, Trampoline, Inhaler, The Hives and Gwenno! 🥰

2 hours ago, WMWMOfficial said:

Really excited to attend next year after getting tickets on sale day 🥰 Hopes and predictions (MOSTLY HOPES 😂) from me have to be:

Sigur Ros, Sharon Van Etten, Big Thief, alt-J, Hot Chip, Oliver Sim, Beth Orton, Nick Mulvey, Aldous Harding, The Mysterines, The Big Moon, The Beths, Confidence Man, Trampoline, Inhaler, The Hives and Gwenno! 🥰

Any of the above would have me grateful for getting my ticket! We already had Michael Kiwanuka by this time last year so hopefully we should get something soon

• Like 1

Saw a band called Memory of Speke who were 3rd on the bill at the Porridge Radio gig last night. They'd go down a storm on Rising.

There's very little of them online but they seem like one of those bands going places. Also have funny social media which helps.

On 10/24/2022 at 2:57 PM, lessthanwill1 said:

Osees added to Canela Party, which makes them more likely to be at GM 23

Very excited by this. Also at that festival are Crack Cloud, and I know they only played GM in 2021 but I saw them last night and they were absolutely incredible so I would love to see them on the line up for next year.

30 minutes ago, benali said:

Very excited by this. Also at that festival are Crack Cloud, and I know they only played GM in 2021 but I saw them last night and they were absolutely incredible so I would love to see them on the line up for next year.

Yep would be good to have them there, although I’m not enamoured with the new album tbh.  Really hoping Les Savy Fav - who are also at Canela Party - are added.  Saw them in 2011 at one of my first ever gigs and still one of the best I’ve ever been at!

27 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

The esteemed @Toilet Duck let slip elsewhere that LCD Soundsystem and Yeah Yeah Yeahs are around in August, so I'm guessing one or both will be at Green Man depending on budget.

LCD might be a little expensive nowadays but YYYs are about the right level.

Can see LCD being at APE and YYYs at Green Man.

Who do we reckon for a British headliner next year then? I'm putting all my eggs in the Yeah Yeah Yeahs basket, could also see Sigur Ros but depends on if they're active end of next summer in Europe but British headliner-wise I'm struggling

Can see your likes of Sorry, Hotel Lux, Gently Tender and Just Mustard taking slots too. 

43 minutes ago, Callum_96 said:

Who do we reckon for a British headliner next year then? I'm putting all my eggs in the Yeah Yeah Yeahs basket, could also see Sigur Ros but depends on if they're active end of next summer in Europe but British headliner-wise I'm struggling

Can see your likes of Sorry, Hotel Lux, Gently Tender and Just Mustard taking slots too. 

They're probably too big and not sure if they're active next year but I think The Smile would have been a good booking for GM.

7 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

They're probably too big and not sure if they're active next year but I think The Smile would have been a good booking for GM.

Nice shout and I don't think they're too big but can't see them being active. Sleaford Mods maybe? Most likely will have a new album next year.

Feel they might go for an electronic artist again but that isn't really my area of expertise. Hot Chip return? Is Roisin Murphy big enough?

1 hour ago, Callum_96 said:

Little Simz ?  I also wouldn't be surprised if it's Self Esteem, however I'm not sure they're big enough.