Sziget 2023

#1SzigetFan

37 minutes ago, Archi said:

The Chainsmokers just confirmed on Instagram they'll be in Europe this Summer! They could be the EDM headliner, right?

They were at Sziget in 2017, but you can expect any EDM DJ to be at least one of the headliners, so they have a chance, yeah.

Edited by #1SzigetFan

8 minutes ago, Sziget2023_Leaks said:

Negative

Appreciate your direct response to acts who aren't going to be there @Sziget2023_Leaks but any chance we can go into the weekend with a couple of clues on acts who will be there? Go on, Christmas is a time for giving....;-)

Edited by swelsbyuk

11 minutes ago, dyma7 said:

I can't see Alan Walker headlining any big festival, especially Sziget.

My bet is on David Guetta/Martin Garrix. Hoping for Sweidsh House Mafia but that may be a risky booking, considering they cancel a lot of their shows.

I think it will be one of these that will headline. All are floating about and SHM are doing Cremefeilds . Calvin was huge and one off the best nights. I would be surprised if no DJ is headlining but if not I hope they have a few decent ones in the tents as Alan Walker must have had 20,000 or there about 🙂 .

On 11/17/2022 at 9:30 PM, Davidoff said:

Where are you getting Green Day from? I can't see any tours but I maybe missing something. Billie looks a stick on. Guetta or Swedish House Mafia is a shout. I would love it to be Blur . 

Throw in the 3/10 from leaks and I think you can add Sam and Nothimg But Thiefs with the Amsterdam song. 

Strokes Florence and foals playing in Spain about the same time and I think they all could be in with a shout 

I think - as I'm scrolling back - Green Day came up after the (not so credible..?) Reading+Leeds rumours.

And even if they do play at Reading+Leeds that's not a guarantee in their case, the last time they played there they didn't come to Sziget.

They could be an interesting name as it's pretty likely that they are going to release a new record very soon, but there's about 0 information out there about their 2023 tour it's almost impossible to make predictions. 

The last time they played at Sziget was in 1998 after the release of Nimrod.

So instead, what about Paramore?
New record next year, headliners wherever they go, could be at least a sub, their last US gig is at 2nd Aug, afterwards they're expected to come to Europe. 

Or even Harry Styles?
He's huge, could be a great follow-up to Justin Bieber, except I believe he's less rejected by casual listeners. Plays in Italy on 30th July.

Also, I'm super excited for this years small-ish British names, as that's the scene I'm really into. Beabadoobee, Black Honey, or even Girli were great last year. It's really exciting especially because I only knew Bea out of these kind of artist the last year, and I discovered the others a few weeks before, and they were amazing. Especially Black Honey. So I'd really love to see names like Wet Leg, The Big Moon, Lauran Hibberd, Renforshort, or even non-British acts like Girl in Red or Beach Bunny. Especially Beach Bunny would be great, although they are probably a lot bigger in the US than here, but a great fit for Sziget. But that's just me daydreaming.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, kristofm said:

I think - as I'm scrolling back - Green Day came up after the (not so credible..?) Reading+Leeds rumours.

And even if they do play at Reading+Leeds that's not a guarantee in their case, the last time they played there they didn't come to Sziget.

They could be an interesting name as it's pretty likely that they are going to release a new record very soon, but there's about 0 information out there about their 2023 tour it's almost impossible to make predictions. 

The last time they played at Sziget was in 1998 after the release of Nimrod.

So instead, what about Paramore?
New record next year, headliners wherever they go, could be at least a sub, their last US gig is at 2nd Aug, afterwards they're expected to come to Europe. 

Or even Harry Styles?
He's huge, could be a great follow-up to Justin Bieber, except I believe he's less rejected by casual listeners. Plays in Italy on 30th July.

Also, I'm super excited for this years small-ish British names, as that's the scene I'm really into. Beabadoobee, Black Honey, or even Girli were great last year. It's really exciting especially because I only knew Bea out of these kind of artist the last year, and I discovered the others a few weeks before, and they were amazing. Especially Black Honey. So I'd really love to see names like Wet Leg, The Big Moon, Lauran Hibberd, Renforshort, or even non-British acts like Girl in Red or Beach Bunny. Especially Beach Bunny would be great, although they are probably a lot bigger in the US than here, but a great fit for Sziget. But that's just me daydreaming.

A friend of mine who was at Sziget last year ranked Black Honey as his favourite act of the whole festival. And he hadnt heard of them prior to turning up at the A38. You can add Self Esteem to that list alongside Wet Leg, be great to have to women-led indie following on from Black Honey in 2023.

Depeche mode and Maneskin are out since they are in Budapest just before Sziget. Muse very likely coming. Coldplay don't do festivals it seems. It's obvious Taylor is not coming but I still expect one big pop diva. Sorry but Billie is not that category. I'm talking Beyonce, Rihanna, Katy Perry... There are indications they will do shows next year. Styles and Springsteen don't have Hungarian dates but both having last European date on tour around 2 weeks before Sziget so don't know how likely is that. Would be awesome but can't see it. Tove Lo should be coming with new album out for sure. Queen is planning last tour with Lambert apparently so would be nice. Sambora hinted he may reunite with Bon Jovi so let's see... 

5 hours ago, Nikky said:

Depeche mode and Maneskin are out since they are in Budapest just before Sziget. Muse very likely coming. Coldplay don't do festivals it seems. It's obvious Taylor is not coming but I still expect one big pop diva. Sorry but Billie is not that category. I'm talking Beyonce, Rihanna, Katy Perry... There are indications they will do shows next year. Styles and Springsteen don't have Hungarian dates but both having last European date on tour around 2 weeks before Sziget so don't know how likely is that. Would be awesome but can't see it. Tove Lo should be coming with new album out for sure. Queen is planning last tour with Lambert apparently so would be nice. Sambora hinted he may reunite with Bon Jovi so let's see... 

What makes you think that Muse will be there? Their last date is also weeks before the festival, like Springsteen and Harry Styles

On 11/19/2022 at 4:24 AM, Nikky said:

None of them are coming

C7ACAB9F-3328-442A-8A03-19AE74C6965D.png.0cc204a377c19e225f32e5010c264de5.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Anyway, I've been thinking about a rock headline act, and there's not THAT much possibilities :

Queens of the stone age / The Strokes / Green Day / Paramore / Fall Out Boy / RHCP / Biffy Clyro / My Chemical Romance / Pearl Jam / The Killers / Panic! at the disco

I'm more looking for the replacement of Foo Fighters (2019) and Arctic Monkeys (2022) , rather than Kings of Leon whos' place might be taken by a band like Blur, Imagine Dragons or Nickelback, a more "popish band" ^^