Victorious Festival 2023 Discussion

Jack01825

image.thumb.png.59990e827d475fd843bf298810815285.pngSo this announced today.  Last year they shared Stereophonics and Becky Hill and the year before Hardwick also had Rag N Bone man And Nile Rodgers & Chic headlining who subbed and topped the castle stage at Victorious.  

I would be surprised if Noel Isn’t headlining if I’m honest. 

Edited by sisco

2 hours ago, sisco said:

So this announced today.  Last year they shared Stereophonics and Becky Hill and the year before Hardwick also had Rag N Bone man And Nile Rodgers & Chic headlining who subbed and topped the castle stage at Victorious.  

Its certainly looking like he is highly likely.

2 hours ago, sisco said:

image.thumb.png.59990e827d475fd843bf298810815285.pngSo this announced today.  Last year they shared Stereophonics and Becky Hill and the year before Hardwick also had Rag N Bone man And Nile Rodgers & Chic headlining who subbed and topped the castle stage at Victorious.  

Agreed. I wouldn't be surprised if that top 3 Sunday was there. Johnny Marr was also booked for 2020 but covid cancelled the festival.

£122 I think would be decent value for the Saturday and Sunday. I need convincing yet but Noel, Johnny, The Cribs and The Coral would be a no brainer for me.

2 hours ago, thetime said:

Not seen a half decent line up this year. 

I actually quite like that Hardwick but overall cost is too much.

10 minutes ago, Dales said:

Its certainly looking like he is highly likely.

yup

Edited by thewayiam

29 minutes ago, sisco said:

That lineup announcement also means Noel is playing Wales Saturday at his own show and Hardwick the Sunday.  So yeah… doing his own show in Manchester Saturday night and Victorious on Sunday isn’t an issue at all

I didn't even know that. I'm even more convinced now. Noel isn't my favorite but I'd rather it be someone I don't mind. I've kinda accepted that if I attend I'll have to do the camping option with the bus which seems a pain.

I forgot Dickie is also an option who could be added, he's only got one gig. Forest shows are a bit of a rarity though at Victorious although they do happen and out of the one's this year, Jack Savoretti and Dickie are the one's that would do it. Madness played recent, Anne Marie was this year, Tom Grennan was recentish

8 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I didn't even know that. I'm even more convinced now. Noel isn't my favorite but I'd rather it be someone I don't mind. I've kinda accepted that if I attend I'll have to do the camping option with the bus which seems a pain.

I forgot Dickie is also an option who could be added, he's only got one gig. Forest shows are a bit of a rarity though at Victorious although they do happen and out of the one's this year, Jack Savoretti and Dickie are the one's that would do it. Madness played recent, Anne Marie was this year, Tom Grennan was recentish

You thought about the university rooms?

Have to say Noel, Johnny Maar, Vaccines, The Enemy would be a very decent day

1 hour ago, sisco said:

You thought about the university rooms?

Have to say Noel, Johnny Maar, Vaccines, The Enemy would be a very decent day

I don't know about them?

My festival camping days are getting past me.

Personally I actually think The Enemy would play a different day and it would be potentially The Cribs and The Coral. Organisers will know those last two will fit a crowd. Johnny Marr also would be 3rd down rather than sub I think. 

What I do like with this festival is though that they try to put acts on the days similar, not mix things up loads where you have to get an extra day. 

I'm looking out for the act opposite Jay Kay but I also think Fatboy Slim has a great chance of being there. Annie Mac I would take opposite Jay Kay. Not sure I'm a nig enough fan.

@siscoI have just seen. The main place would be great only being 2 mins away but I'd have to go for the box standard ensuite. £150 is the max for 3 nights and the next level down for shared facilities is £147. Prices based on this year.

doing that I'd actually be tempted to just use public transport to get there rather than lug everything in a car down.

also to point out that Johnny Marr has his shown supporting The Killers in Edinburgh on September the 1st so he's still about after Hardwick in August. It looks almost written.

Give me Ashcroft on top and I've got my perfect lineup haha. Dickie opposite Jay Kay. If Kasabian are there I would expect The Enemy on their day.

8 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

@siscoI have just seen. The main place would be great only being 2 mins away but I'd have to go for the box standard ensuite. £150 is the max for 3 nights and the next level down for shared facilities is £147. Prices based on this year.

I've stayed at Rees Hall, the uni rooms closest to the festival site, twice now and they're absolutely fine. Very basic, but comfortable, and a good buffet breakfast included (hot food, cereals, pastries etc.). Travel kettle in the room. I've been told, by Portsmouth Uni, that the accommodation will be on sale via the Victorious website 9th January

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I don't know about them?

My festival camping days are getting past me.

Personally I actually think The Enemy would play a different day and it would be potentially The Cribs and The Coral. Organisers will know those last two will fit a crowd. Johnny Marr also would be 3rd down rather than sub I think. 

What I do like with this festival is though that they try to put acts on the days similar, not mix things up loads where you have to get an extra day. 

I'm looking out for the act opposite Jay Kay but I also think Fatboy Slim has a great chance of being there. Annie Mac I would take opposite Jay Kay. Not sure I'm a nig enough fan.

The enemy are Sunday.  The day splits are listed

3 hours ago, Frangipane said:

I've stayed at Rees Hall, the uni rooms closest to the festival site, twice now and they're absolutely fine. Very basic, but comfortable, and a good buffet breakfast included (hot food, cereals, pastries etc.). Travel kettle in the room. I've been told, by Portsmouth Uni, that the accommodation will be on sale via the Victorious website 9th January

£220 is a lot for 3 days

1 hour ago, sisco said:

The enemy are Sunday.  The day splits are listed

Ah I see realize. Noel is virtually a given surely.

I have to say Newton Faulkner is of interest Friday and I don't mind Katy B from years back.

The Divine Comedy and The Coral tick boxes.

Noel, The Vaccines, Jonny Marr, The Enemy

Sigrid on the Castle stage.

34 minutes ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

Marr, The Cribs and Ashcroft would make me very happy!!!

I'd have to go.

Edited by thewayiam

On 12/16/2022 at 7:36 PM, sisco said:

the cribs have to be nailed on for this and id be absolutely ecstatic

46 minutes ago, FxxxItFlowers said:

the cribs have to be nailed on for this and id be absolutely ecstatic

They both shared The Sherlocks further down too. I think The Cribs will play Saturday.

Going by previous years there isn't usually another announcement until February but this first one came earlier in December and most festivals are announcing earlier.

I think Craig Charles funk and soul will be on Friday too.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, WhoOdyssey said:

I’ve heard that The 1975 either turned down/pulled out of Victorious, and are instead going to do a Finsbury Park show instead next summer. 

(they previously had a show there lined up for 2020, but was cancelled due to covid) 

Only date for it is the sunday after Pulp and Jamie T you'd imagine?

• 2 weeks later...