trnsmt 2023

jj200

2 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Neither of them seem like strong headliners on their own at this point but put together it’s a pretty strong day. If either are booked then I think they’d at least need a strong sub.

would likely be pulp's only scottish show type exclusive / kasabian have been doing tons of similar capacity festivals this year

strong sub sure though

Edited by gfa

15 minutes ago, Jonesy1 said:

Courteeners to sub kasabian instead of Pulp? Been a couple of years since they played and they’ve hardly gotten bigger.

Were there not rumours on here a while back saying that Courteeners are doing Murrayfield next year? 

On 10/2/2022 at 10:14 PM, kingcrawler said:

Yeah it makes a lot of sense. Third year in a row isn’t very exciting but I doubt they’ll be too bothered if he sells tickets. 

Sam Fender, a Pulp/Kasabian double bill and then one of Biffy Clyro or George Ezra seems very TRNSMT.

Very likely and a strong trio.

9 hours ago, gordo1701 said:

I’m certain George Ezra will be one of the headliners, if not TRNSMT then one of the other Scottish festivals! His most recent post announcing a few UK 2023 arena dates it says they’re the last “UK arena shows” very clearly meaning other uk shows to come. 

Wouldn't be surprised if he did one of the Big Top shows if they returned tbh

40 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Just doesn't seem to fit in with their booking policy imo. Although neither do the strokes so who knows. Highly doubt it though.

Worth noting that day ended up selling out as well btw, which caught me off guard. They were turning away a pretty big number of folk when I was getting there.

45 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Just doesn't seem to fit in with their booking policy imo. Although neither do the strokes so who knows. Highly doubt it though.

The Strokes are a bit older than some of the other acts they've had but recently they had Foals, AM, Killers. Not too far off those imo.

Currently all they are booking is scottish headliners or new headliners it does seem. Although both 2021 and 2022 have had an exception to that (chems due to a pullout though)

11 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

There's probably gonna be another Bellahouston gig to be announced. Wouldn't be surprised to see Ezra do that, rather than TRNSMT.

The idea of Pulp headlining outright is growing more in my head.

Chili Peppers still have their show at Bellahouston „on hold“:

https://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/red-hot-chili-peppers-glasgow-01-07-2022/event/36005B45B48621ED

Could this be the gig you‘re talking about?

Edited by Karlos12345

1 hour ago, gordo1701 said:

Royal Blood have got to be a shout playing TRNSMT surely. There’s got to be a reason why they’re supporting Muse on all their UK shows except Glasgow

I reckon they're just at Glastonbury that day but they'd be a strong sub at TRNSMT too. Them subbing Biffy Clyro would do well.