Fitness for Glastonbury 2023

gigpusher

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes, though with this miserable wet and windy weather I’m still trying to get into the hills but having to dress like the Michelin man, heavy duty waterproofs over double layers of everything, heavy duty boots, gloves etc.  so yes there is clothing for most conditions but it can be pretty uncomfortable! Climbed over a style a few days ago and nearly landed on a sheep sheltering from the rain. 

I'm still running in my shorts. Anyone would think you were a northern softie 😉😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

I'm still running in my shorts. Anyone would think you were a northern softie 😉😁

Yes it must be tough toiling  round the farm in designer running gear on those awful flat paths and here’s me complaining about scrambling through bogs in the driving rain. And they even have provided a few steps for me to access the hill routes. I’ve definitely become a bit soft😉😊

A982EF71-BEB1-45BA-B709-E8B0159F5C25.thumb.jpeg.76086c19a51ddc095215fbf5dea37c31.jpegSeriously, it’s been monsoon conditions up here since before Xmas, I assume it’s been similar down Pilton way. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

9 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes it must be tough toiling  round the farm in designer running gear on those awful flat paths and here’s me complaining about scrambling through bogs in the driving rain. And they even have provided a few steps for me to access the hill routes. I’ve definitely become a bit soft😉😊

A982EF71-BEB1-45BA-B709-E8B0159F5C25.thumb.jpeg.76086c19a51ddc095215fbf5dea37c31.jpegSeriously, it’s been monsoon conditions up here since before Xmas, I assume it’s been similar down Pilton way. 

It’s a tad moist. It looks like a river running down the hill on Cockmill Lane. And the hill of inconvenience can get a bit slippery. We don’t have nice steps on our hills. Must be the 5 * option.

11 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

It’s a tad moist. It looks like a river running down the hill on Cockmill Lane. And the hill of inconvenience can get a bit slippery. We don’t have nice steps on our hills. Must be the 5 * option.

😊that’s the foothill steps up to a viewpoint,  the real hills start at the top of the steps! Hope it’s not to flooded down  Pilton way, Somerset seems to be getting a Scottish style soaking at the moment 

2 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

The thought of rain falling on that farm even 6 months out still gives me the heebie-jeebies.

22 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

This looks lush 

• Thanks 1

Got on the scale this morning and no change in weight in the past couple of weeks. BUT with the running I did I feel leaner/tighter, some of the muscles that were hurting at first don't hurt anymore and my resting heart rate has progressively gone down. This tells me I've been building good muscle and fitness overall.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, moogster said:

Got on the scale this morning and no change in weight in the past couple of weeks. BUT with the running I did I feel leaner/tighter, some of the muscles that were hurting at first don't hurt anymore and my resting heart rate has progressively gone down. This tells me I've been building good muscle and fitness overall.

Well done. If you feel fitter that’s the goal. I managed 15,683 steps yesterday and even sneaked just over 10k steps on Friday after my bad start. Also been doing very well at not snacking much and just sticking to my meals. Getting most of my meals from Gousto and have been trying to stick to mostly vegan meals where I can. My husband is a bill fussy with some vegetables and we both hate peanut butter so some are ruled out for us. 

12 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Well done. If you feel fitter that’s the goal. I managed 15,683 steps yesterday and even sneaked just over 10k steps on Friday after my bad start. Also been doing very well at not snacking much and just sticking to my meals. Getting most of my meals from Gousto and have been trying to stick to mostly vegan meals where I can. My husband is a bill fussy with some vegetables and we both hate peanut butter so some are ruled out for us. 

Peanut butter is the devil's work.

• Like 1