Pulp to return in 2023

briddj

21 minutes ago, plaskins said:

I'm considering neighborhood. But there are no hotels available, some cheeky ones are asking for like £400+ for two nights 😱

So in theory, and based on the timetables available currently for a month before, there are trains in the Chester direction at 23.30 and 23.58 on Sundays as of the end of April anyway (this is MUCH better than previous years, where the last train was 22.50, meaning a big run to the station and missing the end)

So you could stay in Chester, which is only a half hour train away

This would be the first time since they started the festival that its been possible to do any of this, and is of course subject to change with the festival being bank holiday weekend alongside the general state of the train system. 

Edited by efcfanwirral
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Just anecdotally it feels like there is a lot of buzz around these gigs. Quite a few people I know are interested in going to Finsbury.

Agreed. A lot of my friends are interested in tickets for a few of the dates. I suspect that this tour will sell well. 

8 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

Agreed. A lot of my friends are interested in tickets for a few of the dates. I suspect that this tour will sell well. 

I've gone from thinking I'll probably fly solo to potentially going with three or four other people. I'm expecting the ticket sale to be quite in demand, but whether that will be an initial rush and then they are easier to get later I don't know.

4 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I've gone from thinking I'll probably fly solo to potentially going with three or four other people. I'm expecting the ticket sale to be quite in demand, but whether that will be an initial rush and then they are easier to get later I don't know.

I think because there are a few dates plus festivals, and Finsbury holds about 50k, tickets shouldn't be too difficult to come by.

There's probably scope to add another Finsbury date if demand necessitates.

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I think because there are a few dates plus festivals, and Finsbury holds about 50k, tickets shouldn't be too difficult to come by.

There's probably scope to add another Finsbury date if demand necessitates.

The weekend has Jamie T friday, pulp saturday and likely community sunday. If they wanted to test the water for an extra date i think they'd sell sunday first then do saturday as the extra date. Community is usually a sunday as well

1 minute ago, gfa said:

The weekend has Jamie T friday, pulp saturday and likely community sunday. If they wanted to test the water for an extra date i think they'd sell sunday first then do saturday as the extra date. Community is usually a sunday as well

Ah, didn't realise the Sunday was being held back.

Just checked and it's only four tickets per person too, so larger groups will need to be organised.

26 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Ah, didn't realise the Sunday was being held back.

Just checked and it's only four tickets per person too, so larger groups will need to be organised.

Not necessarily - community has no date yet, i said this and realised community was saturday this year anyway.

I still think if they were doing both potentially, sunday would have been sold first (although sunday at finsbury has a pretty early curfew so maybe thats why not, i know they binned off hillsborough park in sheffield because of early curfew)

5 hours ago, plaskins said:

I'm considering neighborhood. But there are no hotels available, some cheeky ones are asking for like £400+ for two nights 😱

Ah shit man. I don't know what to do. No way am I travelling back to Midlands that night, or missing any part of the gig, but Neighbourhood is definitely my preferred gig/one of a few I can do.

10 minutes ago, ZRO said:

What is a Barclay Card presale? And how to be eligible for it? Same question for the LiveNation or TicketMaster presales? 🙂

Any news about Sheffield presales?

You need to have a Barclaycard credit card, to buy.

Live nation you need to register on the site then go via that site when tickets go on sale, it kicks you out on to ticketmaster

• Thanks 1