2023 legend slot

ProperTea

Just now, Jose Pose said:

But this year you were still denying Elton a even when it was essentially confirmed?

i just wasn't jumping on a vague image of a rocket which people said was rocket man. i don'r run with the crowd.

9 hours ago, clarkete said:

I was going to suggest hey you could "sad astronaut" it, which is what someone does in the daft comedy "Rough Night", when they wear adult diapers to drive the length of the country, but bloody hell 40 hours! 

I met some folks in New Orleans at Mardi Gras who drove nearly twenty hours from North Carolina, but I see why you're flying ✈️

Sad astronaut??? Lordy.

Robbie and Spice Girls are a level of cheese I struggle a little bit to tolerate but I’ll be smashed and happy so bring it.
Having said that I think it’ll be neither of them. We really have no clue do we 

8 minutes ago, Neil said:

i just wasn't jumping on a vague image of a rocket which people said was rocket man. i don'r run with the crowd.

Yet it turns out running with the crowd would have been the right thing to do as it was unbelievably clear that the "vague image" was part of the PR leading up to the announcement. Sorry Neil, but your quote comes across as someone sticking their fingers in their ears and shouting because you didn't want to admit what was staring you right in the face, along with a healthy dollop of snobbery and elitism. 

Edited by Harmonic Prospector

24 minutes ago, pops1998 said:

My understanding was that they were but it “fell through.” Who knows….

No, just some duff info that never made any sense in the first place!

3 minutes ago, dreams_burn_down said:

I reckon Erasure would go down really well on the Pyramid. Complaining about never getting booked probably doesn’t help their cause though…

https://pocketmags.com/classic-pop-magazine/jun-2019/articles/733475/erasure-demand-a-little-respect

There's a few of us been namedropping them for years to play - just in a more standard slot.

6 minutes ago, dreams_burn_down said:

I reckon Erasure would go down really well on the Pyramid. Complaining about never getting booked probably doesn’t help their cause though…

https://pocketmags.com/classic-pop-magazine/jun-2019/articles/733475/erasure-demand-a-little-respect

Don’t think they’re a legend but would be a good booking elsewhere.

Surely if you’re not getting booked for any festivals that’s your agent/managements fault though? 

6 minutes ago, dreams_burn_down said:

Yeah, they've certainly got some cracking tunes and played some decent sized venues last year. Presumably not enough crossover for the legend slot, but an afternoon in the sun would be nice. 

Has he ever played again with Alison Moyet? 

2 hours ago, Jose Pose said:

Roxy we’re never booked for the legends slot though, that was clearly duff info. 

1 hour ago, Jose Pose said:

But this year you were still denying Elton a even when it was essentially confirmed?

Don't believe anything posted on here until it's official.

I didn't think Elton would do it but by one point it was obvious and whoever didn't acknowledge that was either very in denial/ego stopped them accepting someone else had it.

Didn't take much work to predict that two headliners from a previously cancelled year might return.

The point of the slot, as you well know, is to provide 100,000 people with 10+ household bangers they all know and can sing along to on a Sunday afternoon, it’s nothing deeper than that.

it wasn't that with tom jones, it wasn't that with johnny cash. it wasn't that with every act that's played that slot.

its for legendary acts, such as roxy music, i had info nit was them, and had every reason to believe that info,

roxy were as wrong for that slot as bryan ferry was as a west holts headliner, if michael wants an act it tends to happen.

2 hours ago, pops1998 said:

So Emma Bunton said on radio 1 a week ago that they “had been asked” but they don’t think it will be next year… was that before or after Roxy fell through?? 

emma was saying a couple of months back that they'd never been asked, so it sounds lik things might have changed, but mel b might have got fed up at being pointed out as a bullshiitter, and asked emma to give a different story, )(lets make up some bollock 😛

The point of the slot, as you well know, is to provide 100,000 people with 10+ household bangers they all know and can sing along to on a Sunday afternoon, it’s nothing deeper than that.

Kylie and Barry Gibb might have 10+ household bangers, but is that really the case with Kenny Rogers, ELO or Dolly?