Rock Werchter 2023

BenG92

19 hours ago, lighthouse said:

Lets not please. 

What else was/is on the table right now?

Probably some rock bands at rock werchter mate like every single year I doubt you'll like it. You seen Kendrick in the last six years yet or can it only be at Rock Werchter?

Edited by Aech2ElectricBoogaloo

4 hours ago, Aech2ElectricBoogaloo said:

Probably some rock bands at rock werchter mate like every single year I doubt you'll like it. You seen Kendrick in the last six years yet or can it only be at Rock Werchter?

Seen him at Sportpaleis. Amazing show, really hope RW can present a show like that for once. 

Blur would be a dream headliner too and one of those few bands that are very high on my wishlist. The raving stories about their last show at RW 10 years ago are making me jealous. Sadly outside that Wembley gig in july, rumours are sparse. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Floyd_Ams said:

I don't know how to interpret this. It says "their only UK performance" which could mean that there will be more performances outside UK or that it will be their only performance overall for '23...

image.png

Their "only UK performance in 2023" definitely means there will be other performances in 2023. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Floyd_Ams said:

I don't know how to interpret this. It says "their only UK performance" which could mean that there will be more performances outside UK or that it will be their only performance overall for '23...

image.png

I think it‘s pretty straight forward. If this would be their only performance of 2023 they would make sure to put that info EVERYWHERE. So yeah, performances outside the UK are very likely.

14 minutes ago, Floyd_Ams said:

I would have considered it straight forward if the announcement wasn't from Live Nation UK which is concerned only with shows in the UK. So I'm not sure. Anyway, there is hope so fingers crossed for RW!

This indeed. It's not like Live Nation BE is giving updates about Dutch or German shows.

The "UK exclusive" is really just warning UK people to not get their hopes up about shows in ie Manchester or Glasgow.

On 11/12/2022 at 3:00 PM, Aech2ElectricBoogaloo said:

Harsh.

Saw Kendrick yesterday in Dublin. I had fun and he puts up a hell of a "show", but the music itself is left neglected. If this set is to reach RWs mainstage it's gonna be the biggest consensus disappointment since AM at RW18 (and until AM at RW22, I guess).

Festival goers won't stand for the one-minute-long treatment of his greatest hits (seriously whats up with that) and the massive use of playback

Edited by Ohad

6 hours ago, Ohad said:

Harsh.

Saw Kendrick yesterday in Dublin. I had fun and he puts up a hell of a "show", but the music itself is left neglected. If this set is to reach RWs mainstage it's gonna be the biggest consensus disappointment since AM at RW18 (and until AM at RW22, I guess).

Festival goers won't stand for the one-minute-long treatment of his greatest hits (seriously whats up with that) and the massive use of playback

Kendrick is on fire on his latest tour though. Can’t imagine it going down badly if the does the same set he did at Glasto.

Just now, 49Lawson said:

Am I right in thinking Main Square is Werchter’s “sister” festival in France with usually a lot of crossover?

552212BF-0195-4B71-9BEB-EFE07E0DC461.jpeg

They are indeed the sister festival, but crossover has been lowering in the last few years. Last year only had one common headliner, Twenty One Pilots, while 2019 had Macklemore as the "biggest" common name.

• Like 1