Truck Fest 2023 Lineup

Jack01825

Not sure it's their size that may be the issue I think it's more the crowd. Truck seems to have moved away from a nostalgic headliner and seems to be a growing festival too, not sure Suede would get a look in nowadays. Not a slight on Suede at all because I think they're decent, just not sure they're what'll be booked anymore.

Just looking at some of the past headliners, not sure you'd get people like George Ezra & Kodaline here anymore either. It seems they've gone for the more indie rock style more recently. Can see it just growing more and more as the years go by too into a more Y-Not sized affair. At a push you'll get a Paolo Nutini/Lewis Capaldi/Bastille style headliner out of the three but the other two will be more your Royal Blood/Jamie T/Courteeners etc etc.

https://truckfestival.com/line-up/past-line-ups/ - enjoyed looking at these, just shows how it's been changing over time!

34 minutes ago, LazyDavid said:

Not sure it's their size that may be the issue I think it's more the crowd. Truck seems to have moved away from a nostalgic headliner and seems to be a growing festival too, not sure Suede would get a look in nowadays. Not a slight on Suede at all because I think they're decent, just not sure they're what'll be booked anymore.

Just looking at some of the past headliners, not sure you'd get people like George Ezra & Kodaline here anymore either. It seems they've gone for the more indie rock style more recently. Can see it just growing more and more as the years go by too into a more Y-Not sized affair. At a push you'll get a Paolo Nutini/Lewis Capaldi/Bastille style headliner out of the three but the other two will be more your Royal Blood/Jamie T/Courteeners etc etc.

https://truckfestival.com/line-up/past-line-ups/ - enjoyed looking at these, just shows how it's been changing over time!

still hoping wombats will be there! and Amazons as they have just released a new album 

hopefully it stays Indie Rock mainly as that's the main reason I am going for the first time this year!

1 hour ago, Jack01825 said:

still hoping wombats will be there! and Amazons as they have just released a new album 

hopefully it stays Indie Rock mainly as that's the main reason I am going for the first time this year!

Think they're both very possible! Could see The Wombats doing the Thursday early entry one, would sell a lot of them

19 hours ago, Dales said:

I can see what you mean when compared to this years headliners but are BBC really that much bigger then Suede?

I am not sure if booking Sam & Kasabian was a master stroke by the bookings team and they predicted that Sam’s popularity was flying through the roof and that Serge fronted Kasabian would still be a force. Luck or clever booking, much kudos to the Truck bookings team.

i think it will be interesting to see what level the headliners we get for 2023. Including Blossoms, this year looks strong for the festival size. It might be difficult to repeat that level. Anyway, it’s fun trying to work out who might play. If Suede are about then I would expect Truck to be about the right size for them to headline based on older years bookings.

Booked my tickets including Thursday and more then happy to Take Suede on Thursday night if Truck are booking bigger acts for the main festival dates. I just think Sam and Kasabian might look like super strong headliners down the line but would love to be proved wrong. But as I love Suede, I am biased about wanting them to be there and so might not really be judging the size thing very well.

If suede are playing they will be main weekendsurely - early entry is generally aimed at younger people

this year will be near impossible to top

Just now, gfa said:

If suede are playing they will be main weekendsurely - early entry is generally aimed at younger people

Very true, I did not think of that.

1 minute ago, gfa said:

this year will be near impossible to top

Yeah, they done very well with this years bookings.

11 hours ago, jj200 said:

Thursday early entry: the wombats

Friday: supergrass

Saturday: Lewis capidei

Sunday: two door cinema club 

I don't think Supergrass are going to be booked as headliners again - some poor showings this summer. Pretty dull headliners this too!

I have decided what the lineup will be 😃 So hear are my latest predictions.

So you can instantly cross this lot off as I am useless at this.

Thur - The Vaccines/Dodie/Nova Twins

Fri - Suede/Self Esteem/Declan McKenna

Sat - Gerry Cinnamon/James/The Reytons

Sun - Royal Blood/The Wombats/Pale Waves

Surely they will go back and try and get Royal Blood? They could swap out Gerry for Ezra, Capaldi etc as I can see us getting some one like that. Just think Cinnamon is the more interesting choice.

i thought of Fontaines, IDLES, Wet Leg but could not really fit them in without it looking to strong. I cant see Fontaine’s being offered headliner but probably to big to sub. Could see my subs being swapped out for Idles or Wetleg.

14 hours ago, Dales said:

Surely they will go back and try and get Royal Blood? They could swap out Gerry for Ezra, Capaldi etc as I can see us getting some one like that. Just think Cinnamon is the more interesting choice.

i thought of Fontaines, IDLES, Wet Leg but could not really fit them in without it looking to strong. I cant see Fontaine’s being offered headliner but probably to big to sub. Could see my subs being swapped out for Idles or Wetleg.

If this is in order Declan is miles bigger than Self Esteem. If Declan / Wombats can sub, fontaines isn't ridiculous at all imo

17 hours ago, Dales said:

Agreed that Royal Blood will be doing the rounds unless R&L have given them the bump up 

Realistic lineup though

3 hours ago, gfa said:

If this is in order Declan is miles bigger than Self Esteem. If Declan / Wombats can sub, fontaines isn't ridiculous at all imo

Yeah your right, Declan would probably be above her. I just thought if they did get someone like Self Esteem or Holly Humberstone they might get sub otherwise all the the top positions would likely go to white male guitar bands.

if Self Esteem is doing festivals next year, I doubt there are many left that she missed out this year. So I think Truck is likely if they are looking to balance the lineup a little. I know she played lower down at many festivals this year but her popularity is certainly growing.

i think we can cross Royal Blood off, as they are on the Muse tour and have dates in Italy around then. Rome 18th July and  Milan on Sat 22nd.

So far the 22nd July is the last released date for Muse tour but would be a stretch for them to come back and play Sunday. If Muse extend the tour then they are fully out.

On 9/16/2022 at 3:22 PM, foolee said:

I think The Prodigy or The Chemical Brothers would be a great shout for this

Prodigy a good shout, feel like Truck is fairly small vs what chems have been up to recently (its 20k right?)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...