LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

7 minutes ago, JRhys29 said:

I am hopeful but this feels like the most likely situation. Next area announcement w/c 10th April?

I just cant see them going into balance payment without something else to get people to pay up!

It's a lot more to pay this year and people are struggling generally.  I really think they've got to dangle some more carrots before then.  Or maybe a few days in when they see how the sales are going. 

14 minutes ago, stuie said:

I just cant see them going into balance payment without something else to get people to pay up!

It's a lot more to pay this year and people are struggling generally.  I really think they've got to dangle some more carrots before then.  Or maybe a few days in when they see how the sales are going. 

I agree. I think there will be announcements either weekly or every 2 weeks. 

15 minutes ago, Franky said:

Hopefully Leftfield to Headline the Park on Friday night. 

Iam hoping it will be the Manics, I think people are saying leftfield will be thursday night , maybe a bit like The Orb did (if I remember correctly)

Edited by gazzared
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, gazzared said:

Iam hoping it will be the Manics, I think most people think leftfield will be thursday night , maybe a bit like The Orb did (if I remeber correctly)

Really ??? Hmmmm dunno how I feel about that tbh, on one hand no  clashes anywhere, on the other, the entire festival will be there, not sure they would put a Thursday artist on the poster either. 

Only time will tell 

12 minutes ago, Franky said:

Hopefully Leftfield to Headline the Park on Friday night. 

I am hoping The Manics get that slot. And as it happens I was at a party on Saturday for a friend who is in the music industry. James Dean Bradfield was there, so I cheekily asked him what slot the Manics had.

First off he said the he wasn’t allowed to say, then he said ‘actually, I don’t know!’ Damn. No scoop for me. (For the record: he was a very friendly guy). 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Franky said:

Really ??? Hmmmm dunno how I feel about that tbh, on one hand no  clashes anywhere, on the other, the entire festival will be there, not sure they would put a Thursday artist on the poster either. 

Only time will tell 

ah yeah good point, I watched camelphat last time and they did the thursday glade and they werent on the main poster either, so maybe manics will open the festival ?

2 minutes ago, gazzared said:

ah yeah good point, I watched camelphat last time and they did the thursday glade and they werent on the main poster either, so maybe manics will open the festival ?

good way to start the festival if it's good weather though, Leftfield in the dark on an outside stage. I would take a Thurs slot. 

2 minutes ago, Franky said:

good way to start the festival if it's good weather though, Leftfield in the dark on an outside stage. I would take a Thurs slot. 

yeah park would be better as I didnt like camelphat on the new glade area, just not big enough area with everyone pushing and shoving from all directions trying to get under the new tent and I thought the sound was a bit shit even though the set-up was supposed to be really good

16 hours ago, stuie said:

If you’ve got a twitter account set up new tweet alerts for @glastonbury and then try and forget about it a bit or you’ll drive yourself crazy! 😂

Too late, the crazy has set in 🤪

Good tip, thanks 

5 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Ok if it’s pure guesswork based on nothing but gut feelings then I reckon Avalon or Acoustic posters next. 

I still think we need something for the electronic / dance heads before balance payment window.

• Upvote 5