Primavera Sound Barcelona 2023 + Primavera Sound Madrid 2023

Fnmentaluk

5 minutes ago, Enkidu said:

I'm wondering if I'll be able to attend the Madrid ciutat shows with a Barcelona ticket. I'm going to Barcelona but like i'll be flying to and from Madrid, so thinking of extending my stay to have a few days in Madrid. Would be nice if I've got a chance of attending some gigs there too

Seriously unlikely I'd think for Monday and Tuesday as passes will be different. But maybe you can find a foreigner flying in for Madrid at the weekend who can lend you their pass.

And you'd be able to attend the Wednesday.

It would make sense for me to go to Madrid but just the presence of Maneskin, Halsey and the sorts makes me think what kind of public will it attract.. I guess there is no rush to get tickets anyway. Especially considering how they were reselling for a third of the price a week before the festival last year. Might just wait a bit and check what Mad Cool puts together.

Edited by yosoyyoberdi

Came across to me as a fairly standard Primavera line-up to me - lots of acts I would see but not being 100% sure if it's for me.

I like Madrid as a city from my visit there for Mad Cool but it was only from searching yesterday that I appreciated how far out from it their chosen site is. Guessing this might be a slower seller than the classic Barcelona model.

I'm still kinda sad this does not include M83, The Walkmen, Fever Ray, Denzel Curry and Rina Sawayama or Converge and Lil Ugly Mane. Except for The Walkmen all of them are touring Europe in Summer and all would've, imho, given the Line-up more depth. I also very much would've like The 1975, who I think are one of the most versatile acts in pop right now, but they seem to be one of the acts PS is actively skipping. 

And if The Flaming Lips are taking their Yoshimi Tour to Europe and PS misses out on that its just unacceptable.

On another Note, day Tickets are "just" 125€, so it could be viable to skip Sunday altogether and save one night of accomodation. 

Edited by Quadrophobia
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

I'm still kinda sad this does not include M83, The Walkmen, Fever Ray, Denzel Curry and Rina Sawayama or Converge and Lil Ugly Mane. Except for The Walkmen all of them are touring Europe in Summer and all would've, imho, given the Line-up more depth. I also very much would've like The 1975, who I think are one of the most versatile acts in pop right now, but they seem to be one of the acts PS is actively skipping. 

And if The Flaming Lips are taking their Yoshimi Tour to Europe and PS misses out on that its just unacceptable

Flaming Lips are in North America during the festival.

I'd say if they've only missed out on those 8 bands from who's available, they've done really well.

For me the big miss was Pulp but then at least they got Blur and we don't even know if Pulp is touring Europe in Spring.

Just now, xxialac said:

Flaming Lips are in North America during the festival.

I'd say if they've only missed out on those 8 bands from who's available, they've done really well.

For me the big miss was Pulp but then at least they got Blur and we don't even know if Pulp is touring Europe in Spring.

Its relatively early in the announcement season too, so more names will pop up later on and we'll only have the full picture much later. Lets see what Mad Cool snatched this year. 

5 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Pretty sure that Jarvis said in all the announcement blurb, that Pulp were a bit lazy and would only be doing UK and Ireland this year.

3 minutes ago, Valbork said:

Pretty sure that Jarvis said in all the announcement blurb, that Pulp were a bit lazy and would only be doing UK and Ireland this year.

This was how NME reported it. When asked how extensive their touring plans were by BBC Radio 6 Music‘s Lauren Laverne, Cocker said, “This country is the country that made Pulp famous, where we sold most records and where we knew most people.” He added: “I’m sure that we’ll probably play in other places around the world, but it just seemed appropriate to do it here first.”

image.thumb.png.db7b6184521e373b5fb089e52170159b.png

This is some good (expected) news. You can only reserve any of the free concerts if you have a ticket. So no 15% for the public or any of that. 

I'm very curious to see how these goes. In previous years (2019 and before) it was always a cake walk to get into any midweek gig (minus LCD 2016 and Spiritualised 2019). You could rock up after doors and still get in almost always. I'm hoping with there only being one weekend and less hype after a 3 years wait that reserving tickets for these should be simple enough. 

