2023 Festival

TheWaters

Full list of survey options (for future reference)-

Alt/Rock Act: Blink-182, Green Day, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Machine Gun Kelly, Paramore, Twenty One Pilots, Kings of Leon, My Chemical Romance, The Stokes

Dance Act: BICEP, Calvin Harris, Chase & Status, The Chemical Brothers, Disclosure, Fatboy Slim, Fred Again.., Jamie XX, The Prodigy, Skrillex

Indie Act: Lana Del Rey, Tame Impala, Gorillaz, Gerry Cinnamon, Courteeners, Phoebe Bridgers, Jamie T, Kasabian, Wolf Alice, Rex Orange County

New/Growing Act: Ice Spice, Baby Keem, FLO, Yard Act, RAYE, Bad Omens, Destroy Lonely, GloRilla, TV Girl, Mae Stephens

Pop/International Act: Bad Bunny, Dua Lipa, SZA, Doja Cat, Lizzo, Olivia Rodrigo, Miley Cyrus, Lil Nas X, BLACKPINK, J-Hope

Rap/Hip-Hop Act: Drake, Travis Scott, Playboi Carti, Kendrick Lamar, Burna Boy, 21 Savage, Cardi B, J. Cole, WizKid, Nicki Minaj

Rock/Metal Act: Metallica, Queens of the Stone Age, Slipknot, Muse, Rammstein, System of a Down, KoRn

Stadium Act: Taylor Swift, The Weeknd, Harry Styles, Coldplay, Blur, Eminem, Post Malone, The 1975

UK Hip-Hop/R&B Act: Dave, Stormzy, Jorja Smith, AJ Tracey, Little Simz, Aitch, J Hus, D-Block Europe, Arrdee, FLO

4 minutes ago, stanh said:

Alt/Rock Act: Blink-182, Green Day, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Machine Gun Kelly, Paramore, Twenty One Pilots, Kings of Leon, My Chemical Romance, The Stokes

Dance Act: BICEP, Calvin Harris, Chase & Status, The Chemical Brothers, Disclosure, Fatboy Slim, Fred Again.., Jamie XX, The Prodigy, Skrillex

Indie Act: Lana Del Rey, Tame Impala, Gorillaz, Gerry Cinnamon, Courteeners, Phoebe Bridgers, Jamie T, Kasabian, Wolf Alice, Rex Orange County

New/Growing Act: Ice Spice, Baby Keem, FLO, Yard Act, RAYE, Bad Omens, Destroy Lonely, GloRilla, TV Girl, Mae Stephens

Pop/International Act: Bad Bunny, Dua Lipa, SZA, Doja Cat, Lizzo, Olivia Rodrigo, Miley Cyrus, Lil Nas X, BLACKPINK, J-Hope

Rap/Hip-Hop Act: Drake, Travis Scott, Playboi Carti, Kendrick Lamar, Burna Boy, 21 Savage, Cardi B, J. Cole, WizKid, Nicki Minaj

Rock/Metal Act: Metallica, Queens of the Stone Age, Slipknot, Muse, Rammstein, System of a Down, KoRn

Stadium Act: Taylor Swift, The Weeknd, Harry Styles, Coldplay, Blur, Eminem, Post Malone, The 1975

UK Hip-Hop/R&B Act: Dave, Stormzy, Jorja Smith, AJ Tracey, Little Simz, Aitch, J Hus, D-Block Europe, Arrdee, FLO

These are the options I selected.

I’m not a fan of Bad Omens but thought it was cool to see a rising band from the worlds of heavier music in there amongst all of those others so selected them. 

Edited by Andre91

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

Decent choices.

5 minutes ago, stanh said:

That's how I went.

On 4/13/2023 at 12:55 PM, theesundayroast said:

Been a long time! Feel like I've seen the 1975 far too many times the last few years so thinking of splitting between them, nx worries and the prodigy. Feel like Little Simz, Fred again... and peggy gou are my main draws for the other day. 

Nice one, yeah i'll be seeing the 1975 i think but might bump into you if you're going for the full weekend? I'm literally only going for the weekend to see the 1975. I'll probably go see Little Simz and Skrillex on the saturday though, then will be heading over to see Aitch.

On 4/16/2023 at 9:53 PM, Andre91 said:

I’m not a fan of Bad Omens but thought it was cool to see a rising band from the worlds of heavier music in there amongst all of those others so selected them. 

Bad Omens had a TikTok-viral song fairly recently and are racking up really good streams on Spotify, hopefully they can blow up properly with their next album.

On 4/17/2023 at 6:22 AM, D666N said:

Nice one, yeah i'll be seeing the 1975 i think but might bump into you if you're going for the full weekend? I'm literally only going for the weekend to see the 1975. I'll probably go see Little Simz and Skrillex on the saturday though, then will be heading over to see Aitch.

Awesome yeah, I'm heading for the whole thing. I'll give you a shout closer to the time to sort out a beer or two while someone's on. There's a lot of decent stuff hidden on some of the smaller stages so should be a good weekend!

1 hour ago, theesundayroast said:

Awesome yeah, I'm heading for the whole thing. I'll give you a shout closer to the time to sort out a beer or two while someone's on. There's a lot of decent stuff hidden on some of the smaller stages so should be a good weekend!

Nice one mate, this is my first time going to this festival, i've heard horror stories so i'm hoping that it's just personal preference! 

On 4/16/2023 at 9:49 PM, stanh said:

I went with Green Day, The Chemical Brothers, Tame Impala, Bad Omens, Olivia Rodrigo, Travis Scott, Metallica, Eminem & Little Simz.

18 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Greta Van Fleet are playing a massive tour, including Wembley, Hydro and Manchester Arena so I think they’re a safe bet to be a sub headliner next year. That tour easily makes them big enough. 

Is it bad I don't know who they are?

27 minutes ago, TKOCF said:

This festival really missed a trick not getting Fred Again… x Skrillex x Four Tet as an exclusive. Their Coachella set looked immense.

They had already announced their headliners / subs before they even started doing it...?

9 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

They've added some names, could tell you who.

They've gone for the old school poster layout because that'll make people buy tickets to your dying festival 20230428_120339.thumb.jpg.bfd1078091d9f6aecfe78e6d53cba7f1.jpg

This made me realise the change in poster design helped to hide just how many fewer acts there are. When it’s in the old design it’s glaringly obvious

8 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

They've gone for the old school poster layout because that'll make people buy tickets to your dying festival 20230428_120339.thumb.jpg.bfd1078091d9f6aecfe78e6d53cba7f1.jpg

Vs…

image.thumb.png.370b79f2765de662a4ab02a48fee5ebf.png

Even with the header, bigger gaps between stages etc… it’s a horribly stark difference in choice

image.jpeg

22 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

To be fair to them it looks a lot nice than the horizontal lines scattered haphazardly (imo, of course)

• Upvote 1

Despite the lineup still being an absolute shitter, although, additions of Cordae and Ken Carson are pretty solid, the poster format looks SO much better like this, really quite like the new design (compared to both the previous horizontal lines and posters before MSW), looks a lot cleaner and slick. Shame the lineups poor.