Rock Werchter 2023

BenG92

Bands that I'm hoping for and are touring ...

Depeche Mode (not likely, I know!)
Volbeat (playing Gothenburg in June)
Tenaciouos D (playing their own show in Belgium and tickets still available, so very unlikely)
Placebo 
Steel Panther (new album and played GMM this year)
The Hives
Blur
Liam Gallagher
Puscifer
The Prodigy (any good without Keith?)
Wolfmother
Evanescence
NOFX
Jinjer (GMM bound?)
Witch ever hard rock/metal band that's out there and available and doesn't suck 😆🤘

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Dietediet said:

They just added that the package will contain over 30 names.

But one of their comments also implies that we shouldn't have too high hopes about the quality of the lineup...

It sounded like he was saying the package of names is going to contain a lot of expected names, repeat bookings. But followed it up with "it will be ok, there will be something for everyone". 

Curious! 

14 hours ago, lighthouse said:

That would be a dream cone true but after getting RHCP 2 years in a row and Editors I am losing confidence in RW showing even the slightest interest in booking somthing progressive... 

Kendrick Lamar was easily the bet indoor show Ive seen this year though. It would be aazing for RW to be able to present this. 

I would honestly rather have Editors and RHCP

• Like 3

When people say progression and then they say they want Depeche Mode or Blur - both are way more nostalgia based than RHCP or Editors. Especially Blur, they're literally touring only on nostalgia. 

And that doesn't mean I wouldn't enjoy both of them. Actually after the tour of Depeche Mode got announced I got Prague tickets as I figured they won't play Werchter

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

When people say progression and then they say they want Depeche Mode or Blur - both are way more nostalgia based than RHCP or Editors. Especially Blur, they're literally touring only on nostalgia. 

And that doesn't mean I wouldn't enjoy both of them. Actually after the tour of Depeche Mode got announced I got Prague tickets as I figured they won't play Werchter

I think its because dm haven't played since 2013. Rhcp have played twice since then 

8 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

At my peril, I’m more optimistic now. The only time I think I’ve ever known Werchter to tease/hype an announcement was The Strokes in 2020 and Radiohead in 2016 (for 2017)

Suggests we might get something big…

They 'll be announcing a big group of names today. 30+. So I don't expect something big but I am hoping for something nice ;)

14 minutes ago, Floyd_Ams said:

They 'll be announcing a big group of names today. 30+. So I don't expect something big but I am hoping for something nice 😉

Something nice would be alright by me! Time will tell, but they must be confident it will deliver it they’re teasing it though… 

Edited by 49Lawson

41 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

Something nice would be alright by me! Time will tell, but they must be confident it will deliver it they’re teasing it though… 

I'm expecting the name drop to be solid, but predictable and underwhelming - very curious