The Weather Thread 2023

tazbang

20 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

It’s still on a knife edge and will be all week/weekend 

I don't think so. Right now there's barely a cloud in the sky, its 22 degrees with a beautiful light breeze. We're going to have plenty of this, and maybe the odd shower.  It's going to be great. The best festival yet. 

2 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Genuine question for the heat lovers, what is the upper limit when it comes to heat?

Lots of people having a moan at others wanting it to be reasonable, but not baking, even calling poor Fuzzy a loser for simply stating a preference...

But when is enough enough? 28? 30? 30+?

30. 25 is ideal. 20 could be warmer. Anything less is a disaster 

2 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Genuine question for the heat lovers, what is the upper limit when it comes to heat?

Lots of people having a moan at others wanting it to be reasonable, but not baking, even calling poor Fuzzy a loser for simply stating a preference...

Fuzzy beat himself psychologically - he was stating that if dry and warm his festival was ruined and he wasn’t up for it. Most here (even if muddy as f**k) will pull their socks up and show some resilience knowing lucky to have golden ticket. 

54 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Always been baffled about the no rain, no compromise business. 

We can’t control the weather so does that mean all the NFRNFC lot will go home at the first sign of drizzle?

Or will you actually compromise and deal with the wet stuff should we get any? 

Have you considered the possibility they're just joking about?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I believe the Saturday 2019 was 30+ 

Had a great day.

56 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Always been baffled about the no rain, no compromise business. 

We can’t control the weather so does that mean all the NFRNFC lot will go home at the first sign of drizzle?

Or will you actually compromise and deal with the wet stuff should we get any? 

I forgot to turn off the notifications for this topic so it kept pinging so I`ll explain NFRNFC for you

No f**king Rain No f**king Compromise  = I don`t want any Rain and I won`t Compromise on not wanting any rain (not even to keep the dust down)....... simples 🙂  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Had a great day.

33 degrees in The Park that early afternoon. Bars were handing out free cans of water from the fridge. Was still singing and dancing to Mattiel.

16 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

Fuzzy beat himself psychologically - he was stating that if dry and warm his festival was ruined and he wasn’t up for it. Most here (even if muddy as f**k) will pull their socks up and show some resilience knowing lucky to have golden ticket. 

Bang on. When you get your ticket you have no idea of the line up, let alone the weather. 

Been in some epic battles in these fields. And I know I’d have a pisser either way. And have been well prepared for either this time . But so glad it’s looking like a good one. 

11 minutes ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

It absolutely bucketed down in Edinburgh overnight. Proper stotting off the streets rain for hours. The ground here wasn't as baked as at the farm. But I walked over a grassy field this afternoon and you would swear it hadnt rained at all. Bone dry.

Everything's gonna be alright. 🙂

That'll help my garden x

32 minutes ago, downtherabbithole said:

26 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Had a great day.

21 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

33 degrees in The Park that early afternoon. Bars were handing out free cans of water from the fridge. Was still singing and dancing to Mattiel.

30 and 33 are pretty high. 2017 it was 31 on the Wed and I was exhausted just walking in and setting up. I admire anyone who can walk and dance the amount they normally would in a year with temps of 20. I'd say 24-25 is my limit if I want to actually be in the thick of it or walking/dancing as much as I normally would be, but over 30, I start feeling heavy and tired. Maybe it's my DNA or physique, or a mix of plenty of different things. I drink plenty of water and wear suncream too. 

So far anyway, the fest is looking perfect and only Sunday looks like it could get higher temp-wise. 

37 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

I mean, I can't speak for Fuzzy; I have no idea about his age/gender/weight/fitness/health etc, so I wouldn't judge him or her too harshly... I'm sure he'll try his best to have a good time regardless of the sun/heat.

1 hour ago, downtherabbithole said:

Bang on

1 hour ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

I just don't understand those wanting it hot. What's the downside to it being (for me a very pleasant) 17-19? You have to wear a jumper, heaven forbid? 

It's summer, at a festival. I won't wear trousers and I certainly don't want to wear a f**king jumper.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, airwaves said:

Just been watching our local news for the "South West", BBC Spotlight 

On the weather forecast, for Friday it had a big splodge of blue - rain - all over the general area of Somerset ie incl Glasto /Pilton 

BBC Points West are saying heavy rain tonight and tomorrow am. After that temperatures in the low 20's and rising, sunny with the odd shower.