Volunteering 2023

neil93

4 minutes ago, Greenelk said:

Did you need to pay for that @stuie as I can't seem to work out a way to monitor a page post login without a profile (which comes with the paid version)?

No, I didn't pay for it.  From memory, you login to Oxfam and then monitor the add festivals page - the auto refreshing of the page will then keep your Oxfam session signed in. 

• Thanks 1

I used distill too, had it running on my laptop all day and set up an alert to my email account so I didn’t need to be sat at my laptop watching it, I got close a couple of times as places came up then was quick enough one day and got a place (about 4 days before the festival in 2019). 

There are times when it’s more likely, around the last cancellation date etc.. but they do randomly pop up every now and then.  Good luck!

Edited by Pipine
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, March Hare said:

Haven’t seen this posted for a while.  I like seeing shift patterns for the nostalgia 

52558328-9729-4F39-B28B-F30893119570.jpeg

I'm expecting the worse this year. 

Last year I had two 4:45am starts on Weds and Fri and 13:45 on Saturday.

1 minute ago, ProperTea said:

How does it work with going down early? Say if you get down there on the Monday, will they give you earlier shifts or is it just pot luck?

Your arrival time has no bearing on your shifts. It’s all sorted in advance and you are handed a shift sheet when you get wristbanded. 

Edited by March Hare
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ProperTea said:

How does it work with going down early? Say if you get down there on the Monday, will they give you earlier shifts or is it just pot luck?

No - it's pot luck. 

If you want pre festival shifts you can ask to be considered for them on your Oxfam profile. 

Otherwise, the shifts are all set before the festival and when you get there they will be in your welcome pack.

Arriving on the Monday is the norm, you get access to the crew bars and a quieter festival.

4 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

Just had a look back to last years thread, the first spaces for Oxfam came back up 11 days after general application.

That makes sense.  There is a 7 day cooling off period when you can cancel without paying any fees. 

I know a few people, and have seen others mentioned on FB, where only one partner in a couple or only one person in a group of friends was successful yesterday,  so they may opt out early on if they don't think they will pick up more places later.

10 minutes ago, savethatjek said:

Is this a Shelter confirmation? I got Oxfam yesterday so won’t be able to follow through 

I think it’s just a general email

DD59828B-F3DA-4E2A-97A7-7CCA245EF924.png

Doesn't it say further down the email "please don't share this link with anyone else, as we'll be checking those who pay the deposit against our internal list" - which suggests it's not just a general?  That's what I'm hoping anyway

1 minute ago, Greenelk said:

Doesn't it say further down the email "please don't share this link with anyone else, as we'll be checking those who pay the deposit against our internal list" - which suggests it's not just a general?  That's what I'm hoping anyway

Just read below, you’re right. Wish I could give the space to someone that really wanted it 

5 minutes ago, Greenelk said:

I've had that email and haven't done shelter before. Just signed up this year out of interest, so it's a bit of a weird line to put in imo.

1 hour ago, philipsteak said:

Can't believe all the festivals that have filled already for Oxfam. Never seen anything like it. 

People who missed out playing the long game for Glastonbury priority next year maybe?

cost of Tory’s ... the working option becomes more appealing to those that are priced out otherwise 

Edited by Crazyfool01

11 minutes ago, Greenelk said:

I just got this email too. Hoping to get a ticket in the resale, if I do would Shelter refund me?

8 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

Can't believe all the festivals that have filled already for Oxfam. Never seen anything like it. 

People who missed out playing the long game for Glastonbury priority next year maybe?

I'm now starting to panic, if I can't get in to the UK's best festival (Shambala) through my usual route then I'm f*cked. It's already filled and almost certainly sold out.

1 hour ago, savethatjek said:

Is this a Shelter confirmation? I got Oxfam yesterday so won’t be able to follow through 

I think it’s just a general email

DD59828B-F3DA-4E2A-97A7-7CCA245EF924.png

This is an invite for the general sign up as you’ve registered an interest. Priority is 2 days before on 21st, slightly different email:962E6164-30F0-4D5A-8F8C-CF510FFED37B.thumb.jpeg.37f5c10762ffb0ab0387911af8bdf828.jpeg