Victorious Festival 2023 Discussion

Jack01825

On 12/7/2022 at 7:42 AM, Jack01825 said:

I did think about Sigrid Headlining castle when I saw the lineup however she is considerably less followed and listened to compare to Ann Marie so could be a bit of a step down for the dance pop fans.

After seeing both live  - Sigrid is a massive step UP from Ann Marie - anyone who sees here will be impressed 

1 hour ago, jonnytee1 said:

After seeing both live  - Sigrid is a massive step UP from Ann Marie - anyone who sees here will be impressed 

Yeah i imagine she is very good live, I meant from a listener point of view, Sigrid is on about 4m a month and Ann Marie 20m which is a large gap popularity wise. (spotify figures)

Edited by Jack01825

4 minutes ago, Jack01825 said:

Yeah i imagine she is very good live, I meant from a listener point of view, Sigrid is on about 4m a month and Ann Marie 20m which is a large gap popularity wise. (spotify figures)

Yeah i'd agree but to me that makes it all the more appealing rather than fighting a load of under 20's to get into a field to watch a half decent act LOL

38 minutes ago, jonnytee1 said:

Yeah i'd agree but to me that makes it all the more appealing rather than fighting a load of under 20's to get into a field to watch a half decent act LOL

Yeah fair point 🙂 not a fan of beebadoobie or however it's pronounced though , still at least it's not Adele 🤣

Think that safely says that Tom Grennan is at Victorious. 

With no Capaldi, I think Victorious is going to have the weakest line up they've had in recent years, can imagine something like Snow Patrol headlining now. 

I, of course, mean my personal tastes as well. 

You watch now, they go and get Pixies and The Strokes

15 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

With no Capaldi, I think Victorious is going to have the weakest line up they've had in recent years, can imagine something like Snow Patrol headlining now. 

Tbf, as always depends on taste.  So far Victorious for my 90’s/00’s love it The Coral, The Vaccines, The Enemy and Jamiraqoui is already absolutely amazing and already going to be better for me than last year. 

We love Snow Patrol too so will take it… lol.  

Actually wonder if Grennan could headline something like Y Not etc…

For me I treat victorious differently anyway, Glasto I go to with mates so that’s about heading to bands we all love, Victorious is more for the family so I hope for acts they’d like. 

Does this mean that we have a chance of getting Green Day, Paramore and Blink 182? 😉  LOL, with the exception of Paramore... I definitely used to sit on the Guildhall steps and listen to those. Not to mention head to One Legged Jockey to buy a Green Day hoodie. 

I'm old

• Like 1

From my point of view that’s great news! Quite happy none of those will be appearing at victorious and if anything it looks like a really weak set of headliners for R&L, although probably much more to do with my age/taste 😁

We get this…
DA30259A-7569-42E3-A6B3-7E9CD51C0100.jpeg.f041a01723128473029a3da6df6442ba.jpeg

but I still expect this 🤣🤣🤣

031FCA55-F736-43DD-8B14-CD9AB2757C96.thumb.jpeg.963328d6718fa376f39da4d33f6e6dce.jpeg

I think there’s a good chance of Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbot headlining going by the size of their tour.  Seeing them at TRNSMT with Pulp so not fussed either way 

Still think we are due a Richard Ashcroft or Ian Brown this year.  

Edited by Mr Carbohydrate

Think after that R&L announcement Kasabian are certs and Jamie T looks increasingly likely. Not completely convinced either is big enough to headline although I expect Kasabian will. Kaiser Chiefs and Razorlight likely but they’re not really my bag. 
Get the feeling I might be at APE this year instead. 

1 hour ago, luckysalt said:

His tour isn't sold out yet - so whether hes at R&L or Victorious it will be a decent wait till we find out

8 minutes ago, John L said:

Think after that R&L announcement Kasabian are certs and Jamie T looks increasingly likely. Not completely convinced either is big enough to headline although I expect Kasabian will. Kaiser Chiefs and Razorlight likely but they’re not really my bag. 

Both of them acts are in the mid tier now and can easily headline a £50/£60 day festival.  Look at some of the stuff for Finsbury Park (and other day things of that type).  A mid tier header with a decent 2 or 3 acts per day is fine by me 

10 minutes ago, John L said:

Kasabian headlined Tramlines this year and were amazing.   Definitely worthy of a headline slot at Victorious.  

17 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Kasabian headlined Tramlines this year and were amazing.   Definitely worthy of a headline slot at Victorious.  

A good shout but I reckon Tom Meighan plays solo rather than the kasabian boys.  My thinking being that Noel will headline and both Tom and The Zutons are his tour supports.  

kasabian are still a huge draw even without tom.had my doubts with serge being front man, but after seeing at southampton and headliners at iow,i can say that serge although maybe not as good a singer,brings so much energy to his role.will def get victorious rocking if they headline. as for reading.mixed reviews on headliners,but where is the undercard. as for that 3rd headliner im not sure and could be a curve ball. can see kasabian  playing sat or sund,but cant see noel closing fest on sund,which makes me think wont play,but WHOcould it be?

2 minutes ago, retrokev said:

kasabian are still a huge draw even without tom.had my doubts with serge being front man, but after seeing at southampton and headliners at iow,i can say that serge although maybe not as good a singer,brings so much energy to his role.will def get victorious rocking if they headline. as for reading.mixed reviews on headliners,but where is the undercard. as for that 3rd headliner im not sure and could be a curve ball. can see kasabian  playing sat or sund,but cant see noel closing fest on sund,which makes me think wont play,but WHOcould it be?

Still think there’s quite a few of those mid tier headers left to go:

Kasabian, Noel Gallagher HFB, Heaton & Abbott, Jamie T, Florence and the Machine, Snow Patrol, The 1975 (still putting them in there), Biffy Clyro, The Prodigy 

(there’s no doubt more I’ve forgotten)

3 hours ago, luckysalt said:

I'm quite looking forward to what Victorious do. I would watch 6 of the top 3 lines currently.

2 minutes ago, sisco said:

Still think there’s quite a few of those mid tier headers left to go:

Kasabian, Noel Gallagher HFB, Heaton & Abbott, Jamie T, Florence and the Machine, Snow Patrol, The 1975 (still putting them in there), Biffy Clyro, The Prodigy 

(there’s no doubt more I’ve forgotten)

I'm getting the feeling Victorious has Kasabian and The Prodigy as its final headliners.

4 hours ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

From my point of view that’s great news! Quite happy none of those will be appearing at victorious and if anything it looks like a really weak set of headliners for R&L, although probably much more to do with my age/taste 😁

We get this…
DA30259A-7569-42E3-A6B3-7E9CD51C0100.jpeg.f041a01723128473029a3da6df6442ba.jpeg

but I still expect this 🤣🤣🤣

031FCA55-F736-43DD-8B14-CD9AB2757C96.thumb.jpeg.963328d6718fa376f39da4d33f6e6dce.jpeg

I think there’s a good chance of Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbot headlining going by the size of their tour.  Seeing them at TRNSMT with Pulp so not fussed either way 

Still think we are due a Richard Ashcroft or Ian Brown this year.  

Can't see Super Struct to be in a rush to book Richard Ashcroft and Ian Brown again after both dropped out of Tramlines.