Rock Werchter 2023

BenG92

16 minutes ago, Archi said:

I guess we'll have some strong names in this package. I mean band to play before the 2 main on Main Stage or Barn headliners. Answer in 15 minutes or 1h15.

Barn headliners:

Thursday: ?

Friday: Editors

Saturday: Fred Again

Sunday: Christine and the Queens (according to a hint by a festileaks insider - the only one that seems to actually know things this year and willing to share)

For Thursday I am hoping for The Smile (could easily be at the Main too) although I'm not sure they'll even tour next summer at this point.

2 minutes ago, Floyd_Ams said:

Barn headliners:

Thursday: ?

Friday: Editors

Saturday: Fred Again

Sunday: Christine and the Queens (according to a hint by a festileaks insider - the only one that seems to actually know things this year and willing to share)

For Thursday I am hoping for The Smile (could easily be at the Main too) although I'm not sure they'll even tour next summer at this point.

apparently the smile are going full speed ahead for album number 2 so they could be about next summer.

2 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

apparently the smile are going full speed ahead for album number 2 so they could be about next summer.

True! Question is: Will they be on time before all high spots are filled in (not that they'd care much)? Hopefully yes, but I'm not expecting to see them in today's package. Crossing my fingers for the next one...

1 minute ago, Floyd_Ams said:

True! Question is: Will they be on time before all high spots are filled in (not that they'd care much)? Hopefully yes, but I'm not expecting to see them in today's package. Crossing my fingers for the next one...

Hopefully they behave like Radiohead used to do i.e. to record an album and then take a break in order to road test the material. Regardless, I would be extremely happy if they were announced since it´s the best live act I´ve seen in years. 

• Upvote 1

Newly announced for Thursday, 29 June are Aurora, Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats, The 1975 and Sam Fender. Cavetown, The HU, slowthai, The Interrupters, Wadruna, Tamino and The Black Keys will be on stage on Friday, 30 June. Newcomers for 1 July are Adekunle Gold, Dean Lewis, Sigur Rós, Xavier Rudd, Paolo Nutini and Machine Gun Kelly. Adding to the list for 2 July are Lovejoy, Pip Millett, Amenra, Puscifer, Gabriels, Jacob Collier and The Lumineers.

• Thanks 1

Well, that's quite annoying 😄 Had managed to convince myself a batch of names was definitely coming today.

Hopefully this week, would quite like to see The Black Keys announced from the list of who's around, not sure where they'd slot in at Werchter, big enough for a co-head? They're playing the same day as RHCP at NOS...

1 minute ago, Nicklord said:

Newly announced for Thursday, 29 June are Aurora, Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats, The 1975 and Sam Fender. Cavetown, The HU, slowthai, The Interrupters, Wadruna, Tamino and The Black Keys will be on stage on Friday, 30 June. Newcomers for 1 July are Adekunle Gold, Dean Lewis, Sigur Rós, Xavier Rudd, Paolo Nutini and Machine Gun Kelly. Adding to the list for 2 July are Lovejoy, Pip Millett, Amenra, Puscifer, Gabriels, Jacob Collier and The Lumineers.

Never mind hahahahaha

A very solid batch of names for me, I take it from this we've probably got all the head/subs apart from Thursday?

Definitely puts RW on the radar, and compared to 2022 isn't even half the final poster.

Thursday 5/21

Friday 9/22

Saturday 9/22

Sunday 9/25

1 minute ago, AAlex said:

A very solid batch of names for me, I take it from this we've probably got all the head/subs apart from Thursday?

Haven’t we been confirmed that we’re missing a Friday headliner too? Thursday is tricky to work out, Fender was meant to be on at tea time in the Barn this year, and yet he currently looks like the second biggest name on his day this year?

2 minutes ago, SweetJesus said:

20E08565-9182-446B-8D62-7C92123C6598.jpeg

Some good addtions but weirdly male heavy, isn't it? I see two female acts out of 31 and both on the bottom line of their day, did I miss one?...I mean there are a lot of options around the week before and/or after (Lizzo, Tash Sultana, Angel Olsen, Rina Sawayama, 070 Shake, Christine and the Queens, Japanese Brekfast, Tove Lo...)

Just now, 49Lawson said:

Haven’t we been confirmed that we’re missing a Friday headliner too? Thursday is tricky to work out, Fender was meant to be on at tea time in the Barn this year, and yet he currently looks like the second biggest name on his day this year?

I really don't know, I'd happily take another name but with Black Keys coheadlining most other places they're at and Editors being former headliners (still hard for me to get my head around that) I assumed they were the lot?

Seem to have moved away from the double headliner structure on the poster which makes it harder to work out, I'd expect to see QOTSA along side Arctics if they were doing that, like they were with Gorillaz in 2018.

THURSDAY

Stromae / ??? / Sam Fender

Barn : ???

Klub C : The 1975

FRIDAY

RHCP / ??? / The Black Keys

Barn : Editors / Tamino

Klub C : Slowthai

SATURDAY

Muse / OATW / MGK

Barn : Fred Again / Paolo Nutini

Klub C : Sigur Ros

SUNDAY

Arctics / QOTSA / ??? 

Barn : ???

Klub C : Jacob Collier

What do we think?

5 minutes ago, MrTobs said:

Some good addtions but weirdly male heavy, isn't it? I see two female acts out of 31 and both on the bottom line of their day, did I miss one?...I mean there are a lot of options around the week before and/or after (Lizzo, Tash Sultana, Angel Olsen, Rina Sawayama, 070 Shake, Christine and the Queens, Japanese Brekfast, Tove Lo...)

Puscifer, The Lumineers, The Interrupters and Wardruna all have female band members 

• Upvote 1