2023 legend slot

ProperTea

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Can 100% see Glastonbury holding off until a full reunion. They know their attendees would prefer a full house rather than Spice Girls without their most famous member. They would only book them once, might as well wait until it’s the right time.

if they wrere doing that they'd have balance it against the "might never happen" possibility, and book the act that's bookable.

3 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Be waiting a long time, doubt Posh will ever go back to music. Whether she's there or not really isn't a big deal if the other 4 are.

Like saying the reason Glastonbury hasn't booked Fleetwood Mac is because Lindsey Buckingham isn't there. 

I think Spice Girls are in a different bucket though - I think they’d let it pass if it never came to fruition.

13 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Can 100% see Glastonbury holding off until a full reunion. They know their attendees would prefer a full house rather than Spice Girls without their most famous member. They would only book them once, might as well wait until it’s the right time.

Glastonbury are not mediators in band splits - or that fussy tbh. They'll likely look at the 700k tickets sold for the Spice World tour in 2019, which averaged 53k per show, and be happy to book them.

I'm not saying Posh wouldn't join though - she's a big fan of Glastonbury (and spent part of her anniversary once there) and might view it as a once only reunion, but Glasto holding out for Posh and not booking them without her is just not happening. 

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Neil said:

if they wrere doing that they'd have balance it against the "might never happen" possibility, and book the act that's bookable.

I can totally see them letting it go if it wasn’t the full house. Spice Girls are in a different bucket to bands who still have their front men / leading members.

Posh is the most famous member of the group. Comparing it to Fleetwood Mac (as above) doesn’t work.

Just now, Matt42 said:

I can totally see them letting it go if it wasn’t the full house. Spice Girls are in a different bucket to bands who still have their front men / leading members.

Posh is the most famous member of the group. Comparing it to Fleetwood Mac (as above) doesn’t work.

But in reality, Posh just isn't that integral to the group, despite her fame. She's the poorest singer with the least interest in music. If they booked the other 4, nobody in the field for the legend slot would give a shit that she's not there. 

If 4/5 is good enough for literally hundreds of thousands of fans who bought tickets to the last tour, why wouldn't it be good enough for Glasto? The festival ain't going to be so damn picky.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I can totally see them letting it go if it wasn’t the full house.

if a version of them was book able, its clear from the various members comments over the years, its quite probably the last time any version with original members would be bookable.

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

most famous, least talented.

Just now, kingbadger said:

If they booked the other 4, nobody in the field for the legend slot would give a shit that she's not there. 

Pretty big claim. Don’t think it’s true.

I’d rather they never played if it isn’t the full shebang. And I’d quite like to see them show up.

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Pretty big claim. Don’t think it’s true.

I’d rather they never played if it isn’t the full shebang. And I’d quite like to see them show up.

It's like when DiRo busted out You Can't Hurry Love and half the field turned their backs and left because the other Supremes weren't there.

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON
  • Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

It's like when DiRo busted out You Can't Hurry Love and half the field turned their backs and left because the other Supremes weren't there.

wonder why glasto did't say fuck off DiRo, come back when you've got your mates back.

19 minutes ago, sisco said:

Tbf, barring an Oasis comeback I’m not sure anything else would get the publicity they would 

Maybe if they nabbed Gaga / Rihanna but yeah definitely up there - or someone brings out a crazy guest

Or something like quite out there e.g. BTS but thats very very unlikely.

14 minutes ago, gfa said:

Maybe if they nabbed Gaga / Rihanna but yeah definitely up there - or someone brings out a crazy guest

Or something like quite out there e.g. BTS but thats very very unlikely.

In England Rihanna or Gaga would come nowhere close.  Seriously The Spice Girls are absolutely huge and would be everywhere in the news in the run up

1 hour ago, Zacko said:

If they were to play, they'd comfortably be the biggest news story of the weekend wouldn't they? Barring a giganto headliner 

They'd certainly be up there with the most coverage, depending who the headliners were.

Elton would get a ton of press as it's his last goodbye and prob the most new stories if he puts on an elaborate show with costume changes etc.

Taylor would get a bit, AM as well, but not as much I can imagine.

Roxy Music won't get anywhere near as much attention as DiRo, I would imagine.