Act missing from poster

Crazyfool01

1 hour ago, maelzoid said:

I can't bear it. I am blocking any one who uses it genuinely. Inevitably I think this policy will lead to me leaving this forum as I block every other regular user...

Just harmless fun isn't it? Plenty of running jokes and repeated phrases on these boards.

2 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Hello and welcome to joining in with the forum. If they are playing nearby and haven't sold out their tour that could actually be a factor in them not being announced as a lot of people could think I won't bother buying tickets I'll just catch them at the festival so they may well just be a later announcement. 

Thank you, nice to be here. Good point, hopefully they’ll be announced at a later date then!

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Looking forward to seeing what the likes of Left Field and Williams Green have in store this year.

Would expect to see the likes of Yard Act, Shame and The Murder Capital turn up in these places. Yard Act especially you'd think were a sure thing for Left Field. 

Talk Show too.

1 hour ago, maelzoid said:

I can't bear it. I am blocking any one who uses it genuinely. Inevitably I think this policy will lead to me leaving this forum as I block every other regular user...

Blocking you the next time you say ‘Pymild’ or jokingly include the name of Radiohead’s debut album in 9th place in a list. 

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Definitely expected the Manics on there... Still wouldn't be shocked to see them there though.

Random thought: were they left off because their name was too long? They already had Megan Thee Stallion, Nightmares on Wax and NGHFB around that part of the poster...

Great theory and I hope that's the case, though very unlikely.

I'm a sad act who squints my eyes before I look at the poster, so I can get some paper to put on the screen and reveal each act 1 at a time... was gutted when I knew Manics weren't on that line. And instantly confused at the thought of Amyl and the Sniffers subbing...til I realised it's alphabetical...

Just now, Stokesy10 said:

Great theory and I hope that's the case, though very unlikely.

I'm a sad act who squints my eyes before I look at the poster, so I can get some paper to put on the screen and reveal each act 1 at a time... was gutted when I knew Manics weren't on that line. And instantly confused at the thought of Amyl and the Sniffers subbing...til I realised it's alphabetical...

Lmaooo I used to do this. Did it with my hand on my phone this morning revealing one line at a time.

Just now, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Lmaooo I used to do this. Did it with my hand on my phone this morning revealing one line at a time.

I used to do it with teletext football scores when I was a kid... this is my adult version of that.

I had a meeting 9-11 this morning so it was torture not being able to look at it, and seeing 132 WhatsApp notifications... managed to avoid seeing any before the big old paper reveal job though 

1 minute ago, Stokesy10 said:

I used to do it with teletext football scores when I was a kid... this is my adult version of that.

I had a meeting 9-11 this morning so it was torture not being able to look at it, and seeing 132 WhatsApp notifications... managed to avoid seeing any before the big old paper reveal job though 

I’ve spent two work calls today sat talking about Glasto placements on Messenger and snapped out of it several times by someone asking me about some task and having no idea what they’re talking about. Bad vibes.

2 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

When I was a kid my dad and I used to listen to West Brom away games on the radio but he'd turn it off with about 10 minutes to go and wait for the results to come through on Grandstand.

Just now, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

I’ve spent two work calls today sat talking about Glasto placements on Messenger and snapped out of it several times by someone asking me about some task and having no idea what they’re talking about. Bad vibes.

Somto's career is dabbing down.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

Just seen that Beautiful Days have got a load of acts I would love to see including Anais Mitchell, beth orton, Seth lakeman, Eliza Carthy, Hollie Cook, The Specials, it goes on and on and on. Argh.

Tempted to do both

24 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Just harmless fun isn't it? Plenty of running jokes and repeated phrases on these boards.

I mean, yes you're right. I've thought about this myself, as I did think my irrational hatred of the dab down thing was just me being old and grouchy and shaking my fist at the proverbial cloud. Running jokes were much better in my day etc.

But it's the sheer volume of it that gets on my nerves. It's on every other comment on every other thread. Feel like I'm drowning in dab.

But hey, I can just skip past it. It's not going to drive me away or make me block anyone. But that's why I personally find it more irritating than other running jokes. 

Anyway, back to posters. Still getting over Manics and Big Moon.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Quark said:

I mean, yes you're right. I've thought about this myself, as I did think my irrational hatred of the dab down thing was just me being old and grouchy and shaking my fist at the proverbial cloud. Running jokes were much better in my day etc.

I've decided just to to roll with it.

If that is the way the wind is blowing let it not be said I don't also blow.

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It's a genuinely useful phrase I find. I've started using it IRL.

As a relatively sane poster (not much competition I know) could you give me a simple explanation of what it means?

I want to be able to talk to the young folk without humiliating myself.

Edited by Quark

1 minute ago, Quark said:

As a relatively sane poster (not much competition I know) could you give me a simple explanation of what it means?

I want to be able to talk to the young folk without humiliating myself.

It's like smurf. You can smurf it to smurf the context.

Or dab the downtext, I should say.

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

It's like smurf. You can smurf it to smurf the context.

Or dab the downtext, I should say.

I can't tell if I like you more or hate you more based on this response. It's honestly quite difficult to tell.