Crew Bars 2022

stuie

2 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

They’re traditionally a bit mean at t+c, I have a few mates camping there and they’ve never let us in for a beer - won’t hand out guest wristbands etc, even if you ask mon or tues before the festival. Not sure it’ll change much with a different bar, but we’ll see! 

Yes. We tried on the Tuesday beforehand in 2019 and weren't allowed in.

1 minute ago, SGS said:

nope no and no - said it before and happy to say it again - the crew bars (its all in the name) there are hundreds of bars on site  and the crew bars are somewhere the crew can go to not be in the rest of the festival - think about it as a work staff room - let the crew  have a space for them - the drinks are no cheaper  its equally as busy as the other bars  usually,   there is the odd dj set  and thats fun but would you live in a bar for hours and hours on the off chance? I get that it's off lomots and that gives it a certain cache  but seriously you aint going to have a beer and a meaningful meeting with a celeb in a crew bar - they are all elsewhere - and if they are here - they are off duty and don't want to talk to you thats why they came in the first place - sorry if it souns brutal - but it comes up a lot and its boring really 

Thanks for the answer and not brutal at all. Have been lucky enough to go in a couple when volunteering in the past so totally get what you're saying. 

8 minutes ago, SGS said:

nope no and no - said it before and happy to say it again - the crew bars (its all in the name) there are hundreds of bars on site  and the crew bars are somewhere the crew can go to not be in the rest of the festival - think about it as a work staff room - let the crew  have a space for them - the drinks are no cheaper  its equally as busy as the other bars  usually,   there is the odd dj set  and thats fun but would you live in a bar for hours and hours on the off chance? I get that it's off lomots and that gives it a certain cache  but seriously you aint going to have a beer and a meaningful meeting with a celeb in a crew bar - they are all elsewhere - and if they are here - they are off duty and don't want to talk to you thats why they came in the first place - sorry if it souns brutal - but it comes up a lot and its boring really 

In general agreement with this.

Although Maceos have loads of DJ's and is very much a party bar. The Green Room certainly used to have bands on, not been in there in years. West Holts also used to have a lot of DJ's, again not been in for a while.

The Guerilla Bar is the place where there's a good chance of a meaningful meeting with a celeb, I've met Bez, Thom Yorke and Don Letts in there. It's quite hard to access though, effectively invite only.

But as SGS says they are places for crew to get away.

Edited by Skip997
  • Like 1

Thinking about it - I think last year T&H was closed temporarily as they had a large JCB in there - probably moving the pizza oven!! Had I been a bit more patient, then Im sure it would have opened - thinking that was probably about Tuesday. I shall do some market research by wandering around them on the Sunday evening!

26 minutes ago, Milocat said:

Thinking about it - I think last year T&H was closed temporarily as they had a large JCB in there - probably moving the pizza oven!! Had I been a bit more patient, then Im sure it would have opened - thinking that was probably about Tuesday. I shall do some market research by wandering around them on the Sunday evening!

Ah maybe just bad timing! This was Monday afternoon…

557F1E33-712A-48E6-B320-BD2F0D18FEFB.thumb.jpeg.578aa8e065c32595553e6b223cfa6a4c.jpeg

00CE8A1D-3327-4638-BFF6-6676908FD5E3.jpeg

Edited by stuie

On 4/21/2023 at 7:06 PM, Skip997 said:

In general agreement with this.

Although Maceos have loads of DJ's and is very much a party bar. The Green Room certainly used to have bands on, not been in there in years. West Holts also used to have a lot of DJ's, again not been in for a while.

The Guerilla Bar is the place where there's a good chance of a meaningful meeting with a celeb, I've met Bez, Thom Yorke and Don Letts in there. It's quite hard to access though, effectively invite only.

But as SGS says they are places for crew to get away.

Hi, where is The Guerilla Bar? All I know atm is behind Arcadia down the production track, got a pass card to get in but need to find it…….

• 2 weeks later...

Seem to remember a list of all the crew bars (potentially with rough What3words locations?) floating around last year - does anyone happen to have it?

Always try to work my way around pre-fest but usually just end up starting at Acoustic and then going straight to Maceos or Tow and Hitch, and want to try out some new ones this year. Popped into the one at West Holts for the first time last year to use the loos inbetween sets and it was great! Security on the door were always lovely and chatty too.

Edited by oakdown

57 minutes ago, oakdown said:

Popped into the one at West Holts for the first time last year to use the loos inbetween sets and it was great! Security on the door were always lovely and chatty too.

That's the only place onsite that my wife was willing to take a dump last year. It's a nice place to take shelter from the madness.

Edited by Johnnyseven

I had wrist bands for Maceos last year,  and its fine but wasn’t worth the faff to be honest.

So many people have wristbands so at the times when you actually want to go there so does everyone else. You still have to queue to get in and ridiculously busy inside. there’s really nothing exclusive about it.

Edited by Twiggy553

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/22/2023 at 8:49 PM, Skip997 said:

Behind Truth stage down the production path

Is geurilla a crew bar then? The guy serving our roast at rocket lounge last year was telling us about it advising us to go so we assumed it was just a shangri-la secret type of thing. We never found an entrance anyway but found an exit and an idea of where it was.

2 hours ago, jow95 said:

Is geurilla a crew bar then? The guy serving our roast at rocket lounge last year was telling us about it advising us to go so we assumed it was just a shangri-la secret type of thing. We never found an entrance anyway but found an exit and an idea of where it was.

It's not specific to any crew and theoretically open to anyone.

However, you need a "membership card" to enter, which are hard to get hold of.

2 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

It's not specific to any crew and theoretically open to anyone.

However, you need a "membership card" to enter, which are hard to get hold of.

"Hard to get hold of" you say.

how much do you want? 😏

On 4/21/2023 at 5:26 PM, Milocat said:

Anyone know which crew bar opens first. Tow and Hitch always seems to be being built even on Wednesday. Acoustic also - but they seem to let you in even though its not finished. Think it may be Maceos. Are there any up and running as early as the Sunday before? Dont think any of the main bars open until at least Tuesday.

Broke Britain will be open by then 

On 6/8/2023 at 12:24 PM, oakdown said:

Potentially being a bit daft but isn't the SS Broke Britain the Unfairground crew bar now? What's the UFG bar next to it here?

Untitled.png

Is that a crew bar tube map? Any chance of a copy? 

5 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Is that a crew bar tube map? Any chance of a copy? 

Aye sure! Got it off the WhatsApp Crew Bar Crawl (RIP) chat, think they're to send out a higher quality version with what3words locations in there next week.

2136446819_WhatsAppImage2023-06-07at19_12_25.thumb.jpg.94dc1cc0697168d46c538a7477a3dfb6.jpg

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...