What are your headliner choices for Glastonbury 2022?

gooner1990

On 6/1/2022 at 9:34 PM, nikkic said:

Friday really is a proper conundrum for me. 

I’ve been so set on Simz for a long long time, but the chance of seeing Jon Hopkins then straight into Four Tet is very very tempting. 

I need to see Four Tet at some point! The other option is to stick with Simz, then see FT Saturday on Arcadia. 

Agreed on JH to Four Tet, very tempting. 
I think my son will enjoy Foals’ music more than JH, but the visual aspect of Arcadia. Clash clash clash. 

39 minutes ago, PassingCloud said:

Agreed on JH to Four Tet, very tempting. 
I think my son will enjoy Foals’ music more than JH, but the visual aspect of Arcadia. Clash clash clash. 

Has he seen Arcadia before? 

If not I’d say at least a bit of time there is essential, visually it’s pretty much unmatched. 

15 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Has he seen Arcadia before? 

If not I’d say at least a bit of time there is essential, visually it’s pretty much unmatched. 

No. He’s never been and it wasn’t invented when I last went 🙂 

Definitely going there at some point. I have my (ir)responsible parent t-shirt ready to go. 

Edited by PassingCloud

Just now, PassingCloud said:

No. He’s never been and it want invented when I last went 🙂 

Definitely going there at some point. I have my (ir)responsible parent t-shirt ready to go. 

Ah no that’s definitely good parenting!!!

• Like 1

It’s a Friday headscrather for us as Billie is really our only chance for a Pyramid headliner (it’s nice to have at least one, right?)….but…Foals is WAY more our taste….but…we’ve seen them before…but, but, but…so who knows where we end up.

Saturday is a Roisin shoe-in, bit gutted she’s not closing on Subday tbf.

On a side note it genuinely shocked me to find out it’s been eighteen years since Macca last headlined. It feels like yesterday (pun not intentional) and I only saw him then as I thought he’d never be back again..but still he plods on. Good health to the guy.

Sunday Bicep is our current bet…but that might change. Might ‘pull a Beyoncé’ and retreat early to the South East Corner.

On 6/1/2022 at 12:30 PM, SouthbanKen said:

If you're into Four Tet then Bicep on West Holts on Sunday will be bang up your alley.

You'd think, but I keep trying Bicep and weirdly they're just doing nothing for me.

Shame, as I loved Justice in the same slot back in '17.

2 hours ago, dogeggs said:

It’s a Friday headscrather for us as Billie is really our only chance for a Pyramid headliner (it’s nice to have at least one, right?)….but…Foals is WAY more our taste….but…we’ve seen them before…but, but, but…so who knows where we end up.

This is exactly where I am at!  I will probably end up at Billie for the same reason.  It is all a bit weird as Friday below the headliners is absolutely stacked.  Without exaggerating there are genuinely 15 acts pre-headliner that I would love to see, but will have to be reduced to 6 somehow!  Then we hit the headliners and for me its just a bit meh.  

34 minutes ago, circus92 said:

This is exactly where I am at!  I will probably end up at Billie for the same reason.  It is all a bit weird as Friday below the headliners is absolutely stacked.  Without exaggerating there are genuinely 15 acts pre-headliner that I would love to see, but will have to be reduced to 6 somehow!  Then we hit the headliners and for me its just a bit meh.  

To be fair, having days where stuff isn’t completely set in stone can work well too. I do like having the freedom to make a snap random decision and not feel the guilt that you’re sacrificing a band or artist else you really wanted to see.

As we say, let the cider guide you and things will work themselves out!