Coldplay - Why the hate?

Alvoram

2 hours ago, Suprefan said:

U2 enters the chat but they dont wont do that many shows at this point in their career anyway.  Harry Styles is the only one who can or would do that many nights but he hasnt done it yet everywhere. Just started his 15 night residency at MSG and thats 300k just on its own give or take. He couldve played 4 nights at The Meadowlands instead but didnt.

A reformed Oasis could probably sell six plus nights at Wembley.

29 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

A reformed Oasis could probably sell six plus nights at Wembley.

not bec\ause theres that many fans, but because lots of the same people would go to every night.

8 minutes ago, Neil said:

not bec\ause theres that many fans, but because lots of the same people would go to every night.

Let's be honest here, an Oasis reunion be the biggest event in music in this country for decades. I don't even think the likes of Zeppelin or Floyd would generate as much buzz.

28 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Let's be honest here, an Oasis reunion be the biggest event in music in this country for decades.

i don't disagree, but it says a lot about the current state of music

30 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Let's be honest here, an Oasis reunion be the biggest event in music in this country for decades. I don't even think the likes of Zeppelin or Floyd would generate as much buzz.

Same if the spice girls reformed I guess, with all of them. They are of an age where there are more people around that have a connection to them. Give it another 30 years and no one would give a shit

4 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Same if the spice girls reformed I guess, with all of them. They are of an age where there are more people around that have a connection to them. Give it another 30 years and no one would give a shit

Spice Girls played multiple Wembley night a few years ago didn't they?

48 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

You only have to look at when The Stone Roses reformed in 2011 and then played Heaton Park the following summer...the scramble for tickets was insane.

Oasis were/are way more popular than the Stone Roses at their peak.

4 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Oasis were/are way more popular than the Stone Roses at their peak.

difference is, anyone that wanted to see oasis already has done, plenty have seen them that weren't bothered (me, for example).

Just now, Neil said:

difference is, anyone that wanted to see oasis already has done, plenty have seen them that weren't bothered (me, for example).

Not sure I quite agree, Oasis split up 13 years ago, there is a new generation of people who love their music, I went to Liam Gallagher at Knebworth recently and there were lot of people who are a lot younger who perhaps grew up listening to their music but were too young to go and see them live.

4 minutes ago, Neil said:

Absolutely loved oasis and still do, I’m 40 and have never seen them.  Not everyone was at the same stage of their life to be able to see them when they were about 

21 minutes ago, Neil said:

I don't agree with that, Oasis are still massive with kids who didn't get to see them first time around.

You just have to look at Liam G selling out multiple nights at Knebworth on his own to wonder just how many a fully reformed Oasis could shift.

36 minutes ago, Neil said:

Not even close. A goof chunk of people born in the last 20 years haven't had a proper chance to see them. LG alone sold out 2 nights at Knebworth cause people under 30 are choking to see Oasis tunes.

12 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Not even close. A goof chunk of people born in the last 20 years haven't had a proper chance to see them. LG alone sold out 2 nights at Knebworth cause people under 30 are choking to see Oasis tunes.

anyone who's keen to see them will have taken up one of the many opportunities there's been to see them over the years.

12 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

A pretty good barometer of the demand to see a non-touring/split/dead band has to be the number and popularity of tribute bands. In the case of Oasis, very popular indeed. Their influence over British music is still there (though I struggle to see anything beyond the first two albums that is worthy of attention). And let's be honest a "reformed" Oasis only has to have Noel and Liam no one cares about the other guys. 

2 minutes ago, Diamond24 said:

How would an Oasis fan aged between 16 - 25 have had an opportunity to see Oasis?

i'm on about the older/traditional oasis fans? i don't think youngsters do music fandom in  anything like the same way.

4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

How much we talking for those Manchester dates roughly? Promised my mum I’d take her if they toured again and alas, they’ve only gone and bloody announced dates a couple of days later so no backing out now.

Ticket prices are yet to be revealed for the new dates, but their recent Wembley Stadium shows were priced at £55, £70, £85, £120 for seated and £85 for standing, plus booking fees.

I also expect to see another couple of dates added to the Manchester shows (a Saturday/Sunday show. so might hold for half an hour when they go on sale)

38 minutes ago, Neil said:

i'm on about the older/traditional oasis fans? i don't think youngsters do music fandom in  anything like the same way.

A lot of my friends were into Oasis the first time round and if they were to reunite I think they would go and see them at Wembley or wherever.

1 hour ago, Rumblestripe said:

And let's be honest a "reformed" Oasis only has to have Noel and Liam no one cares about the other guys. 

A fair question would be which version of Oasis:

Definitely Maybe: Noel, Liam, Bonehead, Guigsy, McCarroll

Morning Glory/Be Here Now: Noel, Liam, Bonehead, Guigsy, Alan White

SOTSOG onwards: Noel, Liam, Gem, Andy Bell, whichever drummer they can find

(Seriously I've lost track of how many people I've seen drum for Oasis)