Covid testing pre festvial

zahidf

Will you covid test before the festival?  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Before you set off before the festival, will you covid test?

• Yes, even if I don't have symptoms
    • Yes, but only if I have symptoms
    • Not at all

44 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

The good thing about an open air festival especially one like Glastonbury is anyone who is still nervous can easily mitigate this by keeping away from fronts of stages due to how much space there is etc.

When at the Pyramid Stage for instance we tend to stand as far back as the urinals so we can nip between there and the bar with relative ease. 90% of the time it’s fairly spacious without feeling like you’re stood in a different postcode to the stage.

Probably the only festival where the sound quality is good enough to stand further back

25 minutes ago, hjwright said:

The main monkeypox transmission is going on between gay men at the minute, thus you're insinuating that we should close down the gay club in Glastonbury. A joke, but a particularly foul one considering the damage HIV did to the gay community.

tbh, I thought the first part on my post would indicate how I feel about covid, regulations, restrictions, etc.

I am anti-lockdown, and would never seriously suggest locking down the gay community (or anyone, any specific group) because of MP. I honestly thought no one would take that seriously, except the perennially offended.

• Downvote 1

I’ve managed to go the whole 3 years without testing positive until this week, which is a miracle considering for much of that time I was running a hospitality business. I’m fairly sure I had it last October, but the tests said otherwise.

Fully vaccinated and boosted, I managed to catch it at Bearded and I’ll be honest it’s totally knocked me off my feet! 

Really going this means I’m good for Glasto, but I’ll definitely be testing regardless as you never know what vulnerability anybody else has, and I wouldn’t wish this on anybody.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I’ll be testing pre and post festival … I’ve not had it and I have vulnerabilities (type 1 diabetes ) I do realise that many people have moved on and are past this concerning them … from my point of view I haven’t quite yet although it’s getting better and Glastonbury is part of that recovery process ( mentally ) I know The chance is a lot higher but other than locking myself away forever what can I do ? There will be others who are nervous too … covid didn’t exist when many booked tickets … hope the jabs do their job and I’m not I’ll during the festival as I can’t think of anything worse 

I know this is purely anecdotal, and everybody is different, but I know 2 people close to me who are both diabetic, both vaccinated fully, and both caught covid this year. Neither of them really struggled at all. (Thanks to the vaccine? Maybe... I'm no doctor.)

The worst that one of them had was a sore throat for 2 days then a persistently runny nose. That was it in terms of symptoms though. He wanted to continue working! However, that same person sadly continued to test positive for 21 days!!! Whereas everyone else in the group was testing negative within 7 to 10 days. He was absolutely fine, but the tests kept coming back positive. Don't know if that is / was related to diabetes, but worth mentioning I think.  

I do feel for people in your position, as you say, the tickets were bought before all of this, and you have waited so long for the festival to finally come around, that giving up those tickets would be crazy... (Must... Resist... Urge... To... Pun... Username...) It's only natural to feel nervous I think, but you've had your jabs, you have every reason to feel safe and get on with enjoying your life now. Also, I don't know how well you follow things, but Omicron is still the most prevalent variant in the UK, which is less likely to hospitalise you.

Hope you have an amazing festival!!! Sounds like you deserve it!

1 minute ago, Alvoram said:

I know this is purely anecdotal, and everybody is different, but I know 2 people close to me who are both diabetic, both vaccinated fully, and both caught covid this year. Neither of them really struggled at all. (Thanks to the vaccine? Maybe... I'm no doctor.)

The worst that one of them had was a sore throat for 2 days then a persistently runny nose. That was it in terms of symptoms though. He wanted to continue working! However, that same person sadly continued to test positive for 21 days!!! Whereas everyone else in the group was testing negative within 7 to 10 days. He was absolutely fine, but the tests kept coming back positive. Don't know if that is / was related to diabetes, but worth mentioning I think.  

I do feel for people in your position, as you say, the tickets were bought before all of this, and you have waited so long for the festival to finally come around, that giving up those tickets would be crazy... (Must... Resist... Urge... To... Pun... Username...) It's only natural to feel nervous I think, but you've had your jabs, you have every reason to feel safe and get on with enjoying your life now. Also, I don't know how well you follow things, but Omicron is still the most prevalent variant in the UK, which is less likely to hospitalise you.

Hope you have an amazing festival!!! Sounds like you deserve it!

I actually got mine in the resale 🙂 cheers it’s a weird feeling not knowing … perhaps that feeling is more the issue than covid … I also play badminton with a diabetes consultant who has also reassured me …  it is what it is I guess … 

34 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Apparently there's a new subvariant to worry about...BA5...maybe this will become the new Shit thread..

Just gone through South Africa with little impact.

image.thumb.png.1bebd7fb61fbfe25f9f234e10b51c63e.png

We can all hug each other with little to worry about at Worthy Farm 🥳

Edited by JoeyT

49 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Apparently there's a new subvariant to worry about...BA5...maybe this will become the new Shit thread..

15 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Just gone through South Africa with little impact.

image.thumb.png.1bebd7fb61fbfe25f9f234e10b51c63e.png

We can all hug each other with little to worry about at Worthy Farm 🥳

Hang on. Is BA5 an actual Covid thing?

I thought it was just a joke based on the Glastonbury postcode. 

Out of interest, for those planning to test...

If you test pre festival, and it shows as positive, but you don't have any symptoms whatsoever... Are you going to stay home?

What's your plan of action if you get the dreaded double lines?

20 hours ago, Slugworth said:

Why not? Don’t cost anything 

Well, free tests have ended now unless you work in HSC. So it does cost - £2 a test.

On 6/3/2022 at 5:39 AM, efcfanwirral said:

Probably the only festival where the sound quality is good enough to stand further back

Coachella has entered the chat.

Other, The Park and West Holts dont have repeating towers which they should if they wanted to ensure you could stand far and hear the music clearly. In 2017 during The Jacksons the sound was atrocious at West Holts and I was in front of the sound desk. People were yelling to turn it up.

25 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Coachella has entered the chat.

Other, The Park and West Holts dont have repeating towers which they should if they wanted to ensure you could stand far and hear the music clearly. In 2017 during The Jacksons the sound was atrocious at West Holts and I was in front of the sound desk. People were yelling to turn it up.

Well in England anyway! 

Other really needs those repeaters badly - the sound blows away so much! Have to be so strategic at that stage despite its size 

Edited by efcfanwirral

I'll test pre and post festival, as I do whenever I come back from London (or any crowded place I visit).

Spent a weekend in London last week and was ill for three days following, but not for COVID. Plenty of other things pass between people in crowds, so I'm not too worried.