Favourite Festival Foods?

paperboats87

On a tangent from the best/worst food thread, I'm curious if all the stalls were equal in quality what food you would crave the most?

I always want mac & cheese (there were lots of places this year but I didn't actually find a good one, if someone did, please let me know!!), some kind of chips, or a burrito 😄 despite all the other (likely) more delicious options available!

45 minutes ago, paperboats87 said:

On a tangent from the best/worst food thread, I'm curious if all the stalls were equal in quality what food you would crave the most?

I always want mac & cheese (there were lots of places this year but I didn't actually find a good one, if someone did, please let me know!!), some kind of chips, or a burrito 😄 despite all the other (likely) more delicious options available!

Blimey, this is almost as impossible as choosing just one favourite song. 😬 So dependent on mood, vibe, time of day etc…

If I absolutely had to choose though then probably some sort of really good BBQ - beef brisket or pulled pork - maybe in a wrap, with hot sauce & pickles and a few other trimmings.

Probably give you a different answer next week though! 😂

(Regarding mac’n’cheese - was actually pleasantly surprised by the place opposite Wow in Silver Hayes. Got peckish during Avalon Emerson’s set on the Saturday night & they were still open - better than I was expecting.)

54 minutes ago, tjfish said:

It's the toss up between what you want and what would help your body out the most if you catch my drift 🤎

I was really craving pizza but when the waiting time is 45mins - I had to abandon the idea 😞 

Same, they always look so good but I haven't had the patience to wait. I should have gotten one from the pizza place in Silver Hayes on Thursday when it was still quiet!

11 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

Blimey, this is almost as impossible as choosing just one favourite song. 😬 So dependent on mood, vibe, time of day etc…

If I absolutely had to choose though then probably some sort of really good BBQ - beef brisket or pulled pork - maybe in a wrap, with hot sauce & pickles and a few other trimmings.

Probably give you a different answer next week though! 😂

(Regarding mac’n’cheese - was actually pleasantly surprised by the place opposite Wow in Silver Hayes. Got peckish during Avalon Emerson’s set on the Saturday night & they were still open - better than I was expecting.)

My husband is the same with the BBQ foods 🙂 did you find somewhere good for it this year? 

Bayou cajun BBQ surf and turf, still think about this while im making love to me mrs, wow what a scran.

Kens barbie by the other stage of a afternoon for a nice ciabatta.

and any greek Gyro stall. all staples of my glastonbury.

late night buttermilk chicken burger by leftfield is also up there.

13 minutes ago, paperboats87 said:

My husband is the same with the BBQ foods 🙂 did you find somewhere good for it this year? 

The pork belly tacos from Mexican Seoul were pretty good - but not quite top tier BBQ nirvana for me 😂

Best BBQ food stall I know of - not at Glastonbury - is smoke fire flame BBQ local to me in Macclesfield. Absolutely delicious. 

• Thanks 1

Glastonbury favourite type of food very much depends on type of weather. Recent years probably the only food type that gets repeated a lot is ice cream but that's because we've had a few hot ones. 

I usually over the week have poutine, nachos, a curry of some sort, a paneer tikka wrap and a pizza. I try not to repeat food stuff much but this year I did have poutine twice. 

37 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

The pork belly tacos from Mexican Seoul were pretty good - but not quite top tier BBQ nirvana for me 😂

Best BBQ food stall I know of - not at Glastonbury - is smoke fire flame BBQ local to me in Macclesfield. Absolutely delicious. 

Where is this place in Macclesfield you speak of and do they do any veggie options. I'm in Stockport so Macclesfield is not far at all. 

8 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Where is this place in Macclesfield you speak of and do they do any veggie options. I'm in Stockport so Macclesfield is not far at all.

They’re at the Treacle Market last Sunday of every month. 🙂 Plus I think they do some other events & pop-ups etc. They’re on Instagram - @smokefireflamebbq.