I'm really wanting to get in to see Pup and Black Midi so hopefully it works out better than all the Gizz shows this year. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/30/2022 at 12:12 PM, Martin_89 said:

Well, that's the perfect opportunity to discover new music. It's kinda strange to attend Primavera just for headliners, but it's your choice! If you want some tips, please tell me what kind of music/bands you like.   

Oh no , don’t get me wrong . I always give new bands a chance. But normally I d have heard their name before , or a friend might like them , or I have Shazammed a song and found them out.

Im reading the lineup and I have never heard of most of these bands. I don’t know one single song by Halsey and she is in big writing near the top of the lineup. I wouldn’t know her if she walked past me in the street.

Maybe this is the moment in life where I realise I’m not actually with it anymore…

1 minute ago, Drums Please Fab said:

Oh no , don’t get me wrong . I always give new bands a chance. But normally I d have heard their name before , or a friend might like them , or I have Shazammed a song and found them out.

Im reading the lineup and I have never heard of most of these bands. I don’t know one single song by Halsey and she is in big writing near the top of the lineup. I wouldn’t know her if she walked past me in the street.

Maybe this is the moment in life where I realise I’m not actually with it anymore…

I just listened to the song “closer” with Halsey and the Chainsmokers.

you’re joking right ? 

This is garbage .

where are all the guitar bands?

24 minutes ago, Gnarler said:

This is some good (expected) news. You can only reserve any of the free concerts if you have a ticket. So no 15% for the public or any of that. 

I'm very curious to see how these goes. In previous years (2019 and before) it was always a cake walk to get into any midweek gig (minus LCD 2016 and Spiritualised 2019). You could rock up after doors and still get in almost always. I'm hoping with there only being one weekend and less hype after a 3 years wait that reserving tickets for these should be simple enough. 

I'm really wanting to get in to see Pup and Black Midi so hopefully it works out better than all the Gizz shows this year. 

Albeit I had the impression most of the 15% this year were not the general public but committed ticket holders wanting to be sure they could get in!!

Most foreigners will not be in the country on the Monday or Tuesday when most of the shows are taking place - this should make a huge difference. And the Sunday is quite a big repeat of Wednesday - could dilute interest?

One problem I see is that the tickets will still sell quickly with more people reserving them than actually turning up. So probably still potential for queues to deal with the no shows and disappointment as not many free places.

39 minutes ago, Gnarler said:

Unless there is a holding deposit for the bookings this is prone to end up with empty venues due to no shows. Also, people will mostly go just for the big act...

1 minute ago, yosoyyoberdi said:

Unless there is a holding deposit for the bookings this is prone to end up with empty venues due to no shows. Also, people will mostly go just for the big act...

You're completely right. But when they introduce a deposit, people complain bitterly so they can't win.

Will be another source of angst!

1 hour ago, Gnarler said:

I wonder if it's the same for Wednesday in the Forum. Pet Shop Boys are quite big for Primavera stage, and on Wednesday many of the foreigners are already in. Will it be first come first served? ticketed on site like Spritiualized in 2019?

2 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

I wonder if it's the same for Wednesday in the Forum. Pet Shop Boys are quite big for Primavera stage, and on Wednesday many of the foreigners are already in. Will it be first come first served? ticketed on site like Spritiualized in 2019?

First come first served and wouldn't be surprised if they move to Mordor to overcome this - the stages for which are already built after all.

7 hours ago, Whos3000_ said:

Possible auditorium shows: 

arthur verocai, emeralds, heinali, salamanda 

julia holter Beth orthon ?

laurie Anderson John cale bar Italia ?

Eddie Palmieri - jazz pianist 

1 hour ago, Gnarler said:

This is bad news for me! 

I'm doing this trip on a budget and my plan was to get a cheap resale ticket closer to the time. I'm arriving on the monday so really want to do the ciutat gigs, but now I'm worried my plans have all fallen apart. Fuck.