Rosklide 2022

gfa

5 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

They kept mentioning this being the 50th Roskilde and .... this is what we get? Utter dogshit

Yeah, it's very weak compared to the past line-ups. However, I think they will add some big name(s) for Wednesday, where there are only 2 headliners, and maybe Friday.

9 minutes ago, mln said:

Yeah, it's very weak compared to the past line-ups. However, I think they will add some big name(s) for Wednesday, where there are only 2 headliners, and maybe Friday.

Wednesday is always smaller than the other days, so I won't expect more big names there, maybe some smaller ones.

From interview with the festival boss:

"Hvor mange navne mangler I egentlig at præsentere?

Vi mangler cirka 25 navne til warm up-programmet, hvor vi bevidst har ventet lidt, så vi kan få nogle af de nyeste navne med, som først har kunnet komme ud af spille i år. Og ellers 15-20 acts fra onsdag-lørdag, men det bliver ikke headliners."

About 25 more names for the warm-up days, 15-20 names for the actual festival days. No more headliners.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, mortand said:

From interview with the festival boss:

"Hvor mange navne mangler I egentlig at præsentere?

Vi mangler cirka 25 navne til warm up-programmet, hvor vi bevidst har ventet lidt, så vi kan få nogle af de nyeste navne med, som først har kunnet komme ud af spille i år. Og ellers 15-20 acts fra onsdag-lørdag, men det bliver ikke headliners."

About 25 more names for the warm-up days, 15-20 names for the actual festival days. No more headliners.

I guess that makes sense adding 15-20 artists more. Roskilde for me was always about the smaller artists and not headliners, sometimes there are very good headliners, sometimes not (like this year) but what makes the festival great are the third/fourth line and below artists on the lineup and this year I believe they are not good.

Regarding the headliners, I understand that with the corona situatuon and with the fact the other european festivals also not having good artists they could not do much but still could've brought the likes of Stromae, Deftones and although they put a lot of danish artists ( I think it is important to promote danish music for a danish festival), these shouldn't be co headliners, I feel that with Jada and Thomas Helmig they are just trying to save costs.

Oh and Wednesday is terrible opening day, how do we go from Kendrick and Taylor Swift to Post Malone? 

5 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

They kept mentioning this being the 50th Roskilde and .... this is what we get? Utter dogshit

FB_IMG_1645689640902.jpg

The undercard ist really strong. I like this line-up more than Rock Werchter for example. Imagine if they still had Taylor and Kendrick instead of Dua Lipa and Post Malone, the line-up would be mindblowing. It's still good tho imo, there are many great acts every day except wednesday maybe.

21 hours ago, MrTobs said:

The undercard ist really strong. I like this line-up more than Rock Werchter for example. Imagine if they still had Taylor and Kendrick instead of Dua Lipa and Post Malone, the line-up would be mindblowing. It's still good tho imo, there are many great acts every day except wednesday maybe.

And more smaller names are going to be announced so it will get better. Still paying 300 euros for a lineup like this while there are lineups like Primavera Sound Porto that have a better undercard and decent headliners for just 120 euros is a bit shameful. Also after analysing Roskilde lineup for a day I think it's the worst lineup Roskilde had in many years or at least as long as I can remember. 

It's not a term I like to use lightly, but is Pinkpantheress an industry plant? Hardly has any music released and hasn't even performed live, yet somehow she's placing high on festival lineups. It's just weird to see her on the middle line, whilst established acts like Fatoumata Diawara, Snail Mail, and Jimmy Eat World are on the bottom lines...

Edited by Gilgamesh69

41 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

It's not a term I like to use lightly, but is Pinkpantheress an industry plant? Hardly has any music released and hasn't even performed live, yet somehow she's placing high on festival lineups. It's just weird to see her on the middle line, whilst established acts like Fatoumata Diawara, Snail Mail, and Jimmy Eat World are on the bottom lines...

Tiktok famous, and her recently released mixtape got a lot of acclaim, so I guess she’s got such a high placing as she’s (currently) gonna be a big ticket seller due to having never played live before unlike some of those other acts who have played all over the place through the years. Basically the festival giving her high billing in the anticipation of her being a big star. 

On 2/26/2022 at 4:19 PM, Gilgamesh69 said:

I'm sure there'll be plenty to discover on the undercard, but this is quite possibly the worst Roskilde lineup ever. Just looking back at the 2020 lineup, they've lost so many good names: Angel Olsen, Charli XCX, Andeson .Paak, Doja Cat, Perfume Genius, FKA Twigs, Deftones, Tinariwen, Dave, Ride, Tom Ze...

Tom Ze is coming! But I agree, the undercard is not that bad but was much better and they lost a lot of good acts! But the Roskilde organisation said that they would add around 15 artists (not headliners) so let's hope that they would add some of those artists, as I recall Doja Cat, Perfume Genius, Charli XCX, Deftones and a couple of others are touring this summer. 

On 2/26/2022 at 3:19 PM, Gilgamesh69 said:

I'm sure there'll be plenty to discover on the undercard, but this is quite possibly the worst Roskilde lineup ever. Just looking back at the 2020 lineup, they've lost so many good names: Angel Olsen, Charli XCX, Andeson .Paak, Doja Cat, Perfume Genius, FKA Twigs, Deftones, Tinariwen, Dave, Ride, Tom Ze...

Hopefully they got lazy as it was long sold out and will be back on form next year. Its definitely a bucket list festival for me

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Roskilde finalized the Line up.

Compared to other danish festivals it is still by far the best and I'll have en amazing week. With that being said I'm dissappointed in the headliners - Loosing Kendrick Lamar, Taylor Swift, Deftones, Faith No More, Anderson .Paak and getting this. 

Also seems like Roskilde have been really keen on booking more than 50% women. Looking forward to fantastic ones like Little Simz, Sampa The Great, Fatoumata Diawara and more, but after listening to the entire program I must say it seems there is some "filler acts" compared to the standard of previous years. Not many clashes in my schedule compared to the 12 other times I attended (I refuse to play the age card!). 

Roskilde 2022.png