Connect Festival

kingcrawler

Was expecting one or two bigger names, but its not too bad tbf, I dont know Fred Again.. stuff but Young Fathers / Roisin Murphy / MUNA / Friendly Fires is pretty strong and has me tempted for Saturday at least. I'd watch the top lines on the other days too.

There’s not really any days I’m desperate to go too but I hope Connect does well. I had a great time on The National day last year, it’s a good event if they can make it work. I’ll probably end up going on the Saturday as my girlfriend is quite into Fred and Roisin Murphy, and Young Fathers, Muna, Biig Piig, Kelly Lee Owens plus those two makes for a decent day. 

I feel like each day appeals to a different crowd, so I’m not sure how many weekend tickets they’ll sell. Hopefully it’s a success though, it’s nice to see DF taking some risks with headliners.

13 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I feel like each day appeals to a different crowd, so I’m not sure how many weekend tickets they’ll sell. Hopefully it’s a success though, it’s nice to see DF taking some risks with headliners.

I agree on both points but the most liked reply on Twitter to the line up is currently "Looking forward to the headliners being announced"

I know Fred is popular right now but all the headliners this year are "smaller" than last year and last year didn't sell well. 
Hopefully I'm wrong and this is a success but I think it needed a couple of bigger names. 

2 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

i feel like each day appeals to a different crowd, so I’m not sure how many weekend tickets they’ll sell. 

This is nail on the head. What crossover is there for primal scream and franz one day, and boygenius another and fred again a diff day? Not much i would argue

and you can only camp with a weekend ticket not even a 2 day ticket….. herein lies the problem / flaw in the setup. Its not a camping festival per se, its a 3 separate day fests with a strict curfew where there is the option to pitch in a pre determined zone

what are campers to do from 11pm? 

Edited by Memory Man

2 hours ago, chickenfire said:

I agree on both points but the most liked reply on Twitter to the line up is currently "Looking forward to the headliners being announced"

I know Fred is popular right now but all the headliners this year are "smaller" than last year and last year didn't sell well. 
Hopefully I'm wrong and this is a success but I think it needed a couple of bigger names. 

This is pretty accurate. The national attracted people from all over the UK to scotland for their connect show as they have a hardcore following who will travel.

primal scream play in most peoples back gardens annually

I feel the changes to the Friday will effect day ticket sales a lot. Would have 100% got a day ticket the second it went on sale if the day didn't start at 5pm and there weren't less acts for the same price. Going to wait now and see if any of the acts I want to see clash before I buy a ticket

Early days but I made a clashfinder for this: https://clashfinder.com/s/connect2023/

The order/stage splits are just based on the order the acts are listed on the line-up page on the website. A couple of things seem a bit odd (Friday main stage mainly) but Saturday and Sunday look pretty realistic for what I'd have expected.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, judyblue110 said:

I'm surprised and disappointed that DEVO aren't at this.

Would have been a decent addition, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the Green Man festival lineup gets added however, likes of First Aid Kit, Spiritualized, The Walkmen, Amyl and the Sniffers would be decent additions 

Pre-sales sold out seemingly

12 hours ago, diekatze said:

so i'm a bit confused... is this primarily a "city festival" like Primavera Sound, where most people stay in the city and just come out for the shows? or do most people camp on site? 

The camping its pretty small, but apparently they're expanding it this year. The site is right next to Edinburgh Airport, rather than being "in the city", its about 25/30 minutes into the city itself depending on traffic. 

I'd say the vast majority of people are travelling to and from the festival each day (Edinburgh and Glasgow to a lesser extent). 

Little bit disappointed with this to be honest, which has been the story with 2023 festival lineups across the board for me. 

There's some cool acts each day but I don't know if that's enough for me to go back this year. Will depend on what else is to come in the next wave. 

8 hours ago, diekatze said:

alright, thanks a lot!

how many bands are you guys expecting to be added still? any more "big" acts?

I highly doubt any "big" acts will be added to this. A few to bulk out the line up when the stage splits get confirmed in a couple of months. 

3 hours ago, ThomT94 said:

Little bit disappointed with this to be honest, which has been the story with 2023 festival lineups across the board for me. 

Bearded Theory is the only one am excited about!

• 5 weeks later...

Had a market research survey from them this morning (apparently from an agency, but very poorly constructed), so possible they are struggling to shift tickets in quantities. Going heavy on the 'family' angle.

On 4/2/2023 at 6:12 PM, Fnmentaluk said:

When are we expecting more names, on the fence at the minute for even buying a day ticket 

I’m not expecting any more big names, feel like we’ve got the bulk of the top two stages but expecting some padding out of the second stage and DJs. I put the acts into a clashfinder a while ago based on the order on the website and the main stage looks pretty full already.

20 hours ago, sheffinghell said:

Had a market research survey from them this morning (apparently from an agency, but very poorly constructed), so possible they are struggling to shift tickets in quantities. Going heavy on the 'family' angle.

Yeah I found this a bit odd, especially given it’s not really a family orientated lineup. Maybe the Friday but that more just appeals to parents rather than kids too. I did think the Saturday might have sold out by now and feel like the Friday will do ok in the end but yeah, not convinced it’s selling well either. I‘ll probably end up going on the Saturday and still haven’t got round to buying a ticket, suspect there’s plenty of others in a similar situation.

• 2 months later...