2023 Festival

TheWaters

20 hours ago, charlierc said:

As someone local-ish to Milton Keynes I found it kinda funny. It was also oddly less bad for traffic, but then it had the advantage of being on a Saturday. I went to the first of the 3 MCR dates, which saw rush-hour and gig traffic coincide on the roads around the stadium and fuck me it was awful.

Maybe it's also why there's still a decent number of tickets available for Muse in Milton Keynes by the look of it.

Have to bear in mind Muse are playing at the National Bowl which is a 65k capacity rather than the stadium which is 35k for gigs so that also plays a part

On 3/12/2023 at 2:01 PM, charlierc said:

As someone local-ish to Milton Keynes I found it kinda funny. It was also oddly less bad for traffic, but then it had the advantage of being on a Saturday. I went to the first of the 3 MCR dates, which saw rush-hour and gig traffic coincide on the roads around the stadium and fuck me it was awful.

Maybe it's also why there's still a decent number of tickets available for Muse in Milton Keynes by the look of it.

I don't know why organisers think it's a good idea to have these big open air gigs on a Friday. I remember a few years ago when Ed Sheeran played at Roundhay Park and getting off the bus and basically walking all the way home across Leeds, Falling Down style, because the city was at a complete standstill.

1 hour ago, VCK said:

I don't know why organisers think it's a good idea to have these big open air gigs on a Friday. I remember a few years ago when Ed Sheeran played at Roundhay Park and getting off the bus and basically walking all the way home across Leeds, Falling Down style, because the city was at a complete standstill.

That MCR gig was a Thursday but yeah, kinda the same principle. Can guess that was similarly messy.

MK does tend to get congested for Bowl shows in particular - after Foo Fighters in 2011, getting home was quite chaotic and busy.

On 3/13/2023 at 10:21 AM, AlexR said:

Have to bear in mind Muse are playing at the National Bowl which is a 65k capacity rather than the stadium which is 35k for gigs so that also plays a part

While true, Muse sold 70k+ tickets when they played London Stadium in 2019. Could well be that the expense of the thing is counting against it when we have the ol' cost-of-living crisis and the show is inconvenient for London-based types.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, VCK said:

I’m shocked Leeds managed to get Ed Sheeran at all. It’s shocking to get around at the best of times never mind when 80k people descend on one location

On 3/15/2023 at 6:31 PM, andyrhodes24 said:

I’m shocked Leeds managed to get Ed Sheeran at all. It’s shocking to get around at the best of times never mind when 80k people descend on one location

And it's only become even more of a pain in the arse since 2019. Traffic in all directions at all times of day. Buses have become way more unreliable. I saw someone say there are third world countries with better infrastructure than Leeds has, and it's not wrong.

Mind you, you're a little isolated from it all up in LS22 😛 

On 3/19/2023 at 7:17 PM, VCK said:

And it's only become even more of a pain in the arse since 2019. Traffic in all directions at all times of day. Buses have become way more unreliable. I saw someone say there are third world countries with better infrastructure than Leeds has, and it's not wrong.

Mind you, you're a little isolated from it all up in LS22 😛 

It’s a shambles, I was thinking just this morning that there can’t be many cities of Leeds’ size that are as poorly connected.

Isolation up here is half the problem, it’s a good hour into town on the bus. Bonus though is that the local bus picks up at the end of my road and drops off at Bramham Park for the day trippers!

1 hour ago, Preensie said:

Not that I have much hope but weren’t we promised another lineup release. 

any idea of when it might be. Getting closer and surely with everything thinking this year is trash they’d want to release sooner

Main stages are all but full. They may try bring in a name it sales are properly awful, hard to imagine who that could be and where they could squeeze them in though...

Think this is pretty, just have to hope someone releases some stuff you love in the meantime

Turnstile seem to be playing Victoria Warehouse in August as well as their Brixton date. 

It seems weird that they’re in Europe in both June and August and seem to be missing for both Download and Reading & Leeds.

The only other place they could pop up is Boomtown. 

18 hours ago, wro_lap said:

W... why is James Blunt's name just randomly lingering between the headliners

🤣

Ooops I added that as a joke as one of my mates loves Blunty!

didn’t realise I grabbed the image of WhatsApp as opposed to an original

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, thatTFBguy said:

Got Dayglow as well. And he canceled his UK tour so consider me actually jealous! 

Found some decent stuff, all pretty samey though

Jockstrap and Goth Babe are both really good, if perhaps not exciting live

On 3/15/2023 at 6:31 PM, andyrhodes24 said:

Wasn't it because he wanted to do hometown shows to end the tour or something? So played here and somewhere in Suffolk as was born here and raised there.

4 hours ago, Benj said:

You know Reading / Leeds has turned shit when the only conversation worth having is about traffic at an Ed Sheeran concert 🤣

Guess there’s just not much to talk about really. 

…anyone got any secret set predictions?