The Weather Thread 2023

tazbang

45 minutes ago, Duggyfresh44 said:

I bought a really decent second hand pair in Vinted. They’ve even been worn in for me! They were £7.50.

Good plan.  I'd advocate this to anyone buying boots at short notice.  I got some DM's earlier this year off Vinted and they had been softened up nicely by the (undoubtedly crippled) Gent I bought them off.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

There are enough testimonials above to prove that wearing the right non-leather boots off the shelf isn't a major problem for a five day festival...

Yeah, and I figure that even if those boots don't work out and do cause rubbing and blisters etc, at least they were designed for long periods of walking, whereas wellies are mainly intended for a bit of short term moving about in muck

3 minutes ago, Sheffield Steve said:

No improvement for Monday from the 12z GFS.  It still wants to bring the thundery low up from France which has the potential to dump a lot of rain on the site.   The exact position of the low at this point is irrelevant as we’re too far off, but it’s definitely still there….

IMG_4106.thumb.jpeg.5ba033cc03258cd849b6d621fe2a14f5.jpeg

Now, I'm FIRMLY NFR NFC, but if we are looking at a dumping of rain at some point in the next week, then surely the earlier the better?  The trends seem to show that this could have been Tues/Weds but is now most likely Monday do they not?  And the time has moved earlier with every run, yes?  I think given the options, I'd take that.

• Like 1

Uh oh. It gets Mondays storms out of the way and then brings another bunch up on Tuesday morning, again with the potential for a bucketload.    But this is all far too far off in this kind of set up, it could easily fizzle out in a whimper….

The GFS rainfall accumulation totals are going to be interesting once this run has finished compiling…

IMG_4107.thumb.jpeg.bfc02226e57043e363432dd1b9dc05de.jpeg