trnsmt 2023

jj200

On 9/8/2022 at 2:48 PM, fraybentos1 said:

Really don't think it will be Pulp. They will do something up here though defo. Kasabian seems a fair shout as they seem to have maintained a decent size, although i notice their hydro show isn't sold out. Seems we can rule out Florence, The 1975, AM and The Killers which is surprising tbh. 

Oh actually I guess Red hot chili peppers maybe after cancelling Bella last year?

I know why Arctics are ruled out but how come the others are? I had a sneaking suspicion they might have paid out for the Killers next year.

26 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

I could potentially see Pulp as a "special guest" sub headliner like Sam Fender this year. I don't see why they'd need to be a headliner really, given they weren't last time and I don't see any reason why this would be any different.

T in the park 2011 is an anomaly. 100% they would headline

1 minute ago, gfa said:

T in the park 2011 is an anomaly. 100% they would headline

What makes this time different? They played 3 major festivals last time and were subs every time. If TRNSMT can get a big enough act in front of them, a sub placing is doable.

They had The Strokes in front of them at Reading last time around who weren't exactly at the peak of their powers at the time.

3 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

What makes this time different? They played 3 major festivals last time and were subs every time. If TRNSMT can get a big enough act in front of them, a sub placing is doable.

They had The Strokes in front of them at Reading last time around who weren't exactly at the peak of their powers at the time.

Pretty sure the case was Pulp co-headlined with The Strokes at R&L 2011 with one playing the headline slot each night rather than Pulp subbing.

As much as I love Pulp I don’t think I’d want them at TRNSMT though. If past crowds are anything to go by then it’d mainly be full of a load of kids who have never heard Pulp’s music (bar maybe Common People) resulting in a very flat atmosphere.

23 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Doable for what reason? They are a business that wants to make money - if they put a proper bill together Pulp could 100% headline. A good amount of people think they'll headline glastonbury (i don't really) but if they are getting shouts for that trnsmt sub isn't their slot imo.

12 minutes ago, LD1903 said:

Pretty sure the case was Pulp co-headlined with The Strokes at R&L 2011 with one playing the headline slot each night rather than Pulp subbing.

As much as I love Pulp I don’t think I’d want them at TRNSMT though. If past crowds are anything to go by then it’d mainly be full of a load of kids who have never heard Pulp’s music (bar maybe Common People) resulting in a very flat atmosphere.

Your not wrong there they'd suit connect far better

5 hours ago, MEGABOWL said:

I know why Arctics are ruled out but how come the others are? I had a sneaking suspicion they might have paid out for the Killers next year.

There was a fake lineup posted a couple pages back with killers, Florence and 1975 and @Mezhyp1said it’s not at all correct (he’s in the know) so pretty sure it rules them all out 

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

That was early cause they wanted to save money on VAT or whatever cause the Covid business support stuff was ending so it made sense for them to push it out early.

Doubt it'll be before November this year

Yep - last year was a total anomaly for anything like that. VAT on event tickets went up from 5% to 12.5% on October 1st 2021 (and again to 20% on April 1st 2022), so there was a huge push to get tickets sold earlier than usual.

5 hours ago, incident said:

Yep - last year was a total anomaly for anything like that. VAT on event tickets went up from 5% to 12.5% on October 1st 2021 (and again to 20% on April 1st 2022), so there was a huge push to get tickets sold earlier than usual.

must be a nightmare to manage the vat with vat changes like that.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, LD1903 said:

If the rumour on the Reading/Leeds thread about Sam Fender headlining is true I reckon he’s nailed on for this.

Yeah it makes a lot of sense. Third year in a row isn’t very exciting but I doubt they’ll be too bothered if he sells tickets. 

Sam Fender, a Pulp/Kasabian double bill and then one of Biffy Clyro or George Ezra seems very TRNSMT.

15 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Yeah it makes a lot of sense. Third year in a row isn’t very exciting but I doubt they’ll be too bothered if he sells tickets. 

Sam Fender, a Pulp/Kasabian double bill and then one of Biffy Clyro or George Ezra seems very TRNSMT.

Seems a bit overkill this