BBC Coverage 2022

Cooter

31 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

You ok Zoo Music Girl? 🙂 

I need to watch this next! A cathartic cry fest is always amazing.

Watching Metronomy - the crowd looks good, the weather looks good, oh how I wish I was in that field.

Ha yeah I'm fine, thank you! Doesn't take much to set me off these days but I usually have to be physically at the event, not just watching it on TV! Absolutely loved her set.

Now watching Gabriels and it's stunning stuff. His voice and his general vibe is so beautiful.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Now watching Gabriels and it's stunning stuff. His voice and his general vibe is so beautiful.

Yessssssss. So good. 

Metronomy are having a whale of a time. Doing a great job of winning over anyone primarily there to get a good spot for Glass Animals and O-Rod. 

2 minutes ago, GlastoFomo said:

Yves Tumor is batshit crazy. Wish I was there, doesn't come across as well on TV

Doesn't come across in real life either, they were lame supporting NIN this week. Decent studio act but that's about it.

Very much enjoying Metronomy, what an incredible live band. Tight fun

2 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Doesn't come across in real life either, they were lame supporting NIN this week. Decent studio act but that's about it.

Very much enjoying Metronomy, what an incredible live band. Tight fun

I'm switching over to Squid, probably my favourite band over the last two years. Saw them at Printworks in London last year, probably the best gig of my life so can't wait to see them here

Glad I can watch from home, would love to see Metronomy too

Edited by GlastoFomo

The Bonobo and Four Tet sets looked incredible last night, made it tough to not be there. What a glorious evening of live music that could have been. First time watching on the BBC, really impressed with the coverage. Other TV take-way - the place looks packed. Bonobo for instance looked like he had the whole West Holts field full, as compared to 2014 I remember standing in between Brothers Bar and the stage and having lots of room around us. Maybe the TV footage is deceptive, but also reading about the crowds in other threads. 

Just now, GlastoFomo said:

Lack of mosh for Squid is a bit unnerving. 

I remember watching King Gizzard play Glastonbury on tv, I reckon maybe 2017, and they were smashing out tracks from Nonagon Infinity and there was barely any movement in the crowd.

I saw them 3 times the year before and every one of those gigs had amazing mosh pits. I really couldn't understand why the Glastonbury crowd weren't doing the same.