I’m not sure about veggie options though, think they’re pretty meat-focused… 

Well worth a visit for the Treacle Market if you’ve not been - it’s one of our favourite things about Macclesfield. Lots of interesting crafts and hand made stalls, live music and a street food section on Castle Street - plenty of alternatives to BBQ! 😉

Edited by jimmillen
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jimmillen said:

They’re at the Treacle Market last Sunday of every month. 🙂 Plus I think they do some other events & pop-ups etc. They’re on Instagram - @smokefireflamebbq.

I’m not sure about veggie options though, think they’re pretty meat-focused… 

Well worth a visit for the Treacle Market if you’ve not been - it’s one of our favourite things about Macclesfield. Lots of interesting crafts and hand made stalls, live music and a street food section on Castle Street - plenty of alternatives to BBQ! 😉

Yep we have been there before but never noticed them. I'm veggie but my husband isn't so places where he can get meat and I can get good veggie options are always good. We've been to Picturedrome a few times. 

1 minute ago, gigpusher said:

Yep we have been there before but never noticed them. I'm veggie but my husband isn't so places where he can get meat and I can get good veggie options are always good. We've been to Picturedrome a few times. 

Picturedrome is great! I occasionally work from there for a few hours if I need a change of scenery. 🙂

There’s a few places I’m keen to visit food wise in Stockport actually - Yellowhammer in particular looks really good for baked things. Need to find an excuse to pop up soon…

1 hour ago, Skip997 said:

How much do people spend on food over the whole five days?

I think this year I spent more than I ever have before. Between my wife and I we probably spent somewhere around £200, which is crazy when you think about it.

I visited the halloumi stands a fair few times this year, as well as the Paella stand. 
There was the "Roast chicken" stall I went to which I was really excited for. From memory the food was amazing but it was a bit of a let down.

EDIT: I've just remembered my favourite food of the entire weekend. I have no idea where she got it from as my wife bought it for me to sober me up (woops 😄) but it was a wrap with Chicken, bacon, haloumi, cheedar, sweet chili, chorizo and mayo. Absolutely unreal. All I know is it was to the left of the pyramid stage on the way to Avalon. Never got another one 😞 

Edited by DareToDibble

1 minute ago, DareToDibble said:

I think this year I spent more than I ever have before. Between my wife and I we probably spent somewhere around £200, which is crazy when you think about it.

That's probably not far off what the whole festival cost me, including fuel to get there. I don't pay for my ticket.

Just now, Skip997 said:

That's probably not far off what the whole festival cost me, including fuel to get there. I don't pay for my ticket.

I might have over estimated that a bit, maybe it was closer to the £150 mark. I went to Coop for food a few times which would have cut down the costs. 

2 hours ago, Skip997 said:

How much do people spend on food over the whole five days?

I spent £49 🤣 my most expensive meal was my kebab which was £14 . I couldn't be bothered wasting my time queuing up and just picked whatever stall was quiet 

21 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

I might have over estimated that a bit, maybe it was closer to the £150 mark. I went to Coop for food a few times which would have cut down the costs. 

We brought snack bars etc. with us, didn't use the co-op or do any of our own cooking. Think we ate from stalls twice per day, most stuff was a tenner. £10x2x2x5 is about £200.

We try to choose carefully, most of the stuff we had I'd be fairly happy to pay £10 for at a street food/tap-room thing etc, but it does add-up, and then you add drinks. Glasto was our summer holiday this year, so we were prepared to cough-up a bit more than usual.

On 7/15/2022 at 10:18 AM, Dazmandingo96 said:

Bayou cajun BBQ surf and turf, still think about this while im making love to me mrs, wow what a scran.

Kens barbie by the other stage of a afternoon for a nice ciabatta.

and any greek Gyro stall. all staples of my glastonbury.

late night buttermilk chicken burger by leftfield is also up there.

Was this the place near West Holts ? If so was the best food I had all festival, absolute top nosh.