Best Bars

O'Doyle Rules

11 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Don’t see the appeal of Brothers myself.... don’t they solely sell very sweet, very sickly, strong fruit ciders? Also.... whenever I’m there during the day, the place seems surrounded by loud and boisterous young lads. Nothing wrong with that, but it’s not really my vibe now, as I’ve become an old fart. If I’m in West Holts area, West Holts Bar, or the cut through to Ridge & Furrow are better options I think.

Note: West Holts Bar is a great spot to people watch the antics of said young lads at Brothers from. Whilst tutting and shaking my head.

I tend to agree.  Mainly because I don't like cider.

6 hours ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

Can those that love Avalon Inn explain the appeal pls? I've never frequented this establishment before (only been to festival once before)

I've always thought the Avalon field is like a mini festival in a festival. Lovely atmosphere there. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Don’t see the appeal of Brothers myself.... don’t they solely sell very sweet, very sickly, strong fruit ciders?

Yeah it's perry (pear cider) with various syrup additions - personally, I love it! Toffee Apple breakfast is my start to the day....

Brothers bar on a Wednesday used to be a ritual - our group would sink a few pints until we realised it's stronger than we remembered and stagger way for the rest of the pub crawl. On the last visit, I struggled to finish my pint... my taste has changed and it's horrible stuff 

1 hour ago, benc said:

Brothers bar on a Wednesday used to be a ritual - our group would sink a few pints until we realised it's stronger than we remembered and stagger way for the rest of the pub crawl. On the last visit, I struggled to finish my pint... my taste has changed and it's horrible stuff 

It’s mega sweet and really isn’t the kind of thing I could drink in any quantity at all as well. I only have one pint a year and that’s purely for nostalgia reasons 

7 hours ago, balti-pie said:

There's a bar in Unfairground that sells those big pint cans of Arbor ales, theyve got 2 or 3 different ones (including a Gluten Free) and theyre deliciously cold and absolutely majestic. For that alone its become my favourite bar

Hellooo that might actually be the best beer you can buy on site, especially if they have Shambala.

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Hellooo that might actually be the best beer you can buy on site, especially if they have Shambala.

I’m hoping for a fair bit more craft floating around this year, it seems like such an easy thing to have some big fridges with some kickass cans 

42 minutes ago, Cabaret_Tent said:

I remember this. Is it no more? Remember playing table football in there sipping pints of ale straight from the cask.

sadly not 😞 they weren't invited back this year. feels like the days of a proper glasto speakeasy might be gone 

3 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

By Leftfield

Yeah my hunch was by the glade

There were a few 'craft bars', perhaps 2019, 2017 - but there wasn't much crafty about the beers on offer

Edited by benc

Posted yesterday from Bimble Inn..

May be an image of 4 people and outdoors

The Bimble Inn has LANDED at @glastofest 2022!!

💥
ONLY ONE WEEK TO GO BEFORE WE’RE ALL TOGETHER IN THE FIELDS AGAIN!!
💥
However kind (or unkind) the past few years have been to you… however much you have struggled… however much you wish you’d won that sequinned jacket on eBay (that might just be me)….Let’s all make a pact to come together next week, to spread the love, to honour our privilege and to BRING THE MAGIC BACK!
💥
We’ve got SO MUCH FUN in store for you. Our amazing crew (family) are all back, we’ve got soft drinks, frozen cocktails, ales, ciders and ESPRESSO MARTINIS. We also reckon we’ve got our best line up yet…. but we’ll let you decide that for yourselves.
💥
💥
❤️❤️.WE CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOU!! ❤️❤️

• Thanks 1

There was a bar in The Woods up near The John Peel last time, although I dont think it showed on the map in 2019 and it certainly isn't showing this time. Does anyone know if it's likely to be there again this year? I've made it the first stop on our Thursday pub crawl, so I'm hoping it is as it's a long walk to the next bar from there!

Edited by Familiar2billions