Where to watch from

Fred Zepplin

I’ve no set area for any stage, it’s more driven by how keen I am on the act itself, I’ve been front row at the Pyramid but don’t have the energy for that anymore, but for a select few acts I’ll make the effort to be at the front of West Holts or the Avalon, beyond that ease and laziness sets in.

I love being right at the back at the pyramid whether theres someone on I want to see or not. It's a great viewpoint of that field and beyond. It never fails to amaze me how something so huge is allowed to happen and does happen, never mind the mass happiness. The logistics of the whole thing still boggles my mind after 30 years of going.

Other Stage, up on the railway path for me, much for the same reasons.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

I will be streaming all the sets from my chair outside my tent in Park Home Ground. 

I once went to a football match and there was a kid sat in front of me who watched the whole match on Sky Sports on his iPad.

Mrs P isn't good with a tight crowd and being a little vertically challenged struggles to find a good spot on the Pyramid field.  We have found in recent years that the ground has a better slope on the Mandela Tent side, and tends to be a little less populated.  As long as crowd density allows it we've found that just to the left of the smaller bush works well for us, or a little further back if not.

15 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Pyramid - The back of the pit. Not seen many Pyramid acts outside the pit tbh.

Other - Central if I can. Generally can.

Park. Rather be central, but otherwise on the right hand side. Quite close if poss.

WH - Central, pretty close to the front.

Tbh... central & Quite near the front!

I appear to have been standing next to Fuzzy all these years!

Back of the pit for The Pyramid. No real preferences for the others, just back a bit from the front and as central as you can get.

Avoid front right for The Park and The Other unless you want to be on TV a lot as the boom camera swings overhead.

3 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Back of the pit for The Pyramid. No real preferences for the others, just back a bit from the front and as central as you can get.

Avoid front right for The Park and The Other unless you want to be on TV a lot as the boom camera swings overhead.

We made a very active choice not to be anywhere  lose to a camera for the chemical brothers in 2019.

I do like the pit for The Pyramid. I do like the back of the pit for The Pyramid. I could do without the crushes getting in and out and the chair w*nkers hogging the rail at the back though.

Also, this thread could do with certain terminology. When discussing theatre the terms Stage Right and Stage Left are preferred.  Daaaahrrrrrlings.

I genuinely can't tell where half of you are on about.

I generally try to enter the pit from stage right because Cider Bus and I' generally try to camp Row Mead that side.

6 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Yeah. Was on a sick note one year (hey, The Doc said I needed a holiday). Got a bit too close for comfort at The Park for a certain act. Still didn't manage to see myself on the footage when I got back though. I guess putting my head down every time I spotted the camera approaching worked.

The people that want to be on TV are either performing or are carrying a flag everywhere with them

(I'm sorry but it's traditional at this time of year. I'll get my coat).