What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2023?

MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

On 5/16/2023 at 11:05 PM, eFestivals said:

Not had much time to visit the forum today but hopefully will in the next few days to catch up. Affiliate sales (other than tickets, which are already a part of the site) are definitely a part of future plans and something that will be explored. If you have any info that you think might help @theciderviking I'm all ears! Would also love to have a merch store with branded gear/clothing/accessories and maybe designs made by users who could earn a percentage of any sales.

Probably worth reaching out to https://www.decathlon.co.uk/landing/affiliation-programme/_/R-a-affiliate, given the popularity of their tents on here.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, sprocketrocket said:

If they drink real coffee, I can whole heartedly recommend you tell them to take a Aeropress and some ground coffee. It's changed camping for me.

Cheers! Have heard of them before but never tried one out, so good to hear positive things. Good excuse to add to the ever growing pile...

Just now, rwoo said:

Some nice looking beds you've got there. Colours popping

cheers moved in 18months ago and the garden was just mud . I do like a bit of putting things in and seeing what im able to keep alive 🙂 . need to figure out my watering system for Glastonbury though as its gonna be roasting 

4 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

cheers moved in 18months ago and the garden was just mud . I do like a bit of putting things in and seeing what im able to keep alive 🙂 . need to figure out my watering system for Glastonbury though as its gonna be roasting 

The Glasto watering issue is real! Previously I've done the old upside down bottle and tried the wick technique. Both worked well to be fair. Good Luck! Luckily my partners at home this year to keep the beloved Tomatoes alive. 

9 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

friendly next door neighbour with a ladder and a hose.?

Bought new walking shoes and a straw hat. And Gorilla glue in case the shoes decide to part ways with the sole like last year*.

*A delightful efester saved me with Gorilla glue on the Thur morning and those shoes are still decent enough to walk the dog. That stuff is awesome. If anyone gets in a pickle onsite this year and needs some, hit me up so I can pay it forward.

Is it worth picking up a set of music ear plugs before the festival? I absolutely love a night of house, techno, dnb etc but can imagine after 5 days my hearing would be well and truly f*cked so i should probs be a responsible adult lol . Would appreciate any reccomendations! cheers 🙂 

19 minutes ago, cgall said:

Is it worth picking up a set of music ear plugs before the festival? I absolutely love a night of house, techno, dnb etc but can imagine after 5 days my hearing would be well and truly f*cked so i should probs be a responsible adult lol . Would appreciate any reccomendations! cheers 🙂 

I use these: https://www.loopearplugs.com 

they're super comfy, having tried the silicone mushroom type ones. I even got the quiet ones for sleeping. 

4 hours ago, prog seller said:

Had the obligatory "need to see if these are ok" cocktail. 

Oh My, another level. 

**yes its 2:30 on a Thursday but im running on serious fumes this week, hopefully this will knock me out and I can catch up on missing sleep. 

Screenshot 2023-05-18 at 14.29.29.jpg

Screenshot 2023-05-18 at 14.29.38.jpg

I tried one of my Moth margaritas at the weekend as well. Yummy!!

• Upvote 1

Finally started festival shopping today as I am off to Bearded next week but this will be coming to Glasto too

Collapsible bucket, cans of espresso martini, a bottle of pre-mixed espresso martini, glass-free mirror, sun lotion & other travel toiletries.

Some random cans of wine and beer to do a taste test and see what is palatable when it's not chilled.

12 minutes ago, prog seller said:

I use these: https://www.loopearplugs.com 

they're super comfy, having tried the silicone mushroom type ones. I even got the quiet ones for sleeping. 

There were moments I ended up right next to a speaker last year when it was rammed. I did find myself wishing I had some earplugs just to take the edge off a bit! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cgall said:

generally worth doing even for 1 day

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

No such thing as a wellies year if you own walking boots.

Actually had to buy some wellies today for the first time in, I don't know, 25 years. Not as uncomfortable as I remember but still no intention of wearing them at a festival.

5 hours ago, prog seller said:

Had the obligatory "need to see if these are ok" cocktail. 

Oh My, another level. 

**yes its 2:30 on a Thursday but im running on serious fumes this week, hopefully this will knock me out and I can catch up on missing sleep. 

Screenshot 2023-05-18 at 14.29.29.jpg

Screenshot 2023-05-18 at 14.29.38.jpg

Love these, also best tinned espresso martini