Truck Fest 2023 Lineup

Jack01825

18 minutes ago, Jamiecla said:

The lathums, The Reytons, The skinner brothers, Lewis capaldi, vaccines, scouting for girls. Would be a bloody good weekend!! 

Not sure where this list has come from but think the vaccines aren't about next summer

8 hours ago, Jack.194 said:

Surely got to soon?

Edit: hoping for Jamie T, saw him in Birmingham a couple days ago and he was incredible!

His finsbury show is very near and will not sell out unless a crazy support is added, so i'd put chances very low

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Jack01825 said:

Just wanting a announcement haha was out this time last year ! 

It was Monday 29th November last year bud, so nah it wasn't. There were some 'leeks' going around though.

But yeah based on this might be next Monday the 28th November? It is usually the week before Victorious announce. 

I expect a few fests might announce next week. Payday for Xmas ain't it.

1 hour ago, luckysalt said:

It was Monday 29th November last year bud, so nah it wasn't. There were some 'leeks' going around though.

But yeah based on this might be next Monday the 28th November? It is usually the week before Victorious announce. 

I expect a few fests might announce next week. Payday for Xmas ain't it.

They normally start teasing it the week before so I still reckon it’s far too quiet for them to announce (hope I’m wrong obvs)

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, LazyDavid said:

So Truck have announced no line up until "early next year", fits in with a lot of similar sized/owned festivals, can only assume they're having trouble booking people so not too excited for the line up!

They’re struggling to find headliners.  Lots of the usual U.K. based acts for lower down the bills 

• Like 1

On 12/17/2022 at 9:53 AM, LazyDavid said:

So Truck have announced no line up until "early next year", fits in with a lot of similar sized/owned festivals, can only assume they're having trouble booking people so not too excited for the line up!

I wouldn't read too much into it - pre covid it was usually announced Jan/Feb. This year was the exception.

9 hours ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Who are you expecting for the undercard?

Unfortunately no idea but a lot of the bands there seem to play most years; Sundara Karma, Jaws, Cassia, The Big Moon, Vistas etc all seem to turn up most years, along with some others like Sports Team and Crawlers probably being rebooked. The Oxford Symphony Orchestra & Mr Motivator will be back too I'd assume.

Think nowadays you get one legacy dance-ish act like Kelis was this year and one more mainstream pop act like Sigrid, guess you switch those out for anyone who could be applicable; looking around other festival announcements there's Anastacia, Katy B and Mel C all playing Standon Calling the same weekend; Anne Marie, Becky Hill and Gabrielle seem to be around next summer too so one or two of them could turn up?

In The Nest (the more rockish stage) I can see bands like Nova Twins and Bob Vylan being high up there next year

Got a feeling Declan McKenna will get a high slot, seems to be at Tramlines the same weekend so could come along for the Saturday or Sunday.

Headliners are really hard to call this year; Pulp, George Ezra, Courteeners, Paolo Nutini, Bloc Party, The Wombats, The Vaccines are all about that weekend I think. They usually pull one out of the hat though Truck so no idea who else could be in line! Bastille? Royal Blood? Two Door Cinema Club? The list goes on!

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, LazyDavid said:

Unfortunately no idea but a lot of the bands there seem to play most years; Sundara Karma, Jaws, Cassia, The Big Moon, Vistas etc all seem to turn up most years, along with some others like Sports Team and Crawlers probably being rebooked. The Oxford Symphony Orchestra & Mr Motivator will be back too I'd assume.

Think nowadays you get one legacy dance-ish act like Kelis was this year and one more mainstream pop act like Sigrid, guess you switch those out for anyone who could be applicable; looking around other festival announcements there's Anastacia, Katy B and Mel C all playing Standon Calling the same weekend; Anne Marie, Becky Hill and Gabrielle seem to be around next summer too so one or two of them could turn up?

In The Nest (the more rockish stage) I can see bands like Nova Twins and Bob Vylan being high up there next year

Got a feeling Declan McKenna will get a high slot, seems to be at Tramlines the same weekend so could come along for the Saturday or Sunday.

Headliners are really hard to call this year; Pulp, George Ezra, Courteeners, Paolo Nutini, Bloc Party, The Wombats, The Vaccines are all about that weekend I think. They usually pull one out of the hat though Truck so no idea who else could be in line! Bastille? Royal Blood? Two Door Cinema Club? The list goes on!

Think Pulp are all done now to be honest

Prodigy maybe? Feel like out of the superstruct fests prodigy are least likely to do truck though, its arguably the most strictly indie

6 hours ago, gfa said:

Think Pulp are all done now to be honest

Prodigy maybe? Feel like out of the superstruct fests prodigy are least likely to do truck though, its arguably the most strictly indie

Agreed I think Pulp would have had the Truck announcement come earlier if it was them, can't see The Prodigy (but would be great!)

57 minutes ago, LazyDavid said:

Agreed I think Pulp would have had the Truck announcement come earlier if it was them, can't see The Prodigy (but would be great!)

Take your pick from the likes of Jamiraqoui, Jamie T,  Paolo Nutini, Royal Blood, TDCC, Heaton & Abbott, NGHFB, TDCC.  Plenty of them size acts about