Primavera Sound Barcelona 2023 + Primavera Sound Madrid 2023

Fnmentaluk

I am doing the Madrid edition, fingers crossed...

They said they will try to release the line up until the end of the year. Same line up both cities. 

400 buses departing from Wanda Metropolitano Stadium, with a inaugural night on Wednesday inside the stadium. Gigs around the city also Monday, Tuesday and Sunday. 

• Thanks 1

As a casual observer, it really does strike me that this Madrid version of PS is just to prevent some of the big names from playing Mad Cool right? I imagine PS will be posturing themselves by saying, you can play Mad Cool in madrid for x amount, or you can play PS barcelona and madrid for a package deal. Mad Cool has had a surprising number of acts I'd have expected at PS in recent times. 

7 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

As a casual observer, it really does strike me that this Madrid version of PS is just to prevent some of the big names from playing Mad Cool right? I imagine PS will be posturing themselves by saying, you can play Mad Cool in madrid for x amount, or you can play PS barcelona and madrid for a package deal. Mad Cool has had a surprising number of acts I'd have expected at PS in recent times. 

This is likely a big part of it as there's now a lot of crossover in terms of their undercard, but as we've seen Primavera are now obsessed with relentless expansion at all costs, so it makes sense to try another Spanish city and offer an easy two-for-one package to artists. I don't know if they'd have done it if they didn't (allegedly) get a really sweet deal on the festival site, mind.

Just now, jannybruck said:

This is likely a big part of it as there's now a lot of crossover in terms of their undercard, but as we've seen Primavera are now obsessed with relentless expansion at all costs, so it makes sense to try another Spanish city and offer an easy two-for-one package to artists. I don't know if they'd have done it if they didn't (allegedly) get a really sweet deal on the festival site, mind.

By the sounds of it the festival site they've gotten for peanuts as it's in the arse end of nowhere. The buses to and from the festival sound like a nightmare waiting to happen, sorry to be a negative nancy. Can already see now people missing earlier acts in the day due to the amount of people travelling on the buses first thing.

Just now, scatteredscreens said:

By the sounds of it the festival site they've gotten for peanuts as it's in the arse end of nowhere. The buses to and from the festival sound like a nightmare waiting to happen, sorry to be a negative nancy. Can already see now people missing earlier acts in the day due to the amount of people travelling on the buses first thing.

It remains to be seen really. If they can't even get the transport right in Barcelona this year for their 20th then I'm skeptical, but the local council and organisations they're working with in Madrid seem to be supportive so maybe there's the infrastructure and admin there to make it work. We'll see.

FAN ZONE. Will be the meeting point for fans of the festival at the Cívitas Metropolitano. As well as being the starting point to get to the Ciudad del Rock de Arganda del Rey on board the free shuttle service, the fan zone will be the best way to start the Primavera experience thanks to its gastronomic area and its live music programme. A specially designed multi-purpose space where the completely free opening day of the 7th of June will also take place: on the Wednesday before the festival you will be able to attend the welcome concerts without needing to buy a ticket for Primavera Sound Madrid 2023.“

Fan Zone sounds so football. I don‘t see a single reason that would make Madrid more appealing than Barcelona. The heat also - it was 37 in Madrid this June

10 minutes ago, brosch said:

FAN ZONE. Will be the meeting point for fans of the festival at the Cívitas Metropolitano. As well as being the starting point to get to the Ciudad del Rock de Arganda del Rey on board the free shuttle service, the fan zone will be the best way to start the Primavera experience thanks to its gastronomic area and its live music programme. A specially designed multi-purpose space where the completely free opening day of the 7th of June will also take place: on the Wednesday before the festival you will be able to attend the welcome concerts without needing to buy a ticket for Primavera Sound Madrid 2023.“

Fan Zone sounds so football. I don‘t see a single reason that would make Madrid more appealing than Barcelona. The heat also - it was 37 in Madrid this June

A place for you to pay extortionate food and drink prices whilst you wait for a bus that should have turned up 30 minutes ago and you're now missing acts you want to see.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, brosch said:

to me fan-zone sounds like a place you spend time in, as opposed to shuttle stop where you go and get on the bus, might mean they are preparing for long waits for busses.

generally speaking, I'm not sure it's appealing NOW, as they probably got a lot of things to get sorted, but looking forward, IF they get these things right, and assuming it's the same lineup - I wouldn't rule out going to Madrid for a change - been to Barcelona almost 10 times now, never been to Madrid, can be nice to see another city

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

generally speaking, I'm not sure it's appealing NOW, as they probably got a lot of things to get sorted, but looking forward, IF they get these things right, and assuming it's the same lineup - I wouldn't rule out going to Madrid for a change - been to Barcelona almost 10 times now, never been to Madrid, can be nice to see another city

Madrid itself is great, especially in spring.

Saludos from Barcelona btw, I saw Franz Ferdinand by chance last night - lovely crowd, as always

4 hours ago, jannybruck said:

It remains to be seen really. If they can't even get the transport right in Barcelona this year for their 20th then I'm skeptical, but the local council and organisations they're working with in Madrid seem to be supportive so maybe there's the infrastructure and admin there to make it work. We'll see.

What were the transport issues in BCN this year? I must have escaped those. 

Fan zone idea isn't terrible... Possibly. I mean, I'd prefer to explore Madrid during the day, but if its operating early afternoon, its not a bad option for food and drink and then hop on a bus. In theory. 

My understanding is the Wanda is quite a bit out of the centre of town, though, right? So that's not exactly ideal, either. 

If the lineups are close to identical (they've said they will be, right?), then I still don't see the appeal of Madrid in this sense. I'd much rather go to Madrid in march or October for a weekend and PS in Barcelona in June! 

Just now, TheFullShaboo said:

Has there been anything to indicate whether or not PS Madrid is going to be a permanent fixture, or just a one off?

Regardless of which one it is, is there a chance that Primavera may throw more money at the lineups than previous years so that it's a success (sell out)? 

They mentioned “we hope to see you again in Madrid in 2024, 2025 and so on” so I’m guessing they want it to become a permanent thing 

• Upvote 1