Boomtown line up

Mich1268

My son spent a fortune on Boomtown. No line announced until now. It looks dreadful compared to value for money at Glastonbury.  Wow. Thankfully going with friends so he will have a good time. Does make me realise the value for money we get from a Glastonbury ticket

11 hours ago, Mich1268 said:

My son spent a fortune on Boomtown. No line announced until now. It looks dreadful compared to value for money at Glastonbury.  Wow. Thankfully going with friends so he will have a good time. Does make me realise the value for money we get from a Glastonbury ticket

Its a pretty standard boomtown lineup bar a big headliner e.g. they had Gorillaz / Prophets of Rage recently. My mates are going and all are quite happy with it, everywhere is bad value vs glastonbury!

42 minutes ago, gfa said:

Its a pretty standard boomtown lineup bar a big headliner e.g. they had Gorillaz / Prophets of Rage recently. My mates are going and all are quite happy with it, everywhere is bad value vs glastonbury!

Thing is they made a big deal that not releasing it till this week would mean they could secure a bigger and better lineup. Which clearly hasn't happened. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Yorkshire Chomper said:

This put on a pretty large selection of events and the stage setups are quite spectacular.  I've been once and that was enough to be honest.  Food selection/quality is poor there so suggest taking own.

Yeah Boomtown more so than any other festival put a lot of effort into it's production value and experience which is where a lot of the money goes and as it's an independent festival that has struggled with two fests in a row being cancelled. 

The line up whilst good desperately needs a couple of notable name headliners though, even if they aren't the size of Gorillaz or Lauryn Hill someone like IDLES or Becky Hill would have done.

I actually found the food selection pretty good there, every morning I got a nice huevos rancheros and my vegan missus was happy with the selection after normally being stuck for options at other fests.

Also why is this thread not in the Boomtown section?

14 hours ago, Mich1268 said:

It's a very different audience to your day time Glastonbury crowd. I actually think it's a really decent line up, better than the SE corner which is what they're competing with really. 

A lot of moaning from everyone, which I'm finding a little frustrating. The event is being condemned before the show even starts which is unfair.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, kingbadger said:

Thing is they made a big deal that not releasing it till this week would mean they could secure a bigger and better lineup. Which clearly hasn't happened. 

Thats true. Thursday-mon tickets are onsale right now for £280+ fees, you would expect a bit more.

i reckon next year with recovered finances that it will be more like usual

On 8/9/2022 at 12:21 PM, Leyrulion said:

It's a very different audience to your day time Glastonbury crowd. I actually think it's a really decent line up, better than the SE corner which is what they're competing with really. 

A lot of moaning from everyone, which I'm finding a little frustrating. The event is being condemned before the show even starts which is unfair.

Fair point