2023 legend slot

ProperTea

Roxy would be a complete and utter meh to the vast majority of people under 40 - that’s not a wild take.

the crowd would not be large

I think i’m aware of love is the drug and thats it.

it would be a disappointing legend for a lot of people, whilst being realistic and remembering its not possible to deliver a stone cold banger every single festival in this slot - as it depends who is touring and who will do it for the cash on offer.

One thing i expect most people could agree on would be that it would look daft if they make the poster look like roxy music is the 4th headliner, like they have done recently, when their stock is simply nowhere near that high.

Edited by Memory Man

11 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Here comes Robbie....

Please! Would be really good, i reckon!

Perfect for the slot, imo. He is active in the UK the week before! Its never made more sense

As for roxy well it was always a daft booking for that particular slot. They deserve a place on a main stage but the sunday legend was not right for them or the crowd

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think anyone said "I don't know any Roxy Music song and I'm not going to listen to them", they just said "I'm not already familiar with Roxy Music, as I would expect to be for someone in the Legend slot."

Anyway, the latter applies to me and I was never having them for the Legend slot, which looks to be right after all.

15 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Please! Would be really good, i reckon!

Perfect for the slot, imo. He is active in the UK the week before! Its never made more sense

As for roxy well it was always a daft booking for that particular slot. They deserve a place on a main stage but the sunday legend was not right for them or the crowd

If you are referring to Robbie Williams, hasn't he been paid a shedload of money to perform in Qatar during the World Cup? If you're not referring to said Mr Williams, I can breath a sigh of relief. 

1 minute ago, leath02 said:

This feels like a slight non surprise 

@Neil do you know if the booking fell through because of the band? Or because Glasto decided to go with someone else?

no idea, and not likely to find out.